ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Regular Season Thread Vol. Iggy

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,298

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread Vol. Iggy 

Post#1381 » by Wiltside » Wed Jul 1, 2020 11:13 pm

BenoUdrihFTL wrote:He seems to have an ideal offensive game but I'm just wondering why he went undrafted then bounced around 5 different teams all before his 25th birthday. I guess it only matters relative to the kind of contract he'd be looking for but if I'm the Heat I'd definitely want to find some answers to those questions before investing anything significant. Don't think Spo could handle another Whiteside situation lol

My memory is there may have been some maturity issues, but I'm not 100% sure on that. As we've seen before, sometimes it's just about being in the right situation at the right time. Detroit needed someone to step up, and he did that in spades.

He's certainly an intriguing piece. In the end, the 2021 dream will probably mean we steer clear unless we go for a big 1yr deal, but even then, it doesn't help us with bird rights the following off-season regardless.

Unless he can be had for cheap, can't see it happening - despite the fact he's basically what we need in a PF next to Bam.

The other one worth monitoring is Lauri Markkanen. He certainly had a down year this year in a pretty dysfunctional Bulls team, but he has a lot of the tools that would fit next to Bam too. Defensively, he's not the player Wood is, but offers superior range.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
Trapstar3
Junior
And1: 1,457

Post#1382 » by Trapstar3 » Fri Jul 3, 2020 11:52 am

HerroBalls wrote:
Trapstar3 wrote:Is there info on the amount of basketball courts that will be in the bubble? Like how many practice courts and how many for the games?

knowing the facility, they usually have about 12-16 courts set up for AAU tournaments.

First thing to know is they have 2 giant gyms just beyond the disney looking entrance that is about a 15-30 second walk between the 2.

Once inside each, imagine a rectangle that is one giant court with stands. They can push the bleachers up and put the tarps up to split it once long way down the middle - and then have 3-4 columns separating the different courts (so 2 rows - 3-4 courts in each .... not sure if this made sense)

I assume they will have to use NBA regulation sized courts which means they will have 2 max at a time. That makes me think it will be tough to have shootaround.

However I could see 2 options:

1 - building a practice facility ala what MJ did during space jam
2 - is there maybe a basketball court in one of the hotels?

However pre-game and on off days, you can probably have every playoff team practice at the same time (ignoring the possible ramifications of sound)

They also play an early season college tournament there, so they definitely have the framework.

Thanks for the info! I saw on Twitter that our Vice court made it to Disney to use for our practise, from the looks of it all the teams will probably have their courts side by side

twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,027

Post#1383 » by twix2500 » Fri Jul 3, 2020 4:12 pm

Trapstar3 wrote:
HerroBalls wrote:
Trapstar3 wrote:Is there info on the amount of basketball courts that will be in the bubble? Like how many practice courts and how many for the games?

knowing the facility, they usually have about 12-16 courts set up for AAU tournaments.

First thing to know is they have 2 giant gyms just beyond the disney looking entrance that is about a 15-30 second walk between the 2.

Once inside each, imagine a rectangle that is one giant court with stands. They can push the bleachers up and put the tarps up to split it once long way down the middle - and then have 3-4 columns separating the different courts (so 2 rows - 3-4 courts in each .... not sure if this made sense)

I assume they will have to use NBA regulation sized courts which means they will have 2 max at a time. That makes me think it will be tough to have shootaround.

However pre-game and on off days, you can probably have every playoff team practice at the same time (ignoring the possible ramifications of sound)

They also play an early season college tournament there, so they definitely have the framework.

Thanks for the info! I saw on Twitter that our Vice court made it to Disney to use for our practise, from the looks of it all the teams will probably have their courts side by side

If you are a Hooper, this would be intriging. Different depth and atmosphere may bother a players game.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
BFRESH44
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 10,814

Post#1384 » by BFRESH44 » Fri Jul 3, 2020 4:17 pm

Really like our chances to come out the East in this bubble ****.
Trapstar3
Junior
And1: 1,457

Post#1385 » by Trapstar3 » Fri Jul 3, 2020 4:20 pm

twix2500 wrote:
Trapstar3 wrote:
HerroBalls wrote:

If you are a Hooper, this would be intriging. Different depth and atmosphere may bother a players game.

I'm pretty sure they won't play the games there, but they might practice side by side.

Maybe they set up a net around each court so that there is low visibility from opposing teams.
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#1386 » by HeatIn5 » Fri Jul 3, 2020 5:38 pm

Trapstar3 wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
Trapstar3 wrote:

I'm pretty sure they won't play the games there, but they might practice side by side.

Maybe they set up a net around each court so that there is low visibility from opposing teams.

