ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back)

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,688

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#1441 » by basketballRob » Sat Jul 4, 2020 3:13 am

Coxy wrote:
basketballRob wrote:Aaron Gordon and the 15 pick for the traded player exception and the possible 1st pick.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app

Nope.

Counter - Gordon absorbed with our TPE + a 2nd rounder.
No way. I just proposed the trade because I see someone reported the Warriors had interest in trading the first and TPE for AG.

I think Minnesota with James Johnson and first, or the Suns with Oubre and first are options too.

They probably don't trade him anyway, he's our best on the ball defender. With Kawhi, Giannis, and Lebron you need someone who makes them work.

Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,239

Post#1442 » by Onus » Sat Jul 4, 2020 3:42 pm

basketballRob wrote:
Coxy wrote:
basketballRob wrote:Aaron Gordon and the 15 pick for the traded player exception and the possible 1st pick.

Nope.

No way. I just proposed the trade because I see someone reported the Warriors had interest in traded the first and TPE for AG.

I think Minnesota with James Johnson and first, or the Suns with Oubre and first are options too.

They probably don't trade him anyway, he's our best on the ball defender. With Kawhi, Giannis, and Lebron you need someone who makes them work.

I do feel like Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Gordon, Green is the best 5 in the league. Add in Chriss, Looney, Pascal, 15th pick hopefully a wing and a big body fa. That’s a title contender. Gordon most likely comes off the bench so I don’t know how he’d take that. Would also wish if Wiggins or Gordon could shoot a bit better so it’s not the most ideal fit.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#1443 » by basketballRob » Sat Jul 4, 2020 7:41 pm

Onus wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Nope.

No way. I just proposed the trade because I see someone reported the Warriors had interest in traded the first and TPE for AG.

I do feel like Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Gordon, Green is the best 5 in the league. Add in Chriss, Looney, Pascal, 15th pick hopefully a wing and a big body fa. That’s a title contender. Gordon most likely comes off the bench so I don’t know how he’d take that. Would also wish if Wiggins or Gordon could shoot a bit better so it’s not the most ideal fit.
AG would be in allstar in Golden State. It would be hard to keep him on the bench.

wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,202

Post#1444 » by wco81 » Sat Jul 4, 2020 8:43 pm

AG is not worth a top 5 pick though.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#1445 » by xdrta+ » Sat Jul 4, 2020 9:30 pm

wco81 wrote:AG is not worth a top 5 pick though.

I agree. And I don't know why people are talking about him for the TE since he makes over $18M next year.
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#1446 » by basketballRob » Sat Jul 4, 2020 10:18 pm

wco81 wrote:AG is not worth a top 5 pick though.
My guess is it would be AG and the 15 or 16 pick. We've been looking at Nesmith and Kira Lewis. Other interesting guys you may be interested in is Daniel Oturu and Jalen Smith.

No way our front office would bring in 3 rookies, that includes Okeke. They've said before they wouldn't do that to a coach.

wco81
RealGM

Post#1447 » by wco81 » Sat Jul 4, 2020 10:28 pm

maybe if the Warriors get the #5 as opposed to one of the top 3 picks ...
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#1448 » by xdrta+ » Sat Jul 4, 2020 10:47 pm

What salary are you guys sending out for Gordon? Because to cover Gordon's $18M salary you'd have to send out about $14.5M.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#1449 » by Little Digger » Sat Jul 4, 2020 11:00 pm

wco81 wrote:maybe if the Warriors get the #5 as opposed to one of the top 3 picks ...
probably the warriors get the #5 as opposed to one of the top 3 picks...
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#1450 » by basketballRob » Sat Jul 4, 2020 11:02 pm

xdrta+ wrote:What salary are you guys sending out for Gordon? Because to cover Gordon's $18M salary you'd have to send out about $14.5M.
Your tpe is 17.1 and AG makes 18.1. Not sure how that works.

vetmin
Junior
And1: 131

Post#1451 » by vetmin » Sun Jul 5, 2020 12:44 am

basketballRob wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:What salary are you guys sending out for Gordon? Because to cover Gordon's $18M salary you'd have to send out about $14.5M.

We’d need a bridge contract that we can then trade for AG after a few months. James Johnson is an option that gets thrown around a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,239

Post#1452 » by Onus » Sun Jul 5, 2020 3:23 am

basketballRob wrote:
Onus wrote:
basketballRob wrote:No way. I just proposed the trade because I see someone reported the Warriors had interest in traded the first and TPE for AG.

AG would be in allstar in Golden State. It would be hard to keep him on the bench.

Yea but I don’t see ag supplanting either Wiggins or green and we wouldn’t make green start at the 5.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#1453 » by basketballRob » Sun Jul 5, 2020 10:10 am

vetmin wrote:
basketballRob wrote:

We’d need a bridge contract that we can then trade for AG after a few months. James Johnson is an option that gets thrown around a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Okay I see. The problem with that is the Twolves need a PF and the fans there have hd had their eye on AG. They also have a high pick.

