ImageImageImage

Around the NBA streets Vol. 5: ONE MORE TIME

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Re: Around the NBA streets Vol. 5: ONE MORE TIME 

Post#941 » by HeatFanLifer » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:15 am

gom wrote:If Americans would have done social distancing properly in March, we would have had few casualties, few job losses, less disruption to the economy, a short delay to our sports leagues... Instead we have a bucket of slop and people dismissing the risks. I said the same thing to Brazilians back in March. They laughed at me then. It's real funny. Sure.

At the end of the day, it was a perfect storm that caused this. Under prepared institutions, multiple ports of entry for the virus, lack of political will to completely shut down the country like China did, lengthy incubation period, lack of information about the virus, asymptomatic transmission, and yes some people not caring about getting the virus (i.e. “if I get corona I get corona” pos). Social distancing in March could have flattened the curve sooner, but it was only one aspect of multiple factors that caused this.

Hopefully we as a society can learn from this and prevent it from happening again. That is what the experiment of representative government through democratic elections is supposed to produce anyway. Accountability. I am hopeful we have all learned from this. Especially Iggie, who should never start the season again.
OP for NBA FT record
Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,784

Post#942 » by Mos_Heat » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:25 am

Don't really buy that these guys care much about safety aspect of the bubble, tbh. Some guys might be scared of muscle/tendon injuries, but I doubt covid is their top concern
:reporter:
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,750

Post#943 » by QUIZ » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:01 pm

QUIZ wrote:As long as LeBron is still in favor of resuming play the season will resume.

Read on Twitter

Pretty much what I said.
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
insfo
General Manager
And1: 10,874

Post#944 » by insfo » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:53 am

Yeah, might be his last chance at another ring. The #TeamPetty in me wants the season cancelled, while the NBA fan in me wants a chance to see basketball. Torn!! :lol:
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,122

Post#945 » by GopherIt! » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:43 am

gom wrote:If American, okc based heat forum mods would have done social distancing properly in March, we would have had few casualties, few job losses, less disruption to the economy, a short delay to our sports leagues... Instead we have a bucket of slop and people dismissing the risks. I said the same thing to Brazilians back in March. They laughed at me then. It's real funny. Sure.

agree 100% Gom
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,122

Post#946 » by GopherIt! » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:55 am

got to the border of Chaz. its looks kinda like how i’d mentally picture RGM without mods, just a wasteland ruled by a nefarious warlord (iggie) hunting for donations (and1s) from visitors and common folk.
insfo
General Manager
And1: 10,874

Post#947 » by insfo » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:37 am

GopherIt! wrote:got to the border of Chaz. its looks kinda like how i’d mentally picture RGM without mods, just a wasteland ruled by a nefarious warlord (iggie) hunting for donations (and1s) from visitors and common folk.

You do realize Iggie is a mod right? :lol:
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#948 » by HeatFanLifer » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:28 am

insfo wrote:
GopherIt! wrote:got to the border of Chaz. its looks kinda like how i’d mentally picture RGM without mods, just a wasteland ruled by a nefarious warlord (iggie) hunting for donations (and1s) from visitors and common folk.

You do realize Iggie is a mod right? :lol:

Should have hit me up breh. Would have given you the tour. Not of Chaz, that place is :o ... but there’s plenty of other things to see in Seattle. Such as the “you are now leaving Seattle sign” and overpriced beer.
OP for NBA FT record
Mos_Heat
RealGM

Post#949 » by Mos_Heat » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:56 pm

Mos_Heat wrote:Don't really buy that these guys care much about safety aspect of the bubble, tbh. Some guys might be scared of muscle/tendon injuries, but I doubt covid is their top concern

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/258582/Many-NBA-Players-Dont-Appear-To-Have-Huge-Fear-Of-COVID-19

QUIZ wrote:Pretty much what I said.
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#950 » by QUIZ » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:13 pm

Mos_Heat wrote:
Mos_Heat wrote:Don't really buy that these guys care much about safety aspect of the bubble, tbh. Some guys might be scared of muscle/tendon injuries, but I doubt covid is their top concern

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/258582/Many-NBA-Players-Dont-Appear-To-Have-Huge-Fear-Of-COVID-19

This makes perfect sense. NBA players are a tight knit circle. Undoubtedly I’m sure players are calling up those who test positive and asking how it is. When pretty much every player but Gobert (who had mild symptoms) has been pretty much Asymptomatic it makes sense why they wouldn’t be afraid.

