ImageImageImageImageImage

Free Agent Talk

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,793

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#881 » by cdubbz » Sun May 31, 2020 10:35 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:Don't think much of Crowder anymore, and Rivers never.

I’ve been a Rivers fan since I’ve seen his HS mixtapes. He’s grown into a good role player - definitely think he can follow Lou Williams career path in ultimate scorer and 6th man off the bench. He could definitely help our guard depth and as a combo guard who can handle & score is covers two needs.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#882 » by Scoots1994 » Mon Jun 1, 2020 1:35 pm

cdubbz wrote:

I’ve been a Rivers fan since I’ve seen his HS mixtapes. He’s grown into a good role player - definitely think he can follow Lou Williams career path in ultimate scorer and 6th man off the bench. He could definitely help our guard depth and as a combo guard who can handle & score is covers two needs.

He's been so inconsistent, and has for long runs been downright horrible. And his decision making being a concern is certainly not what the Warriors are looking for.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#883 » by cdubbz » Wed Jun 3, 2020 2:01 am

Anyone think Gallinari would be interested in the MLE? Bench scorer, chance to win a ring, and then find a big contract in 2021 off season. Is it realistic for him to find a big contract this off season? We would have to lure him into the idea of competing for a championship.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#884 » by cdubbz » Wed Jun 3, 2020 2:46 am

Scoots1994 wrote:
cdubbz wrote:

He's been so inconsistent, and has for long runs been downright horrible. And his decision making being a concern is certainly not what the Warriors are looking for.

He would come in as the backup PG and scorer. His decision making isn’t as bad as any other backup guard. His handle is tight and he’s an offensive threat, capable shooter, & not a bad defender. 25mpg maximum. More if we’re resting Curry.
kingcong95
Junior
And1: 129

Post#885 » by kingcong95 » Wed Jun 3, 2020 6:15 am

cdubbz wrote:Anyone think Gallinari would be interested in the MLE? Bench scorer, chance to win a ring, and then find a big contract in 2021 off season. Is it realistic for him to find a big contract this off season? We would have to lure him into the idea of competing for a championship.

By that logic, the Lakers and Clippers could top us with their full MLEs. And he'd be coming here to play the 3 since Dray and Paschall will get most of the minutes at the 4, but he doesn't defend quick wings well enough to stick there.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#886 » by cdubbz » Wed Jun 3, 2020 4:40 pm

kingcong95 wrote:
cdubbz wrote:Anyone think Gallinari would be interested in the MLE? Bench scorer, chance to win a ring, and then find a big contract in 2021 off season. Is it realistic for him to find a big contract this off season? We would have to lure him into the idea of competing for a championship.

By that logic, the Lakers and Clippers could top us with their full MLEs. And he'd be coming here to play the 3 since Dray and Paschall will get most of the minutes at the 4, but he doesn't defend quick wings well enough to stick there.

True. I do think that will be in play this off season with Championship contenders loading up with guys on a 1 year MLE deal. Unless some team decides to splurge this off season.

I’m just looking at who we could steal at the MLE
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,742

Post#887 » by azwfan » Thu Jun 4, 2020 4:49 am

Draft Okoro and then sign Marc Gasol.
Gasol starts and puts in about 25 mins a game. Then the small ball group of Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Okoro, Draymond dominate for stretches while throwing in minutes here and there for Paschall and Chriss (so as to not wear out Draymond). Last half of the year and playoffs we unlock our secret weapon - Smailagic "Johnson" on the league.
They quiver with fear and dread, a new Smiley poster in each opponents head.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,181

Post#888 » by xdrta+ » Thu Jun 4, 2020 3:46 pm

azwfan wrote:Draft Okoro and then sign Marc Gasol.
Gasol starts and puts in about 25 mins a game. Then the small ball group of Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Okoro, Draymond dominate for stretches while throwing in minutes here and there for Paschall and Chriss (so as to not wear out Draymond). Last half of the year and playoffs we unlock our secret weapon - Smailagic "Johnson" on the league.
They quiver with fear and dread, a new Smiley poster in each opponents head.

Connor Letourneau seems to think Gasol might be willing to sign with the Warriors for less than he could get elsewhere. Of course, that may be more wishful thinking than anything else. Just because David West took a pay cut doesn't mean Gasol would.
https://www.sfchronicle.com/warriors/article/Warriors-mailbag-Could-Marc-Gasol-be-Golden-15312549.php
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,136

Post#889 » by wco81 » Thu Jul 2, 2020 6:21 pm

wco81
RealGM

Post#890 » by wco81 » Sat Jul 4, 2020 6:14 pm

wco81
RealGM

Post#891 » by wco81 » Sat Jul 4, 2020 6:17 pm

Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#892 » by Warriors Analyst » Sat Jul 4, 2020 9:36 pm

Given the volatility of the cap situation next year, I think there will be a few players that will have to take accept smaller contracts than they would otherwise. GRIII I'd imagine will be available again for the minimum. I'd be thrilled to have him back at that price. One that occurred to me recently is Pat Connaughton. I think it's likely he stays in Milwaukee, but he'd be a great fit here. He's a bit of a streaky shooter, but he's helped keep the Bucks bench afloat the last few years and has nights where he gets really hot. He's insanely athletic and he's an excellent rebounder at the guard position. Per 36 he's averaged 7 and 8 boards a game the last two years. Wiggins and Paschall are both mediocre, if not poor rebounders at their position. Klay doesn't rebound (in large part because he leaks out in transition to space the floor), Dray and Chriss are both average defenders at their position.