BongBoyKlay
Sophomore
And1: 47

Post#1454 » by BongBoyKlay » Tue Jul 7, 2020 12:47 am

I heard that the Cavs are interested in drafting a true PG so that Garland/Sexton can play more off-ball as a scorer. If we land above the Cavs in the lottery by a couple of spots, trading down with them could be an interesting possibility if the Cavs are actually looking to draft a PG at the top.

Warriors trade their 2020 pick to the Cavs for their 2020 pick and either Garland or Sexton.

This is assuming that the Warriors don't like the players at the top such as Edwards and Ball. This trade allows the Warriors to get the player they want, while also adding a backup scoring guard off of the bench that can learn from Steph and hopefully take his spot as he ages.

Who says no?
wco81
RealGM

Post#1455 » by wco81 » Tue Jul 7, 2020 2:13 am

I don't think either of those guards think of themselves as backups.

They're going to want a lot of minutes, lot of shot attempts to build up their rep and make a case for big second contract.

They could turn out to be all-star level players but not yet apparent.

Actually, Sexton's shooting numbers are not bad, 45/39/84 for his career. But what's with the 3/2.3 assist to turnovers ratio?

He's a shoot-first PG? Can he defend? At 6-1, he's probably going to get targeted in the playoffs.

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/4277811/collin-sexton

Garland has shot okay from 3, 35.5. Also 87.5 FT but 1.2 attempts a game. Another 6-1 guy.

What were the Cavs thinking to get such a tiny backcourt?
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#1456 » by basketballRob » Tue Jul 7, 2020 11:28 am

If your pick ended up at 4 or 5, would you consider Fournier for the TPE and the first pick. If Fournier opts in he'll make 17m. They could even offer him an extension.

Or Vuc and Fournier for Wiggins and the TPE.

BongBoyKlay
Sophomore
And1: 47

Post#1457 » by BongBoyKlay » Tue Jul 7, 2020 9:20 pm

wco81 wrote:I don't think either of those guards think of themselves as backups.

They're going to want a lot of minutes, lot of shot attempts to build up their rep and make a case for big second contract.

They could turn out to be all-star level players but not yet apparent.

Actually, Sexton's shooting numbers are not bad, 45/39/84 for his career. But what's with the 3/2.3 assist to turnovers ratio?

He's a shoot-first PG? Can he defend? At 6-1, he's probably going to get targeted in the playoffs.

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/4277811/collin-sexton

Garland has shot okay from 3, 35.5. Also 87.5 FT but 1.2 attempts a game. Another 6-1 guy.

What were the Cavs thinking to get such a tiny backcourt?

I agree. I don't think either of them would be too happy as a backup. But if they accepted the role, the Warriors could use one of them as a 6th man/scoring guard off the bench in the short term.

Both are also pretty terrible on D, so that's a big issue. My reasoning is that the Warriors aren't really losing anything, while they are adding a player that could contribute right away with the potential to be a starter. On the other hand, the Cavs dig themselves out of the hole they created for themselves by drafting two undersized scoring guards.
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#1458 » by Commodor » Wed Jul 8, 2020 7:12 am

basketballRob wrote:If your pick ended up at 4 or 5, would you consider Fournier for the TPE and the first pick. If Fournier opts in he'll make 17m. They could even offer him an extension.

Or Vuc and Fournier for Wiggins and the TPE.

Unfortunately those players provide very little for GSW. Doubt they’d offer anything.

Vuc: very expensive, poor defense, doesn’t fit our system, in the 4th he’d be on the bench when Draymond moves to the 5. Just a hard no.

Fournier: poor defense, doesn’t play a position of need both because Klay plays SG and we have interesting young players developing. He’s a better fit but think they would spend their money elsewhere on the roster.

Isaac would get their attention though.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,743

Post#1459 » by azwfan » Wed Jul 8, 2020 3:04 pm

BongBoyKlay wrote:I heard that the Cavs are interested in drafting a true PG so that Garland/Sexton can play more off-ball as a scorer. If we land above the Cavs in the lottery by a couple of spots, trading down with them could be an interesting possibility if the Cavs are actually looking to draft a PG at the top.

Warriors trade their 2020 pick to the Cavs for their 2020 pick and either Garland or Sexton.

This is assuming that the Warriors don't like the players at the top such as Edwards and Ball. This trade allows the Warriors to get the player they want, while also adding a backup scoring guard off of the bench that can learn from Steph and hopefully take his spot as he ages.

Who says no?

I would take Sexton and any top 6 pick for our pick.

Sexton is a Carlos Slim version of Barbosa. Not a priority need, but a secondary need and too much value to pass up. He’d also be a nice trade piece to later package with the Minny 2021 pick for an starish player if something comes up that makes sense.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
B-King
Rookie
And1: 206

Post#1460 » by B-King » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:15 am

I think the Warriors need an additional active big. Via the draft, I like Wiseman and Okongwu. In terms of TPE, Bobby Portis or Clint Capela fit there. New York might be a good trade partner to swap picks and Portis for the TPE. Ball might be high on their draft board and Okongwu might be available at the Knicks slot.

Return to Golden State Warriors