ImageImage

The NBA is rigging the 8th seed

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,234

Re: The NBA is rigging the 8th seed 

Post#21 » by monopoman » Thu Jul 2, 2020 2:54 am

One upside of the difficult schedule for Portland is if we want to prove how dangerous we are this is the perfect way to do it. If the Blazers fully healthy can go 6-2 or 7-1 or something I think it might bode well for actually pulling an upset against the Lakers.

If we struggle with the schedule I don't think I really want to see them in the playoffs anyways because they will have their hands full with AD and LBJ.
d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Post#22 » by d-train » Thu Jul 2, 2020 5:06 am

monopoman wrote:One upside of the difficult schedule for Portland is if we want to prove how dangerous we are this is the perfect way to do it. If the Blazers fully healthy can go 6-2 or 7-1 or something I think it might bode well for actually pulling an upset against the Lakers.

If we struggle with the schedule I don't think I really want to see them in the playoffs anyways because they will have their hands full with AD and LBJ.

I think it would be easier to beat the Lakers in a 7 game series than to go 7-1 in our 8 game schedule. I'm more confident we can beat the Lakers than Clippers based on our regular season games. Who knows, playoff are completely different. And, I don't believe we are getting in. The NBA wants Pelicans in the playoffs and they are willing to stack the deck.
Matt800
Rookie
And1: 317

Post#23 » by Matt800 » Thu Jul 2, 2020 5:54 am

monopoman wrote:One upside of the difficult schedule for Portland is if we want to prove how dangerous we are this is the perfect way to do it. If the Blazers fully healthy can go 6-2 or 7-1 or something I think it might bode well for actually pulling an upset against the Lakers.

Yeah it will be interesting regardless. It wouldn't surprise me if Portland starts with a few wins. After their training camp they should be somewhat ready, and they will possibly play Lillard and CJ playoff minutes. I'm not sure if they will be able to maintain it though.

Although the Blazers are not fully healthy. They don't have Hood, and they don't have Ariza. Ariza isn't hurt, but the point is they don't have their full team, and those 2 guys play the same position, meaning the 3rd string SF is starting or they are somehow playing Melo at SF.
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,083

Post#24 » by DaVoiceMaster » Thu Jul 2, 2020 5:27 pm

d-train wrote:Lillard, CJ, Nurkic, Collins, and Melo will start and play starters minutes. Trent, Simons, and Whiteside will get 90% of our backup minutes. Hezonja, Swanigan, Little, Gabriel, Hoard, and Jaylen Adams will pickup the scraps.

Nurkic will not play starter minutes. Courtside a number of weeks ago talked about Nurkic playing about 15 minutes per game. Collins will be cleared with no minute restrictions according to that same episode of Courtside.
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
Dzon Dilindzer
Veteran
And1: 4,159

Post#25 » by Dzon Dilindzer » Thu Jul 2, 2020 5:42 pm

DaVoiceMaster wrote:Nurkic will not play starter minutes. Courtside a number of weeks ago talked about Nurkic playing about 15 minutes per game. Collins will be cleared with no minute restrictions according to that same episode of Courtside.

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,083

Post#26 » by DaVoiceMaster » Thu Jul 2, 2020 5:50 pm

Interesting. I guess we'll see if the doctors feel the same way. I would assume Stotts has already had conversations about that so I hope that's the case. I'd love to see Nurkic get 24-28 MPG, but that may be too much to ask right now.
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Post#27 » by d-train » Thu Jul 2, 2020 6:11 pm

DaVoiceMaster wrote:Interesting. I guess we'll see if the doctors feel the same way. I would assume Stotts has already had conversations about that so I hope that's the case. I'd love to see Nurkic get 24-28 MPG, but that may be too much to ask right now.

Nurk might get the fewest minutes of all the starters. I think we need Nurk for 30 minutes to be our best and the more the better. Of course, we also need Nurk healthy and always available. So, Nurks body has to be taken into account when Stotts weighs how many minutes to play Nurk each game.
HoopsFanAZ
Bench Warmer
And1: 309

Post#28 » by HoopsFanAZ » Thu Jul 2, 2020 6:21 pm

Deleted.
dunlop212
Senior
And1: 83

Post#29 » by dunlop212 » Sun Jul 5, 2020 12:17 pm

I don't know how many players are going to show up 100 percent for this, but Dame will be one of them (cue Rocky music).

Return to Portland Trail Blazers