If anything we will practice from like 9-11, they'll wipe it down and Indiana will practice from 12-2
Read on Twitter
al bondiga
Starter
And1: 2,716

Post#1387 » by al bondiga » Fri Jul 3, 2020 6:21 pm

BFRESH44 wrote:Really like our chances to come out the East in this bubble ****.
I think in this case youth is going to be very positive speciality in our emotional state, but I'm starting to see a trend that I don't like ...too many players with positive covid acasis...suspension?
SoFlaKingReal
Veteran
And1: 4,756

Post#1388 » by SoFlaKingReal » Fri Jul 3, 2020 6:43 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#1389 » by IggieCC » Fri Jul 3, 2020 9:55 pm

al bondiga wrote:
BFRESH44 wrote:Really like our chances to come out the East in this bubble ****.
I think in this case youth is going to be very positive speciality in our emotional state, but I'm starting to see a trend that I don't like ...too many players with positive covid acasis...suspension?

There won't be any more suspensions. They are going to either phuck it we'll do it live or call it a season.

I'd call it 50/50 RN but I won't be holding my breath. COVID has disappointed enough this year already.
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,750

Post#1390 » by QUIZ » Sat Jul 4, 2020 12:18 am

I miss you guys. :(
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,746

Post#1391 » by eddieheatfan » Sat Jul 4, 2020 12:48 am

SoFlaKingReal wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20
i'm starting to think that people should still temper their expectations for the resumption of this season we are 3 weeks away from starting over again and many things can happen.the fact that the heat has closed their facilities because of corona may be telling the way this will likely go.i suspect that more players are going to be found to be positive and that the big stars could change their minds in to committing this year because of this and we could end up with a cancelled season or a gimped one without stars
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#1392 » by HeatIn5 » Sat Jul 4, 2020 2:26 am

QUIZ wrote:I miss you guys. :(

Read on Twitter
BaffLer
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,348

Post#1393 » by BaffLer » Sat Jul 4, 2020 8:17 am

yo
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,433

Post#1394 » by gom » Sat Jul 4, 2020 8:47 pm

I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Majestic7
Starter
And1: 8,501

Post#1395 » by Majestic7 » Sat Jul 4, 2020 9:40 pm

QUIZ wrote:I miss you guys. :(

Hi. :wave:

Miss you guys too! Can't believe I've been away from here so long.

I need some live Heat basketball.

Spoiler:
al bondiga
Starter
And1: 2,716

Post#1396 » by al bondiga » Tue Jul 7, 2020 9:51 pm

IggieCC wrote:
al bondiga wrote:

There won't be any more suspensions. They are going to either phuck it we'll do it live or call it a season.

I'd call it 50/50 RN but I won't be holding my breath. COVID has disappointed enough this year already.
I'm almost sure they're going to end up going straight to playoffs and call it a day
Shaq_Diesel
Senior
And1: 105

Post#1397 » by Shaq_Diesel » Tue Jul 7, 2020 10:57 pm

Apparently it's Bam and Nunn....I don't think any of the local guys will break the Heat's trust and report it, but it'll take a national guy to report it. I hope what I heard is wrong but if not - hopefully they recover quickly and are ready to play in a few weeks.
Formerly known as Caron_Butler, Shaq_Diesel...lifelong Heat fan. GO HEAT!
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,298

Post#1398 » by Wiltside » Tue Jul 7, 2020 11:11 pm

Shaq_Diesel wrote:

Apparently it's Bam and Nunn....I don't think any of the local guys will break the Heat's trust and report it, but it'll take a national guy to report it. I hope what I heard is wrong but if not - hopefully they recover quickly and are ready to play in a few weeks.

Given your connections S-D, I'm inclined to agree with you.

Can't afford to lose Bam and expect to give this thing a shake. Hopefully they're both getting really good care and will be healthy in the next couple weeks, same with DJJ.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
Shaq_Diesel
Senior
And1: 105

Post#1399 » by Shaq_Diesel » Tue Jul 7, 2020 11:20 pm

Wiltside wrote:
Shaq_Diesel wrote:

Given your connections S-D, I'm inclined to agree with you.

Can't afford to lose Bam and expect to give this thing a shake. Hopefully they're both getting really good care and will be healthy in the next couple weeks, same with DJJ.

I hope I'm wrong - but I think some people are just assuming these guys test positive, 2 weeks passes, and they're back to normal. That's just not the case unfortunately for whomever the two players are. But for basketball, the only pair that could be worse would be Jimmy and Bam.

After all these years, I still have "connections" LOL! I'm going to try to post and be active more. I don't really have the insight that I might have used to share, but still love the Heat.
Formerly known as Caron_Butler, Shaq_Diesel...lifelong Heat fan. GO HEAT!
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,433

Post#1400 » by gom » Tue Jul 7, 2020 11:31 pm

No matter who goes down it's next man up. The other teams will take hits too, and we have so much depth.

Speaking of which, I wonder if Meyers Leonard's ankle has recovered. We need him too.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^

Return to Miami Heat