ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Game 65 | Los Angeles Lakers (49-14) @ Toronto Raptors (46-18) | August 1st, 8:30 pm | ESPN

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Lord_Zedd
RealGM
And1: 19,760

Re: GT: Game 65 | Los Angeles Lakers (49-14) @ Toronto Raptors (46-18) | August 1st, 8:30 pm | ESPN 

Post#281 » by Lord_Zedd » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:05 pm

bape_lovers wrote:Trudeau will never allow that to happen, even then, don't think its safe to bring that many Americans here

scopy wrote:They should have chosen Toronto. Probably has the lowest rate of COVID vs any state.

Plus wearing a mask here probably isn't as political as it is in the US.

Imagine Toronto being the host for the NHL, and MLB teams coming in and out from the USA just to play baseball games in the Skydome.

At the same time.
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Re: GT: Game 65 | Los Angeles Lakers (49-14) @ Toronto Raptors (46-18) | August 1st, 8:30 pm | ESPN 

Post#282 » by RaptorsNorth » Wed Jul 1, 2020 1:21 pm

How are games without fans going to look ?

Now you can hear everything the coaches scream and all the sh.. talking between the players. You might even hear when Serge lands that big right on somebodies chin :lol:

ImageImageImage
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,764

Post#283 » by nikster » Thu Jul 2, 2020 1:10 pm

Bankai wrote:
720 wrote:
Bankai wrote:The Virus is getting out of control in Florida. As a Raptor Fan, I want the Raptors to boycott the NBA restart and get out of there. This is like sending our beloved Raptors off to War when they dont have to. Just bring them back, screw this Season.

Bro chill. lol

We need nba action. Those guys will be fine.

Maybe you do in your dull life, but I see no benefit in trying to salvage this season, only unnecessary risks. I would've just waited to see of next season starts up like normal, and I would enjoy the NBA possibly back quickly as possible with a normal environment. Now we have to deal with possibly a clusterf*** of a Summer League NBA Season, that will also push the date back of next Season even further. I want the NBA back, but not like this.

The Raptors players are adults and can all make their own decisions. There is no repercussions to dropping these games other than not getting paid. The players want to play
nikster
RealGM

Post#284 » by nikster » Thu Jul 2, 2020 1:14 pm

rocky_da_best wrote:
720 wrote:
OAKLEY_2 wrote:
I really think rushing back to play TV studio basketball borders on reality TV. I agree w the poster. See ya next season just like a labour stoppage. Do not risk players health. Somebody could get permanently damaged.

Regular folks are going to work. My father has been working non stop because he counts as an essential worker and my mother has been called back to work for over a month. Some of my friends fall under the same boat. I don’t see how having NBA players in a bubble which should be safer than just being outside is that bad.

If one of us regular folks gets sick, we don't show up to work and quarantine for 14 days. If an NBA player gets sick, he may potentially infect other players who may in turn get sick. Sick NBA Player A must quarantine and more than likely will be ineligible for the rest of the season. I'm sure you can appreciate how quickly this can turn into a messy situation, right? In the Russian Premier League, one of the teams a week ago had to field a team full of 16 year olds because their main team all had to be quarantined. Imagine if 3 guys break curfew, get sick, then infect their teammates in a practice. Wtf then? lol.

So again the exact same thing happens to regular folk as players. You have symptoms? Isolate and get tested and test all your coworkers. Except the players coworkers are already getting tested every single day. Also the players have a benefit the rest of us do not, they can choose to skip the season if they don't feel safe and still have a job too come back to.

Russian premier league is not in a bubble
rocky_da_best
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,847

Post#285 » by rocky_da_best » Thu Jul 2, 2020 1:36 pm

nikster wrote:
rocky_da_best wrote:
720 wrote:Regular folks are going to work. My father has been working non stop because he counts as an essential worker and my mother has been called back to work for over a month. Some of my friends fall under the same boat. I don’t see how having NBA players in a bubble which should be safer than just being outside is that bad.

If one of us regular folks gets sick, we don't show up to work and quarantine for 14 days. If an NBA player gets sick, he may potentially infect other players who may in turn get sick. Sick NBA Player A must quarantine and more than likely will be ineligible for the rest of the season. I'm sure you can appreciate how quickly this can turn into a messy situation, right? In the Russian Premier League, one of the teams a week ago had to field a team full of 16 year olds because their main team all had to be quarantined. Imagine if 3 guys break curfew, get sick, then infect their teammates in a practice. Wtf then? lol.

