Offers for Knox?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: Offers for Knox? 

Post#81 » by Stillwater » Thu Jul 2, 2020 4:02 pm

FutureKnicksGM wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
Knickfan1982 wrote:

We can do better than that by keeping him. Knox and the 27th are more valuable than the #40 and Zhelin Wang.

no the 27th is nothing in this draft as a price to get rid of a bust.
but if you want to pay him to be a bust then you keep your 27th

So probably in the 8-12 range is probably the price to get rid of Garland.

you can have garland for free
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Village Idiot
General Manager
And1: 2,001

Post#82 » by Village Idiot » Thu Jul 2, 2020 4:08 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:
I would still move Frank and 27 for just 14 in a heartbeat. I wouldn't even think about it. With Frank, you hope he'd turn into a shooter as good as Thabo.

The idea of Frank, as a swing guard with enough handles and vision to play a bit of PG, the size for SG on D and lateral quickness for PGs on defense and a competent 3PT shot is literally the ideal 3rd guard to compliment both Dame and CJ. I am just not sold on the idea of him becoming a reality at all. I am not convinced he would play over Trent or Simons. But, if PDX had a second deal that moved Simons / Ariza / Hood for a starting SF, it could make sense. The fit may be so ideal that his developmental track rebounds.

The issue here is that, should Portland make the playoffs their pick will drop consiterably and likely not be enough for NYK to consider the move. And as a homer, I really think they get that 8 seed with Zach and Nurkic back. We will see, but there is enough to like about 14 for Frank and 27 that I may post it separate to see what others think.
That is my line of thought and I have in fact posted Frank and 27 for the 14 using the Bazemore TPE. I too would much rather do Ariza, Simons and Hood for Aaron Gordon (whom I view as a viable SF in a more limited role than he plays in Orlando)
"There are no right answers to wrong questions." - Ursula K. Le Guin
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,585

Post#83 » by NYG » Thu Jul 2, 2020 4:12 pm

Stillwater wrote:
FutureKnicksGM wrote:
Stillwater wrote:no the 27th is nothing in this draft as a price to get rid of a bust.

Garland for Knox? Let’s see if we can save eachothers busts in a new environment.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#84 » by Stillwater » Thu Jul 2, 2020 6:12 pm

NYG wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
FutureKnicksGM wrote:

Garland for Knox? Let’s see if we can save eachothers busts in a new environment.

CLE needs knox kind of bust less than they need DG kind of bust though...
at least DG still has some hope given his health issues previously.
Either way both orgs fd up those picks by the looks of it
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Knickfan1982
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,158

Post#85 » by Knickfan1982 » Thu Jul 2, 2020 11:09 pm

Stillwater wrote:
FutureKnicksGM wrote:
Stillwater wrote:no the 27th is nothing in this draft as a price to get rid of a bust.

Tell Cleveland's GM to call the Knicks. I'll take him.
Why rely on nuance, facts and logic when you can bludgeon the other side with mindless repetition of "Duuur McDaniel's has potential :tooth and still be treated as if you were reasonable.
hoosierdaddy34
Head Coach
And1: 5,726

Post#86 » by hoosierdaddy34 » Fri Jul 3, 2020 9:08 am

As a Laker fan, if the Knicks offered Knox for Talen Horton Tucker, I’d say no. That’s how low I think Knox’s value is...he just doesn’t look like an NBA player at this point. I think the best the Knicks could do is find another 3rd or 4th year player that needs a change of scenery and make that move. Maybe they get lucky and strike gold with a player who just needs a fresh start,
NYG
RealGM

Post#87 » by NYG » Sat Jul 4, 2020 4:22 pm

Kevin Knox to Memphis for 40th Overall?
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,815

Post#88 » by psman2 » Sat Jul 4, 2020 4:31 pm

NYG wrote:Kevin Knox to Memphis for 40th Overall?

Rather resign Josh Jackson to a team friendly contract. If we cannot do that in FA then maybe I would offer a future 2nd with exprirings.
NYG
RealGM

Post#89 » by NYG » Sat Jul 4, 2020 4:34 pm

Sam Presti likes him some reclamation projects

Kevin Knox for 2021 and 2022 OKC Second Round Picks?
Knickfan1982
Lead Assistant

Post#90 » by Knickfan1982 » Sat Jul 4, 2020 4:41 pm

NYG wrote:Sam Presti likes him some reclamation projects

Kevin Knox for 2021 and 2022 OKC Second Round Picks?

No. We're better off keeping Knox and giving him another chance to turn things around.
Why rely on nuance, facts and logic when you can bludgeon the other side with mindless repetition of "Duuur McDaniel's has potential :tooth and still be treated as if you were reasonable.
scottyg
Rookie
And1: 81

Post#91 » by scottyg » Sat Jul 4, 2020 4:48 pm

As a bulls fan I would offer u this trade

Bulls get -
- Bobby Portis
- Kevin Knox

Knicks get -
- Thad Young
- 2nd rd pick
Knickfan1982
Lead Assistant

Post#92 » by Knickfan1982 » Sat Jul 4, 2020 6:28 pm

scottyg wrote:As a bulls fan I would offer u this trade

Bulls get -
- Bobby Portis
- Kevin Knox

Knicks get -
- Thad Young
- 2nd rd pick

So the Knicks have a choice of getting rid of Portis just by turning down his option or packaging him with Knox for Young's extra years for a second rounder? Pretty easy and resounding no from us.
Streakers33
Sixth Man
And1: 202

Offers for Knox? 

