ImageImageImageImageImage

Allonzo Trier Appreciation Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,259

Re: Allonzo Trier Appreciation Thread 

Post#41 » by John Murdoch » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:48 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:News flash: Trier isn't good.

I would always call him Alonzo Try hard . Reminded me of a worse version of Jordan Crawford
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#42 » by WargamesX » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:19 pm

I got to ask..... Did they bench Trier because KD went to the Nyets and Trier is a good friend of his? Like a lot of people assume he is going to BK to be with KD. If the FO did too, did that trickle down to “bury him into the dog house because why develop him if he is going to leave”?
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,900

Post#43 » by GONYK » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:00 pm

Trier's name being spelled incorrectly in his appreciation thread is fitting
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,274

Post#44 » by Clyde Frazier » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:07 pm

Boo knicks FO for not moving him for an asset at the deadline.

Still one of the weirdest developments with fiz of all people benching him. We know he liked his gunners.
Esq-4
Veteran
And1: 318

Post#45 » by Esq-4 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:35 am

I always figure there is so much I don't know behind the scenes that anything is possible. Logical assumption is he struggled in a team environment. He has talent, so hopefully on a functional team he can develop in that regard (if true) - or at least go to a bad team where he can play since he can certainly score on a NBA level.

Problem with having been bad for so long is that bad players (not necessarily saying AT is) will look good, when they aren't and good NBA players could look bad because.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,443

Post#46 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:43 am

This feels wrong. Feels like Leon making a move just to shuffle the chairs on the bench. Why not just play things out and watch and analyze what we have before you start pushing buttons.
Free Palestine
blanko
Starter
And1: 1,143

Post#47 » by blanko » Wed Jul 1, 2020 5:44 am

I think zo had an attitude problem and thats why fiz/Miller turned on him

Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk
Guano
RealGM
And1: 39,886

Post#48 » by Guano » Thu Jul 2, 2020 1:28 am

Chanel Bomber wrote:Letting Trier go is an awful decision that will haunt this franchise for years.

NYKat wrote:Kid has a lot of potential... (James Harden level long term potential)... these are the casualties of regime change

Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,260

Post#49 » by iLLmatic860 » Thu Jul 2, 2020 2:24 pm

All Trier ever post on his IG are highlights of himself lol. Im starting to believe this dude is extremely self centered. If he was 18-22. I would think theres still hope but he is 25 years old with attitude problems. That is hard to coach. I honestly think Brooklyn is the one and only perfect fit for him.
nyknicks2k2
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 573

Post#50 » by nyknicks2k2 » Thu Jul 2, 2020 4:18 pm

Zo having 6MOTY potential I can see. Allstar and Superstar stuff is wild though.

At this point though, this organization needs to figure out what type of players they want to build around and do it. If Zo doesn't fit then so be it.
FlashFlood
Rookie
And1: 509

Post#51 » by FlashFlood » Thu Jul 2, 2020 4:36 pm

Trier had some value off the bench as an undersized gunner at the PG and SG positions. I suppose ultimately he's replaceable in that regard, but it seems extremely odd that after signing him for nothing that the Knicks would simply let him go. Assets with viable skillsets are nothing to scoff at.
I suspect Trier wanted to leave, and would be curious to hear what he has to say about the departure. If I felt like I could put up big numbers and win, but the team benched me, then I'd probably hate being on the Knicks too.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,900

Post#52 » by GONYK » Thu Jul 2, 2020 5:55 pm

FlashFlood wrote:Trier had some value off the bench as an undersized gunner at the PG and SG positions. I suppose ultimately he's replaceable in that regard, but it seems extremely odd that after signing him for nothing that the Knicks would simply let him go. Assets with viable skillsets are nothing to scoff at.
I suspect Trier wanted to leave, and would be curious to hear what he has to say about the departure. If I felt like I could put up big numbers and win, but the team benched me, then I'd probably hate being on the Knicks too.

:nonono:

Return to New York Knicks