ImageImageImageImageImage

2nd Bubble in Chicago in the works for September - for 8 non playoff teams (knicks)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Re: 2nd Bubble in Chicago in the works for September - for 8 non playoff teams (knicks) 

Post#21 » by knickstape4ever » Thu Jul 2, 2020 11:04 pm

I dont mind this at all; it'll give the new coaching staff a structured environment to work w/ players young players to see what they got, and give them a jumpstart on next season

I'd like to see some sort of a summer league (or fall league) so that the rookies we draft get some work in too
Infinitimind
Senior
And1: 398

Re: 2nd Bubble in Chicago in the works for September - for 8 non playoff teams (knicks) 

Post#22 » by Infinitimind » Fri Jul 3, 2020 12:22 am

Kampuchea wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

These scrimmages are more for the teams developing young talent, we don't need to waste our time.

What?’we will have a new head coach, new system, perfect for us to get a chance to get a head start. Plus Leon was sure about some of the youth on our team, perfect time to see what he has in them , especially Knox. We need every opportunity to develop the kids
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,404

Post#23 » by robillionaire » Fri Jul 3, 2020 12:32 am

Infinitimind wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

These scrimmages are more for the teams developing young talent, we don't need to waste our time.

What?’we will have a new head coach, new system, perfect for us to get a chance to get a head start. Plus Leon was sure about some of the youth on our team, perfect time to see what he has in them , especially Knox. We need every opportunity to develop the kids

It was sarcasm
Synciere
Head Coach
And1: 4,485

Post#24 » by Synciere » Fri Jul 3, 2020 12:58 am

Clyde_Style wrote:Stephen King is working on a third bubble to enclose the continental United States

That wasn’t a terrible book.
Synciere
Head Coach

Re: 2nd Bubble in Chicago in the works for September 

Post#25 » by Synciere » Fri Jul 3, 2020 1:02 am

Richard4444 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:are you telling me i get more RJ, Mitch, and Frank????

And much more Randle, Payton, Wayne and Portis!!!

Those guys could be free agents. No reason for them to play at all..
Jay10
RealGM
And1: 11,905

Post#26 » by Jay10 » Fri Jul 3, 2020 1:11 am

god shammgod wrote:
Jay10 wrote:Dolan can easily have the new coach hold practice on MSG Networks in MSG, since there is nothing to gain by sending his team to Chicago. :lol:

I don't know if the other team owners have their equivalent of MSG Network.

he doesn't need them to play at all. the rest of these teams need to get to 70 games to fulfill their contract. his contract is with himself.

I know i was just saying the other teams may be desperate but Dolan has his own network if he wanted to provide an outlet for his team, without feeling like he's forced to fulfill a contract.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,583

Post#27 » by mpharris36 » Fri Jul 3, 2020 1:27 am

Richard4444 wrote:

there being told to sit there ass home! :lol:
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,902

Post#28 » by DaGawd » Fri Jul 3, 2020 1:46 am

The kids are all being shipped for Devin Booker and Cp3... That's why they don't wanna participate
BaF
Washington Wizards
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 7,884

Post#29 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Fri Jul 3, 2020 3:15 am

Synciere wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:Stephen King is working on a third bubble to enclose the continental United States

Are we talking thinny’s from the Dark tower here?
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,977

Post#30 » by Fury » Fri Jul 3, 2020 3:43 am

Nope. More Payton and Randle
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#31 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Fri Jul 3, 2020 4:06 am

mpharris36 wrote:
Richard4444 wrote:

Right. So the Knicks absolutely do not need this. I don't know if other teams could benefit, the Knicks can't. Ever.

(1) Summer league is a destructive farce

and

(2) There are only 6/7 players on the team without drafting in G-leaguers. Randle, Frank, Dennis, RJ, Kev and Iggy (+ Mitch which is a no brain team option pick up - but even he might not want to play - **** knows he makes so little per game compared to the rest of them). (See point (1).) *

* I still have no information on the deadlines for those contracts that would need to be picked up or let go again. Anyone? And what happened to deals expiring on 30 June? And whytf would you play if you were one of those players unless you were guaranteed to be re-employed?
Synciere
Head Coach

Post#32 » by Synciere » Fri Jul 3, 2020 4:15 am

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
Synciere wrote:

Are we talking thinny’s from the Dark tower here?

No, kings under the dome.
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#33 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Fri Jul 3, 2020 2:09 pm

B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Richard4444 wrote:

Right. So the Knicks absolutely do not need this. I don't know if other teams could benefit, the Knicks can't. Ever.

(1) Summer league is a destructive farce

and

(2) There are only 6/7 players on the team without drafting in G-leaguers. Randle, Frank, Dennis, RJ, Kev and Iggy (+ Mitch which is a no brain team option pick up - but even he might not want to play - **** knows he makes so little per game compared to the rest of them). (See point (1).) *

* I still have no information on the deadlines for those contracts that would need to be picked up or let go again. Anyone? And what happened to deals expiring on 30 June? And whytf would you play if you were one of those players unless you were guaranteed to be re-employed?

Just to partially answer myself. I've read (piecing together various sources - no guarantees).

The draft is scheduled for 16th October.

It seems that the team options on the one year players (Reggie Bullock, Taj Gibson, Wayne Ellington, Elfrid Payton, Bobby Portis) must be decided by 3pm on October 17th

Start of free agency is scheduled for 18th October.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#34 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Jul 3, 2020 4:51 pm

robillionaire wrote:these just sound like glorified scrimmages, I doubt this will even be televised or anything

I don't see why MSG wouldn't want to televise it.

If they are going to play I like the idea of the eliminated teams also playing. It's too long to go without playing.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,988

Post#35 » by Richard4444 » Fri Jul 3, 2020 5:09 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
robillionaire wrote:these just sound like glorified scrimmages, I doubt this will even be televised or anything

I don't see why MSG wouldn't want to televise it.

If they are going to play I like the idea of the eliminated teams also playing. It's too long to go without playing.

Is the Front Office really against a tournament?

Perhaps they are sold to modify 80%+ of the roster and see no point in give floor time to this team.

Anyway, I think it would be good to showcase the players in this tournament. We could up the value of some players (Randle and Dennis, especially) or find some good valuable players to keep among the youngers.

Is it remotely possible they dont want to participate in this tournament because it would be bad PR "firing" Portis, Payton, Wayne, Bullock and Taj before the right time?
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,821

Post#36 » by spree2kawhi » Sat Jul 4, 2020 5:34 am

I notice how I don't even want to see this sht show anymore.
Dantares
Head Coach
And1: 2,754

Post#37 » by Dantares » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:07 pm

Read on Twitter
"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#38 » by HEZI » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:11 pm

I've heard the term "Delete 8" in reference to this tournament

LMAO that just sounds so disrespectful
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
Dantares
Head Coach
And1: 2,754

Post#39 » by Dantares » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:31 pm

does anyone have league pass? for those that do are they showing the scrimmage games for the other 22 teams on league pass? i read earlier from somewhere that the 2nd bubble would be a 1 week of training camp then 2 weeks of games.

Maybe we get 2-3 scrimmages and 4 exhibition games. I have league pass so I hope we get all the scrimmages and games.
"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

Return to New York Knicks