Read on Twitter
?s=20
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,899

Re: NBA - The Re-Open: - Avery Bradley out, Page 55 

Post#1262 » by skbucks1985 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:25 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
Bucknado wrote:DAJJ tests positive. Do we have a list of all the positive players who aren’t coming back this year?

Every player whose team is not a contender and who has at least $25 million in the bank right now from prior earnings.

There, that’s your list. 8-)

Even though the players opting out have been disproportionately from sub .500 teams I'm a little surprised we haven't seen more players from those teams opting out. I think Portland believes they can make some noise and New Orleans and Memphis want to get their young guys the experience. But beyond them, by all indications Bradley Beal and Demar DeRozan and Devin Booker and Nikola Vucevic are all going to play.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#1263 » by DrWood » Wed Jul 1, 2020 3:22 am

StickeeFingaz wrote:Little bit of a misleading headline. Rudy Gobert can’t smell things from afar.

If you can't smell what The Rock is cooking, you ain't nobody.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,848

Post#1264 » by Plossum » Wed Jul 1, 2020 4:57 am

So how long before Harden breaks iso and hits the Orlando strip clubs?
#LockUpChuck
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,569

Post#1265 » by JayMKE » Wed Jul 1, 2020 5:02 am

People are attributing outbreaks to whatever they disagree with politically, all sides are guilty of it.

The whole point of this pre-screening is to find the asymptomatic carriers before entering this bubble, I don't think it's necessarily concerning until there is a positive that will cause them to miss the restart or the biggest fear of it spreading inside the bubble. I do think alternative locations should have and still be explored, it would seem a lot safer if they were holding this in Hawaii for example.
FREE GIANNIS
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#1266 » by Chuck Diesel » Wed Jul 1, 2020 5:15 am

Is it ok to attribute outbreaks to the people causing outbreaks though?
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,256

Post#1267 » by FlagsFlyForever » Wed Jul 1, 2020 6:28 am

Why would it be safer in Tokyo or Hawaii or anywhere else? Maybe if players were allowed to roam free but the bubble is going to be the safest place for players to be. All these players testing positive have gotten the virus outside the bubble. The whole point of all this testing right now is to catch it before they get to Orlando. I don't think the NBA is worried about this or surprised in any way. The worry will come if people start testing positive during play. That would mean somebody broke protocol.
Read on Twitter
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Post#1268 » by DutchManDanFan » Wed Jul 1, 2020 8:23 am

How difficult is it for an NBA player to stay away from the Corona virus? I would like to hear the stories how the players got infected. Most of them will be because of irresponsible behaviour (like Djokovic) and they will tell someone about it. Why can’t journalists find this out?
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#1269 » by LuessiT » Wed Jul 1, 2020 11:25 am

DutchManDanFan wrote:How difficult is it for an NBA player to stay away from the Corona virus? I would like to hear the stories how the players got infected. Most of them will be because of irresponsible behaviour (like Djokovic) and they will tell someone about it. Why can’t journalists find this out?

NBA players probably get into more contact with people. For the people they get in contact with it's likely the same, meaning the amount of indirect contacts of a NBA player is just way higher than the average Joe.
Now I'm sure many of players are occasionally reckless but it's not like the average citizen is a strictly law abiding either.

Regarding your last point: Why should we have a right to know?
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,653

Post#1270 » by BroncoBuck » Wed Jul 1, 2020 12:20 pm

ElPeregrino wrote:Why would it be safer in Tokyo or Hawaii or anywhere else? Maybe if players were allowed to roam free but the bubble is going to be the safest place for players to be. All these players testing positive have gotten the virus outside the bubble. The whole point of all this testing right now is to catch it before they get to Orlando. I don't think the NBA is worried about this or surprised in any way. The worry will come if people start testing positive during play. That would mean somebody broke protocol.

Players and team staff are still going to come into contact with Disney employees. Those employees aren’t quarantined. The NBA’s plan is that contact won’t occur between those groups of people, but that plan will inevitably fall apart once this thing gets going.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,123

Post#1271 » by DingleJerry » Wed Jul 1, 2020 1:55 pm

Plossum wrote:So how long before Harden breaks iso and hits the Orlando strip clubs?

Isn't Harden the most comfortable in iso? baboom tiss
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,634

Post#1272 » by emunney » Wed Jul 1, 2020 2:12 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:Is it ok to attribute outbreaks to the people causing outbreaks though?

But aren't the people who aren't causing outbreaks also to blame, since all things are inherently and immutably symmetrical?
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,993

Post#1273 » by midranger » Wed Jul 1, 2020 2:13 pm

BroncoBuck wrote:
ElPeregrino wrote:Why would it be safer in Tokyo or Hawaii or anywhere else? Maybe if players were allowed to roam free but the bubble is going to be the safest place for players to be. All these players testing positive have gotten the virus outside the bubble. The whole point of all this testing right now is to catch it before they get to Orlando. I don't think the NBA is worried about this or surprised in any way. The worry will come if people start testing positive during play. That would mean somebody broke protocol.

Players and team staff are still going to come into contact with Disney employees. Those employees aren’t quarantined. The NBA’s plan is that contact won’t occur between those groups of people, but that plan will inevitably fall apart once this thing gets going.

Please reconsider your animal consumption.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,961

Post#1274 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jul 1, 2020 5:58 pm

Read on Twitter
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Post#1275 » by DutchManDanFan » Wed Jul 1, 2020 7:56 pm

LuessiT wrote:
DutchManDanFan wrote:How difficult is it for an NBA player to stay away from the Corona virus? I would like to hear the stories how the players got infected. Most of them will be because of irresponsible behaviour (like Djokovic) and they will tell someone about it. Why can’t journalists find this out?

NBA players probably get into more contact with people. For the people they get in contact with it's likely the same, meaning the amount of indirect contacts of a NBA player is just way higher than the average Joe.
Now I'm sure many of players are occasionally reckless but it's not like the average citizen is a strictly law abiding either.

We don't have the right to know, but in Europe football journalists know a lot of these things. If there's some smoke, they won't stop searching untill they find the fire.
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#1276 » by LuessiT » Wed Jul 1, 2020 8:36 pm

DutchManDanFan wrote:
LuessiT wrote:

We don't have the right to know, but in Europe football journalists know a lot of these things. If there's some smoke, they won't stop searching untill they find the fire.

I feel like the US is worse in that regard. At least in big markets. Just thinking about it maybe I'm wrong.
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,899

Post#1277 » by skbucks1985 » Wed Jul 1, 2020 9:14 pm

The Raptors are in a quasi-bubble right now staying at a hotel in Fort Meyers and basically the only time they leave their hotel is to go to FGCU for workouts which coaches and staff are at from 8:30-5:30 and players filter in and out individually throughout the day. Right now they're on day 10 of 17 and if they're able to do this without issue, its at the very least a positive indicator that you can pull this off.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#1278 » by Chuck Diesel » Wed Jul 1, 2020 11:42 pm

Thabo opting out on a contender. Certainly doesn’t fit the “only guys on hopeless teams” narrative, but neither did Avery Bradley.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,105

Post#1279 » by skones » Thu Jul 2, 2020 1:23 am

The MLS thing is definitely not a great sign.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,569

Post#1280 » by JayMKE » Thu Jul 2, 2020 1:33 am

I don't understand why they're so dead set on Disney World when the season could be completed anywhere in the world.
FREE GIANNIS

Return to Milwaukee Bucks