Assuming we pick up a tanky center at MLE like Baynes or Gasol or TPE a Dedmon type, that'll help shore up the rebounding some. But Kerr has talked about playing Dray more at the 5 next year, in which case there will be a clear need for rebounding on the wings and at the guard position. Connaughton can hit the boards, and he'd be a valuable sparkplug off the bench.
wco81
RealGM

Post#893 » by wco81 » Sat Jul 4, 2020 9:55 pm

Sterling Brown is also an RFA though he doesn't seem as athletic as Conaughton.

Bucks may let both go, as DiVicenzo is going to get much more of the minutes. They also have Matthews and Korea.
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#894 » by Warriors Analyst » Sat Jul 4, 2020 11:57 pm

wco81 wrote:Sterling Brown is also an RFA though he doesn't seem as athletic as Conaughton.

Bucks may let both go, as DiVicenzo is going to get much more of the minutes. They also have Matthews and Korea.

I like Brown a lot too. He’s been mostly pushed out of the rotation over there, but in the first year with Bud I thought he showed a lot of promise. He’s not super explosive, but he’s mobile enough in a sturdy body, hits open threes at a decent rate, defends hard, hits the boards and showed some ability to create off the dribble. Brown isn’t as tall as he looks (he’s only 6’5) but he’s got the body type to moonlight at the 3 and bruise with 4’s on switches. I do think he’ll be easier to attain in free agency than Connaughton. Both of them are some of my preferred FA pickups that haven’t been discussed much around these parts. The others like Baynes, Gasol, Ibaka, Crowder, Bazemore, GRIII, have been discussed plenty.
SAKURABA216
Starter
And1: 817

Post#895 » by SAKURABA216 » Mon Jul 6, 2020 6:27 pm

Word on the street is that Warriors are looking at signing Marc Gasol with the MLE. I think he would be a great fit next to Draymond especially if the Warriors draft Wiseman and he can mentor him and team him to stretch the floor.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,181

Post#896 » by xdrta+ » Mon Jul 6, 2020 7:07 pm

SAKURABA216 wrote:Word on the street is that Warriors are looking at signing Marc Gasol with the MLE. I think he would be a great fit next to Draymond especially if the Warriors draft Wiseman and he can mentor him and team him to stretch the floor.

Pretty sure they would like to sign him. It's a question of whether he'll take $5M or less. He'll get better offers.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#897 » by Mylie10 » Mon Jul 6, 2020 11:25 pm

SAKURABA216 wrote:Word on the street is that Warriors are looking at signing Marc Gasol with the MLE. I think he would be a great fit next to Draymond especially if the Warriors draft Wiseman and he can mentor him and team him to stretch the floor.

Word on the street is that Joe Lacob would give his son Kirk’s left nut to sign Gasol or Ibaka to the MLE. It would be a minor miracle to get that done.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
wco81
RealGM

Post#898 » by wco81 » Tue Jul 7, 2020 8:56 pm

Why wouldn't he just stay in Toronto if he couldn't get better than an MLE?

Unless he doesn't like the cold or something about Toronto.

Maybe if he was close to some of the Warriors players?
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#899 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Jul 8, 2020 3:26 pm

wco81 wrote:Why wouldn't he just stay in Toronto if he couldn't get better than an MLE?

Unless he doesn't like the cold or something about Toronto.

Maybe if he was close to some of the Warriors players?

The weather, the environment, the future, or under the table stuff.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#900 » by ILOVEIT » Wed Jul 8, 2020 10:44 pm

Joe Harris from the Nets....perfect back up scorer for Curry and Klay. I actually think (recall the three point contest when he beat Curry) that he is on or just below their level in three point shooting. Big body that can drive and create and is a FA.

Marc Gasol. Perfect vet center.

Not sure how the Warriors get that done....but they could work to acquire someone elses mid level or do a sign and trade for Warriors player plus a second round pick for Joe Harris. Perhaps move Looney or Chris (if they decide to draft Wiseman) in a side and trade for Harris. I think just having made a deal with the Nets and being in the Eastern conference, both teams might be interested.

If Warriors could grab these two players I think they win the chip next year.
Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Green, Gasol
Bowman, Paschall, Joe Harris, Chris, Looney

Draft pick? If you have the above lineup you draft the best talent period...regardless of position. Wiseman would be great for grooming under Gasol but I take the best available talent.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.

Return to Golden State Warriors