So again the exact same thing happens to regular folk as players. You have symptoms? Isolate and get tested and test all your coworkers. Except the players coworkers are already getting tested every single day. Also the players have a benefit the rest of us do not, they can choose to skip the season if they don't feel safe and still have a job too come back to.

Neither is the NBA.

I bolded the important part of my initial response. If half a team gets sick they just forfeit? That sounds great for competition. :roll: Some of you dont get it. It's fine.
JShuttlesworth
General Manager
And1: 12,813

Post#286 » by JShuttlesworth » Fri Jul 3, 2020 12:34 am

Some of the posters in here are acting like the NBA is sending people to war. Have you seen the Raps in Florida? They're having a good time, enjoying the sun, playing basketball.

Unnecessary risk? What risk? They're all going to be fine.

The court setup down south looks pretty slick.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,830

Post#287 » by OAKLEY_2 » Fri Jul 3, 2020 10:26 am

nikster wrote:
rocky_da_best wrote:
720 wrote:Regular folks are going to work. My father has been working non stop because he counts as an essential worker and my mother has been called back to work for over a month. Some of my friends fall under the same boat. I don’t see how having NBA players in a bubble which should be safer than just being outside is that bad.

Russian and America are not allowed into the EU or into Canada on account of deteriorating Pandemic situations. If you are a "regular worker" in Canada you do have the right to refuse unsafe work. That "right" is being severely tested at the moment but America and Russia have botched botched attempts to contain this virus.
RealGM
And1: 66,425

Post#288 » by 720 » Fri Jul 3, 2020 5:21 pm

OAKLEY_2 wrote:
nikster wrote:
rocky_da_best wrote:

Russian and America are not allowed into the EU or into Canada on account of deteriorating Pandemic situations. If you are a "regular worker" in Canada you do have the right to refuse unsafe work. That "right" is being severely tested at the moment but America and Russia have botched botched attempts to contain this virus.

My friend and my mother both have had workers in different departments (same buildings) in their workplaces get COVID. They are still working, things are going smoothly as they should. Both work for two different major shipping companies. Again, regular people are working. NBA players if they want to, should be working. Especially if it is in a safe theoretical bubble.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,764

Post#289 » by Dennis 37 » Fri Jul 3, 2020 11:40 pm

720 wrote:
OAKLEY_2 wrote:
nikster wrote:So again the exact same thing happens to regular folk as players. You have symptoms? Isolate and get tested and test all your coworkers. Except the players coworkers are already getting tested every single day. Also the players have a benefit the rest of us do not, they can choose to skip the season if they don't feel safe and still have a job too come back to.

My friend and my mother both have had workers in different departments (same buildings) in their workplaces get COVID. They are still working, things are going smoothly as they should. Both work for two different major shipping companies. Again, regular people are working. NBA players if they want to, should be working. Especially if it is in a safe theoretical bubble.

I just don't get Florida. There are far safer places in the United States, than Florida.

Florida is rated 37th in Covid-19 status. https://www.thinkadvisor.com/2020/03/18/in-coronavirus-fight-ranking-the-most-and-least-aggressive-states/
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
nikster
RealGM

Post#290 » by nikster » Sat Jul 4, 2020 1:25 am

Dennis 37 wrote:
720 wrote:
OAKLEY_2 wrote:

I just don't get Florida. There are far safer places in the United States, than Florida.

Florida is rated 37th in Covid-19 status. https://www.thinkadvisor.com/2020/03/18/in-coronavirus-fight-ranking-the-most-and-least-aggressive-states/

They probably figured Disney World was maybe the best palce to hold a bubble. Courts, restaurants, hotels etc... Florida wasn't badly hit at the the time they started planning this. By the time it started exploding probably too invested
teksablabb
Ballboy
And1: 14

Post#291 » by teksablabb » Sat Jul 4, 2020 5:18 pm

An insightful look at the RaptorsvsLakers matchup to restart the season.

https://youtu.be/mjXIkYhGe4A

Will be interesting to see the rotations of the new Lakers roster and how it matches up with the Raps.
Darkseid
Analyst
And1: 3,391

Post#292 » by Darkseid » Sat Jul 4, 2020 7:07 pm

We are going to insert ourselves into the Lakers!
fbalmeida
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,889

Post#293 » by fbalmeida » Sun Jul 5, 2020 10:09 am

Without Bradley's 20 to 30 minutes of lockdown ball-carrier defence, the Lakers' defence will look very different to Lowry and VanVleet.

