https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/kyle-korver-1.html

1. thanks, I know how to look up a player's stats

2. no one was comparing them as prospects
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: 2020 NBA Draft II 

Post#1223 » by Stillwater » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:06 pm

not sure I see a connection at all between the 2. Korver and Joe have much different skillsets and body types./
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,187

Post#1224 » by clyde21 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:33 pm

what part of no one was comparing them as prospects do u guys not understand? :lol:
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#1225 » by BlazersBroncos » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:59 pm

To keep this thread derailed, its pretty wild to think there was a time when a mid-major player with adequate size who hit nearly 50% of his 3's as a senior on near 4 makes per game was a middle round pick. I don't see any way Korver wouldn't be a middle 1st rounder in todays NBA.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#1226 » by Stillwater » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:56 pm

clyde21 wrote:what part of no one was comparing them as prospects do u guys not understand? :lol:

sorry i was just bored and making no sense is normal when I am bored
clyde21
RealGM

Post#1227 » by clyde21 » Wed Jul 1, 2020 4:27 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:To keep this thread derailed, its pretty wild to think there was a time when a mid-major player with adequate size who hit nearly 50% of his 3's as a senior on near 4 makes per game was a middle round pick. I don't see any way Korver wouldn't be a middle 1st rounder in todays NBA.

he would for sure go in the first in today's NBA environment
yahboi617
Freshman
And1: 7

Post#1228 » by yahboi617 » Thu Jul 2, 2020 4:54 am

Jalen Smith and Daniel Oturu seem likely to get drafted with the Celtics pick in the mid-twenties, Udoka Azubuike is an outside shot just because of his frame. How does everyone rank them and who seems like a good fit
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,165

Post#1229 » by God Squad » Thu Jul 2, 2020 10:37 am

yahboi617 wrote:Jalen Smith and Daniel Oturu seem likely to get drafted with the Celtics pick in the mid-twenties, Udoka Azubuike is an outside shot just because of his frame. How does everyone rank them and who seems like a good fit

Jalen
Oturu
Azubuike
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#1230 » by doordoor123 » Thu Jul 2, 2020 5:07 pm

yahboi617 wrote:Jalen Smith and Daniel Oturu seem likely to get drafted with the Celtics pick in the mid-twenties, Udoka Azubuike is an outside shot just because of his frame. How does everyone rank them and who seems like a good fit

I really don’t see the Celtics taking a center unless it’s a stash pick. They still have Williams, Theis and potentially Fall on contract. They also like to play Grant Williams with some center minutes. Kanter is probably gone next year, but I seriously doubt they take a center. More likely a power forward who could play center, but PF/C is also the strongest position in terms of free agency just because it’s so deep there. It makes the most sense for the Celtics to pick a SG/SF with potential. They have most of the same guys back on the roster next year and they need minutes to go somewhere. They might be wheeling and dealing come the draft to make room to draft someone. I can see them trading Carsen Edwards to make room for Tremont Waters and I could see them trading Theis or Williams if they think they can upgrade the position. But as of now they’ll have a lot of players to sign. They might have too much youth. They could trade a lot of their young guys for vets and future picks.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#1231 » by clyde21 » Thu Jul 2, 2020 5:09 pm

Celts have 3 picks in the first, they will for sure take a C with one of those picks, they probably will be all over Poku if he drops tho
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#1232 » by Stillwater » Thu Jul 2, 2020 6:20 pm

I figure Celts would take a big pg
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Post#1233 » by getrichordie » Fri Jul 3, 2020 2:46 am

Not really sold on Lewis Jr. being a lottery pick, to be honest. I currently have him #26 on my big board.

I have concerns about his ability to finish at the rim. I think it is possible that he HAS to play with a stretch 5 to open things up for him to take advantage of his speed as the value of it will be diminished if he struggles at the rim.

His defense is pretty questionable. He's small and doesn't have a great frame. Not sure how much weight he can add.

I think he will be a fine shooter. I don't think he will be a great one. I am concerned about his mid-range as well. If he can't finish at the rim and struggles from mid-range, what does he look like as a player and how does he overcome those issues?
[twitter] @thunderdustin
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#1234 » by doordoor123 » Fri Jul 3, 2020 4:29 am

getrichordie wrote:Not really sold on Lewis Jr. being a lottery pick, to be honest. I currently have him #26 on my big board.

I have concerns about his ability to finish at the rim. I think it is possible that he HAS to play with a stretch 5 to open things up for him to take advantage of his speed as the value of it will be diminished if he struggles at the rim.

His defense is pretty questionable. He's small and doesn't have a great frame. Not sure how much weight he can add.

I think he will be a fine shooter. I don't think he will be a great one. I am concerned about his mid-range as well. If he can't finish at the rim and struggles from mid-range, what does he look like as a player and how does he overcome those issues?

