Bol Bol

Moderator: THE J0KER

theman
RealGM
And1: 1,405

Re: Bol Bol 

Post#101 » by theman » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:25 pm

In the D-League per 36 Minutes Bol is averaging:

22.5 pts, 10.5 rebs, 4.2 blks and 36.4 fantasy points (whatever those are).

FG% 57.7% FT% 100% 3pt% 36.4%

I'd like to see him be more aggressive, I believe that was one of the knocks on him coming out of college.
"Christmas is for cops and kids" - Whitey Bulger
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#102 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:28 pm

theman wrote:In the D-League per 36 Minutes Bol is averaging:

I'd like to see him be more aggressive, I believe that was one of the knocks on him coming out of college.

:dontknow: I think "fantasy points" are like what men use when they talk about how big their fish was or maybe some other things they might describe. :lol:

But Bol sure seems to be doing well. I'm beginning to believe he will never be a center, but he might make a decent stretch-4 except for maybe his mobility. He seems fairly intelligent on playing back off the shorter players when they are outside and he closes fairly fast.
DaFan334
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,327

Post#103 » by DaFan334 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:40 am

NuggetsWY wrote:

:dontknow: I think "fantasy points" are like what men use when they talk about how big their fish was or maybe some other things they might describe. :lol:

But Bol sure seems to be doing well. I'm beginning to believe he will never be a center, but he might make a decent stretch-4 except for maybe his mobility. He seems fairly intelligent on playing back off the shorter players when they are outside and he closes fairly fast.

He potentially could be a perfect fit next to Jokic.
Mac1958
Pro Prospect
And1: 331

Post#104 » by Mac1958 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:48 pm

DaFan334 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:

He potentially could be a perfect fit next to Jokic.

A Jokic/Bol/Porter Jr front line would be interesting as hell.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Post#105 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:15 pm

Plumlee out 2-4 weeks, have to think we'll recall Bol to help fortify the position. I can see Grant seeing some minutes at C, perhaps even Vanderbilt but they still need coverage at PF with Millsap out.

What a terrible string of injuries but will our depth be able to help us withstand them all ? Will this give us a better look at all those players that who don't get regular minutes ? Who will shine, who will fall ? Will Malone go crazy ?

Stay tuned to this Altitude channel for further developments...
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#106 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:35 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Plumlee out 2-4 weeks, have to think we'll recall Bol to help fortify the position. I can see Grant seeing some minutes at C, perhaps even Vanderbilt but they still need coverage at PF with Millsap out.

What a terrible string of injuries but will our depth be able to help us withstand them all ? Will this give us a better look at all those players that who don't get regular minutes ? Who will shine, who will fall ? Will Malone go crazy ?

Stay tuned to this Altitude channel for further developments...

:wavefinger: No Altitude Here :talkhand:
:rockon:
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#107 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:13 pm

When the season restarts, no doubt Bol will be on the roster. Anyone believe he'll get much playing time? 3rd string center? 3rd or 4th string center?
skywalker33

Post#108 » by skywalker33 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:05 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:When the season restarts, no doubt Bol will be on the roster. Anyone believe he'll get much playing time? 3rd string center? 3rd or 4th string center?

Unless Bol has added show serious weight/muscle like Ben Simmons did, I doubt we'll see him in anything more than garbage time. I'd personally like him to get some minutes but Malone has a bit more say than I do.

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#109 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:44 pm

psimanic1 wrote:Didn't know where to put it, but as this one has posts from today, I thought it would be nice to show you guys this, if you didn't already see it.

We have a thread that has a bunch of threads - one is for Jokic. Could you please repost there?

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1891242
skywalker33

Post#110 » by skywalker33 » Fri Jul 3, 2020 12:39 am

Athletic much ??

Read on Twitter

skywalker33

Post#111 » by skywalker33 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:38 am

Bol Bol update

"Bol Bol continues to develop his game in the G League with the Windy City Bulls. In the eight games he has played in this season (averaging 19.2 minutes per contest), Bol has averaged 12 points, 5.6 rebounds and 2.3 blocks per game.

Translated to per-36 minutes and those averages jump to 22.5 points, 10.5 rebounds and 4.2 blocks per game, highlighting how impactful Bol has been in his playing time. When it comes to his skill set, Bol hasn’t been tasked with spacing the floor very often, but he has connected on 36.4 percent of his 3-pointers this season and has showcased a soft touch both in-and-outside of the arc.

However, Bol’s athleticism has been on full display on both ends of the floor. His ability to get to the rim and shoot over smaller defenders on offense has been key to his production, while his length and verticality is a big factor when defending the rim.

Given his unique skill set, expect plenty of more eye-opening highlights from Bol as he continues to strengthen his frame and sharpen his skills in the G League."

TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,760

Post#112 » by TunaFish » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:38 am

skywalker33 wrote:Bol Bol update

"Bol Bol continues to develop his game in the G League with the Windy City Bulls. In the eight games he has played in this season (averaging 19.2 minutes per contest), Bol has averaged 12 points, 5.6 rebounds and 2.3 blocks per game.

Translated to per-36 minutes and those averages jump to 22.5 points, 10.5 rebounds and 4.2 blocks per game, highlighting how impactful Bol has been in his playing time. When it comes to his skill set, Bol hasn’t been tasked with spacing the floor very often, but he has connected on 36.4 percent of his 3-pointers this season and has showcased a soft touch both in-and-outside of the arc.