Nothing to fear here.
"The Raptors will be fine." - Masai Ujiri, March 26th, 2021
Tacoma
Head Coach
And1: 4,864

Post#294 » by Tacoma » Sun Jul 5, 2020 3:18 pm

OAKLEY_2 wrote:
720 wrote:
Bankai wrote:Maybe you do in your dull life, but I see no benefit in trying to salvage this season, only unnecessary risks. I would've just waited to see of next season starts up like normal, and I would enjoy the NBA possibly back quickly as possible with a normal environment. Now we have to deal with possibly a clusterf*** of a Summer League NBA Season, that will also push the date back of next Season even further. I want the NBA back, but not like this.

Don’t know why you would attack me unnecessarily, I don’t think I am alone in wanting the league back, it sounds like most people are excited for it to come back.. The nba knows more than you and they’ve concluded that they can properly monitor and enforce social distancing as well as constantly test to make it as safe as possible for the players.

I really think rushing back to play TV studio basketball borders on reality TV. I agree w the poster. See ya next season just like a labour stoppage. Do not risk players health. Somebody could get permanently damaged.

Far for me to support billionaire owners but the sentiment of them putting "poor" players at risk because of greed is wrong. The NBA players’ union approved a restart, so clearly they want money as much as the owners. Like Oladipo, any players can opt out from playing if they so choose. Players are co-conspirators, not pawns.

If keeping players in a safe bubble isn't safe enough for you, then eliminating this risk will require a vaccine which most medical experts say won't come until early-mid 2021. This should write off most/all of next season as well. Don't think it's just this season!
RaptorsNorth
RealGM

Post#295 » by RaptorsNorth » Sun Jul 5, 2020 3:42 pm

Is it really a bubble tho ? If it’s like the MLS bubble then I dunno about that since their were rumors of their players ordering pizza into the bubble.

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,678

Post#296 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Sun Jul 5, 2020 4:53 pm

Lebron's going to actually have to defend smaller guards without Bradley.

This should be fun.
RaptorsNorth
RealGM

Post#297 » by RaptorsNorth » Sun Jul 5, 2020 5:43 pm

Harcore Fenton Mun wrote:Lebron's going to actually have to defend smaller guards without Bradley.

This should be fun.
net really. They’re going to be lit up with offensive fouls.

refshateRaps
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,921

Post#299 » by refshateRaps » Tue Jul 7, 2020 8:31 pm

Tacoma wrote:
OAKLEY_2 wrote:
720 wrote:Don’t know why you would attack me unnecessarily, I don’t think I am alone in wanting the league back, it sounds like most people are excited for it to come back.. The nba knows more than you and they’ve concluded that they can properly monitor and enforce social distancing as well as constantly test to make it as safe as possible for the players.

Far for me to support billionaire owners but the sentiment of them putting "poor" players at risk because of greed is wrong. The NBA players’ union approved a restart, so clearly they want money as much as the owners. Like Oladipo, any players can opt out from playing if they so choose. Players are co-conspirators, not pawns.

If keeping players in a safe bubble isn't safe enough for you, then eliminating this risk will require a vaccine which most medical experts say won't come until early-mid 2021. This should write off most/all of next season as well. Don't think it's just this season!

Even then while the vaccine will certainly help minimize risk for the vulnerable it wont to protect anyone from new strains, so there is always risk

Saying that, based on all the data out there is not real any risk for healthy adults with or without a vaccine. That's why the union support a return.
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,333

Post#300 » by Mikistan » Wed Jul 8, 2020 12:35 am

refshateRaps wrote:
Tacoma wrote:
OAKLEY_2 wrote:

Even then while the vaccine will certainly help minimize risk for the vulnerable it wont to protect anyone from new strains, so there is always risk

Saying that, based on all the data out there is not real any risk for healthy adults with or without a vaccine. That's why the union support a return.

There are report for healthy adults having impact to their sense of smell, tingling, lung capacity and on top of that, reports of people potentially contracting Covid again a second time with even worse impacts the second time.

There is a risk, and saying "there isn't really any risk" is a propaganda type comment.

You are saying there is a risk in a way that makes it seem like there is no risk to make one outcome seem more reasonable and its bull

Return to Toronto Raptors