I don’t understand your comment. You realize he’s super young right? He has high-end PG kind of burst and speed. Not saying he’s going to be Russell Westbrook, but he had the same concerns coming from college. I actually think he’s going to be better in the NBA. There are better shooters in the NBA that will get him a bunch of easy baskets. To me he’s definitely a lotto pick. He can easily be the guy everyone missed out on. I’m actually excited to see what he looks like in the NBA. Not saying he’s going to be the guy everyone missed out on, but just for the chance to draft that guy is a big deal. Even if its 50/50.
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#1235 » by getrichordie » Fri Jul 3, 2020 4:41 am

doordoor123 wrote:
getrichordie wrote:Not really sold on Lewis Jr. being a lottery pick, to be honest. I currently have him #26 on my big board.

I don’t understand your comment. You realize he’s super young right? He has high-end PG kind of burst and speed. Not saying he’s going to be Russell Westbrook, but he had the same concerns coming from college. I actually think he’s going to be better in the NBA. There are better shooters in the NBA that will get him a bunch of easy baskets. To me he’s definitely a lotto pick. He can easily be the guy everyone missed out on. I’m actually excited to see what he looks like in the NBA. Not saying he’s going to be the guy everyone missed out on, but just for the chance to draft that guy is a big deal. Even if its 50/50.

I get that. His speed is his biggest strength. No question.

The outcome I envision for him is someone who can knock down C&S 3s at a ~37% clip and isn't a primary creator. His transition game is going to be awesome, but I have my concerns about his HC game. I think he will be a slightly negative defender. I don't think he ever adds a lot of weight. I think he can maybe get to 180. I don't think he ever becomes a great finisher unless he's playing alongside a stretch 5. I also have questions about his decision-making as a playmaker.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#1236 » by doordoor123 » Fri Jul 3, 2020 1:42 pm

getrichordie wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:

I get that. His speed is his biggest strength. No question.

The outcome I envision for him is someone who can knock down C&S 3s at a ~37% clip and isn't a primary creator. His transition game is going to be awesome, but I have my concerns about his HC game. I think he will be a slightly negative defender. I don't think he ever adds a lot of weight. I think he can maybe get to 180. I don't think he ever becomes a great finisher unless he's playing alongside a stretch 5. I also have questions about his decision-making as a playmaker.

He’s a cross between DeAaron Fox and Kris Dunn. At PG in the NBA no one can defend their man that well. That’s why size matters so much at the position, which he has. Plus his speed is such a factor on offense that negates some issues he might have. His Half-court offense should only get better with better shooters around him because he’ll have more space to cut and dish from a cut. Or run a high P&R and dish from the lane. His speed is why his halfcourt offense will work. Even if it doesn’t he’s still super young and has time to figure it out. With that said he has size and speed at PG which is enough to warrant at least a backup role on a team from the start. Can only see him growing from here.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1237 » by Ruzious » Fri Jul 3, 2020 2:49 pm

clyde21 wrote:Celts have 3 picks in the first, they will for sure take a C with one of those picks, they probably will be all over Poku if he drops tho

That's what I'm thinking - re them targeting Poku. Then again, they had a bunch of picks last draft, and I assumed they were going to target Clarke instead of Grant Williams. But I'm not going to question Ainge's maneuverings in general - he might be the best at it.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
clyde21
RealGM

Post#1238 » by clyde21 » Fri Jul 3, 2020 5:51 pm

Ruzious wrote:
clyde21 wrote:Celts have 3 picks in the first, they will for sure take a C with one of those picks, they probably will be all over Poku if he drops tho

That's what I'm thinking - re them targeting Poku. Then again, they had a bunch of picks last draft, and I assumed they were going to target Clarke instead of Grant Williams. But I'm not going to question Ainge's maneuverings in general - he might be the best at it.

yea Grant over Clarke was a weird one, also he went with Romeo over Goga at 14 which was also kinda weird
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#1239 » by getrichordie » Sat Jul 4, 2020 6:34 am

Counting all PIPM #s from 2005 to 2020...

Tyler Bey's D-PIPM for 2020 season ranks in top 20 (#18).

Xavier Tillman's D-PIPM for 2019 and 2020 seasons rank top 35 (#32 and #34).
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Roddy B for 3
Analyst
And1: 1,039

Post#1240 » by Roddy B for 3 » Sat Jul 4, 2020 6:49 am

I've only seen one Tillman game, vs UK, but he was very unimpressive.

On an unrelated note, I've got a "best team, possible" thread on the PC and I'd like to hear some thoughts from the people on the site I'm more familiar with.
7/1/2019
(I broke a mirror on 7-1-2012)

Return to NBA Draft