However, Bol’s athleticism has been on full display on both ends of the floor. His ability to get to the rim and shoot over smaller defenders on offense has been key to his production, while his length and verticality is a big factor when defending the rim.

Given his unique skill set, expect plenty of more eye-opening highlights from Bol as he continues to strengthen his frame and sharpen his skills in the G League."

You think we will get a chance to see him play soon? Nuggets look too deep this season to let him come off the bench but I would love to see him.
Canned in Denver.
skywalker33

Post#113 » by skywalker33 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:45 am

TunaFish wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Bol Bol update

You think we will get a chance to see him play soon? Nuggets look too deep this season to let him come off the bench but I would love to see him.

No, don't think we'll see him in the restart/playoffs unless COVID hits us hard (even then will he be allowed ? ). However I'd like/hope he gets an opportunity with training camp in NOV if his foot/core are ready for some NBA play. He did seem to work out in the G-league, but Malone needs to take a closer look at this guy PRONTO !!

skywalker33

Post#114 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:54 pm

New article, worth a read.....and is it possible I may have been wrong ??

https://www.denverstiffs.com/2020/7/14/21323628/bol-bol-nba-bubble-nuggets-orlando

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#115 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:05 pm

skywalker33 wrote:New article, worth a read.....and is it possible I may have been wrong ??

https://www.denverstiffs.com/2020/7/14/21323628/bol-bol-nba-bubble-nuggets-orlando

Malone has never played young players much. He plays to win the season. He plays to win every game. He plays to win every quarter. He plays to win every play. He's so intense. On the other hand, he's never been in this situation (and nobody else has either).

With that said, Bol is behind Jokic & Plumlee at center and Millsap & Grant at PF. But it could be that he gets a few minutes ahead of Cooke and Cancar since he just might be a more significant player - if he lives up to the hype or even close.

This will be interesting. Does Malone play Grant more than Millsap? Grant is probably more of our future. Does Malone play Porter more than Barton at SF (with Barton playing more SG)?

If I were a gambling man and considering the potential rotation for the next 8 games and the playoffs. I think I'd place my money on Elmer's plow horse at Santa Anita Park
skywalker33

Post#116 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:30 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:New article, worth a read.....and is it possible I may have been wrong ??

Malone has never played young players much. He plays to win the season. He plays to win every game. He plays to win every quarter. He plays to win every play. He's so intense. On the other hand, he's never been in this situation (and nobody else has either).

With that said, Bol is behind Jokic & Plumlee at center and Millsap & Grant at PF. But it could be that he gets a few minutes ahead of Cooke and Cancar since he just might be a more significant player - if he lives up to the hype or even close.

This will be interesting. Does Malone play Grant more than Millsap? Grant is probably more of our future. Does Malone play Porter more than Barton at SF (with Barton playing more SG)?

If I were a gambling man and considering the potential rotation for the next 8 games and the playoffs. I think I'd place my money on Elmer's plow horse at Santa Anita Park

Nice of you to join the conversation WY, thought Tuna and I were running the show !!

Guess we'll also get to see how much Malone backs up his words, I swear he said he was going to play MPJ during the playoffs and here he's praising Bol Bol's talent as if he's generational, is he a Man of his Word ??

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#117 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:58 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:

Nice of you to join the conversation WY, thought Tuna and I were running the show !!

Guess we'll also get to see how much Malone backs up his words, I swear he said he was going to play MPJ during the playoffs and here he's praising Bol Bol's talent as if he's generational, is he a Man of his Word ??

Thanks - life's been busy for me. Social isolation has increased the demand on my time. Besides, I seem to comment on everything LOL sooner or later.
skywalker33

Post#118 » by skywalker33 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:05 am

Report from Orlando mentioned that Bol was practicing, get this, at the SF position. How about a starting from line of:

6-11 PF Michael Porter Jr 7-0 C Nikola Jokic 7-2 SF Bol Bol ???

Got Size AND Shooting ability ??

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#119 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:02 am

skywalker33 wrote:Report from Orlando mentioned that Bol was practicing, get this, at the SF position. How about a starting from line of:

Well, if ...
PG - Jokic --- 7'
SG - Porter - 6'11"
SF - Bol ----- 7'2"
PF - Grant -- 6'9"
C -- Plumlee - 6'11"

Grant & Bol are both best when working the corners and baseline
Jokic at the high post
Porter roaming wherever he can get open
Plumlee flashing down low and setting picks for everyone else

On defense, they could switch on every pick.
Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,530

Post#120 » by Alatan » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:43 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Report from Orlando mentioned that Bol was practicing, get this, at the SF position. How about a starting from line of:

Well, if ...
PG - Jokic --- 7'
SG - Porter - 6'11"
SF - Bol ----- 7'2"
PF - Grant -- 6'9"
C -- Plumlee - 6'11"

Grant & Bol are both best when working the corners and baseline
Jokic at the high post
Porter roaming wherever he can get open
Plumlee flashing down low and setting picks for everyone else

On defense, they could switch on every pick.

This would be a fun experiment. The guys would be beaten on the perimeter on every drive but if we made it a strategy to deny 3s and funnel everyone into a shot blocker it could be interesting. Due to their wingspans our guys would also have the ability to block shots from behind when recovering after they have been driven by on the perimeter. Something that Kawhi does really well.
We would make every one a mid range shooter and if they hesitate to shoot the 2 their shot might get swatted from behind.

Return to Denver Nuggets