Post#93 » by Streakers33 » Sat Jul 4, 2020 9:15 pm

What about minnys pick 3 for nyc pick 7 and Knox.

Would clear his salary( which kinda sounds like the goal) , move up for a better prospect?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#94 » by malik959 » Sat Jul 4, 2020 9:52 pm

For the low balls people are trying to get I'd rather keep him. You don't sell young players when they are on the low. Send him down to the g-league and continue to develop him. He's barely even old enough to drink!
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,052

Post#95 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Jul 4, 2020 10:32 pm

malik959 wrote:For the low balls people are trying to get I'd rather keep him. You don't sell young players when they are on the low. Send him down to the g-league and continue to develop him. He's barely even old enough to drink!

No ones saying you HAVE to move him, or even SHOULD move him.

Just, if you wanted to move him, I think these are the kinds of offers you should expect.
Tim Lehrbach
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,955

Post#96 » by Tim Lehrbach » Sat Jul 4, 2020 11:05 pm

Village Idiot wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:Even with Portland needing a long term fit at SF, I wouldn't move anything of note for him. I would rather see if Gary Trent Jr can shore up that spot and he is more of a SG. But, at least he has shown an efficient offensive trait, good 3PT shooting. Knox can score if given usage that he absolutely doesn't deserve.
While Ntilikina is the discard Knick I'd like to see on the Blazers I would be interested in taking a shot at Knox too. He's never going to be a star but he was actually pretty decent last season is a very different role than this season.

TPE, Simons, Hezonja and #14 for Ntilikina, Knox and the 27 would be my offer. It would have to be consummated after the draft due to the Blazers tax status.

I do think Knox and Frank would improve the Blazers bench in limited roles, and I suppose the pick swap is reasonable. Not sure about the salary impacts of taking one of them on via TPE. Can the Blazers afford this?
Clipsz 4 Life
January 20, 2002-May 17, 2006
Saxon
February 20, 2001-August 9, 2007
Knickfan1982
Lead Assistant

Post#97 » by Knickfan1982 » Sat Jul 4, 2020 11:55 pm

Streakers33 wrote:What about minnys pick 3 for nyc pick 7 and Knox.

Would clear his salary( which kinda sounds like the goal) , move up for a better prospect?

Would love this deal but I don't think Knox has the kind of value by himself to justify Minny trading down. At the very least the Knicks would have to take on a bad deal or include the Clippers first rounder.
Streakers33
Sixth Man
And1: 202

Post#98 » by Streakers33 » Sun Jul 5, 2020 1:57 am

Knickfan1982 wrote:
Streakers33 wrote:What about minnys pick 3 for nyc pick 7 and Knox.

Would love this deal but I don't think Knox has the kind of value by himself to justify Minny trading down. At the very least the Knicks would have to take on a bad deal or include the Clippers first rounder.

So then you throw in the 27th pick and we throw in the 33rd. Done.

Village Idiot
General Manager
And1: 2,001

Post#99 » by Village Idiot » Sun Jul 5, 2020 5:52 am

Tim Lehrbach wrote:
Village Idiot wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:Even with Portland needing a long term fit at SF, I wouldn't move anything of note for him. I would rather see if Gary Trent Jr can shore up that spot and he is more of a SG. But, at least he has shown an efficient offensive trait, good 3PT shooting. Knox can score if given usage that he absolutely doesn't deserve.
While Ntilikina is the discard Knick I'd like to see on the Blazers I would be interested in taking a shot at Knox too. He's never going to be a star but he was actually pretty decent last season is a very different role than this season.

TPE, Simons, Hezonja and #14 for Ntilikina, Knox and the 27 would be my offer. It would have to be consummated after the draft due to the Blazers tax status.

I do think Knox and Frank would improve the Blazers bench in limited roles, and I suppose the pick swap is reasonable. Not sure about the salary impacts of taking one of them on via TPE. Can the Blazers afford this?
The Blazers are already deep into the tax so it would have to be agreed to on draft night and consummated in the new salary year.
"There are no right answers to wrong questions." - Ursula K. Le Guin
NYG
RealGM

Post#100 » by NYG » Sun Jul 5, 2020 7:31 am

Texas Chuck wrote:If I'm a tanking team I'd be willing to add him but I can't imagine giving up a top 45 pick for him. Maybe I give up a "prospect" I've already concluded can't play.

Grayson Allen, Jerome Robinson and Luke Kennard all have ties to CAA which is where Leon Rose is from.

Return to Trades and Transactions