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
Mos_Heat
RealGM

Post#951 » by Mos_Heat » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:22 pm

QUIZ wrote:
Mos_Heat wrote:

This makes perfect sense. NBA players are a tight knit circle. Undoubtedly I’m sure players are calling up those who test positive and asking how it is. When pretty much every player but Gobert (who had mild symptoms) has been pretty much Asymptomatic it makes sense why they wouldn’t be afraid.

Eh, sounds like survivorship bias tbh. First of, asymptomatic doesn't mean no temporary demage in the lungs. I know that a couple of soccer players had pretty serious pneumonias. It's not really life/carrier threatening, but you could lose a couple of months with covid.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,191

Post#952 » by Bishop45 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:39 pm

Mos_Heat wrote:
QUIZ wrote:

Eh, sounds like survivorship bias tbh. First of, asymptomatic doesn't mean no temporary demage in the lungs. I know that a couple of soccer players had pretty serious pneumonias. It's not really life/carrier threatening, but you could lose a couple of months with covid.

Kinda scary knowing that they'll play without knowing all the potential effects. Gobear still having some sense of smell issues his self
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Mos_Heat
RealGM

Post#953 » by Mos_Heat » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:04 pm

Bishop45 wrote:
Mos_Heat wrote:
QUIZ wrote:This makes perfect sense. NBA players are a tight knit circle. Undoubtedly I’m sure players are calling up those who test positive and asking how it is. When pretty much every player but Gobert (who had mild symptoms) has been pretty much Asymptomatic it makes sense why they wouldn’t be afraid.

Kinda scary knowing that they'll play without knowing all the potential effects. Gobear still having some sense of smell issues his self

TBF average american/world citizen in a much worse potition than those guys.

Hopefully, there would be less transmition in the bubble
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#954 » by QUIZ » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:14 pm

Mos_Heat wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
Mos_Heat wrote:Eh, sounds like survivorship bias tbh. First of, asymptomatic doesn't mean no temporary demage in the lungs. I know that a couple of soccer players had pretty serious pneumonias. It's not really life/carrier threatening, but you could lose a couple of months with covid.

TBF average american/world citizen in a much worse potition than those guys.

Hopefully, there would be less transmition in the bubble

If it's any consolation the UFC must have put up well over a hundred fights at this point and there have been no serious transmission issues. While MMA is obviously a smaller 1v1 sport the training definitely isn't. All of the fighters who are showing up are setting up their own training camps, likely training with many other guys with no testing on their end. So hopefully the NBA with all of their money and precautions will do well.

dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,094

Post#955 » by dolphinatik » Fri Jul 3, 2020 1:46 pm

My Gosh why didnt we keep this kid
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#956 » by HeatIn5 » Fri Jul 3, 2020 6:38 pm

dolphinatik wrote:

wait, what? he's not on our team?
Read on Twitter
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#957 » by puppa bear » Sat Jul 4, 2020 2:27 am

Lillard & Zion get a 2k20 cover - will the curse continue? Who gets traded, or changes teams?
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#958 » by HeatIn5 » Sat Jul 4, 2020 2:29 am

puppa bear wrote:Lillard & Zion get a 2k20 cover - will the curse continue? Who gets traded, or changes teams?

I'd give Nunn, Kelly and a 1st for Lillard.... they in?

Read on Twitter
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,616

Post#959 » by KingDavid » Mon Jul 6, 2020 11:02 am

dolphinatik wrote:

Not very confident he can pull those moves off successfully against NBA players. He looks like he tries to move like KD but his shot and gather are too slow for that and his handles are waaaaaay too narrow.

For kd, it starts with his hesitation dribble. Kd makes use of his length by dribbling the ball far in one direction and planting his legs to go that direction and baits defenders to turn their hips. If they don't turn, he has a straight lane to the basket. The moment they do turn, he bursts off the planted leg and shifts momentum in the other direction and crosses over and now he's WIDE open to do whatever he wants in that brief moment. Kd is dangerous once he does a crossover because he can shoot right after the cross, drive, or do a variety of escape dribbles to get the defender to whiff again after trying to over-recover from the initial crossover.

#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,191

Post#960 » by Bishop45 » Mon Jul 6, 2020 6:02 pm

Rook ain't neva took a L

Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine

Return to Miami Heat