Re: Aleksej Pokusevski 

Post#221 » by kobyz » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:59 pm

plays like Khris Middelton on offense
Nate the Great
Pro Prospect
And1: 380

Post#222 » by Nate the Great » Wed Jul 1, 2020 10:35 pm

One concern should be that big skinny guys like him often struggle with injuries. Which is another reason not to play him at center, I suppose.

Black Lives Matter
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,253

Post#223 » by Catchall » Sat Jul 4, 2020 3:38 am

You do the hokey-poku and you turn yourself around...
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#224 » by EvanZ » Sat Jul 4, 2020 3:19 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,182

Post#225 » by God Squad » Sun Jul 5, 2020 2:59 am

EvanZ wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Nice Twitter plug. Smh :noway:
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#226 » by EvanZ » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:07 pm

Read on Twitter
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Catchall
RealGM

Post#227 » by Catchall » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:31 pm

EvanZ wrote:
Read on Twitter

TBH, he's better off not getting any taller. I hope that's with shoes. I'd rather hear that he's gained 10+ lbs.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,878

Post#228 » by BlazersBroncos » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:51 pm

Ya, 7'2 is getting a bit worrisome. He already shows some traits that could indicate a pituitary issue IMO.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#229 » by King Ken » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:53 pm

EvanZ wrote:
Read on Twitter

7'2 if he can maintain everything is a legit top 5 in this draft.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,148

Post#230 » by TB » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:00 pm

If he's a legit 7ft barefoot.... he may move to 1 on my board.

His build reminds me of a taller Bertans, where his really skinny shoulders and upper body make him look extra sickly and awkward, but he's got pretty solid core/legs and fluidity. Bertans looked crazy skinny pre-draft, and he's filled out perfectly fine while still having those narrow shoulders.

When the only negatives seem to be experience and if he will get stronger, i'm taking that gamble on being ahead of the curve with a potential unicorn. HIs bball iq and feel/flair for the game is up there with Ball and Haliburton in this draft... only he's 7 feet tall. Definite skinny Jokic vibes.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#231 » by EvanZ » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:07 pm

He's already 3 or 4 on my board. But this would justify it even more.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM

Post#232 » by BlazersBroncos » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:49 pm

Definite skinny Jokic vibes.

He is much more in the mold of Kukoc and Van Horn than Jokic. The touch and vision Joker has isnt something anyone in this draft can compare to. He is such a unique talent, I would easily give up the 1st 3 picks in this draft for a Jokic level player. Then again, the top of this draft is one of my least favoirtes in years so thats not saying much.
Catchall
RealGM

Post#233 » by Catchall » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:02 am

I did a mock-draft exercise and Poku fell to #21. It's a question of which team wants to invest nearly 3 years developing him before getting a return on investment. If he's seen as a developmental project, he could slip to the late teens or twenties.

That said, it took Ingram and Jonathan Isaac until their 3rd season to really have an impact.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Mirotic12
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,482

Post#234 » by Mirotic12 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:00 am

TB wrote:If he's a legit 7ft barefoot.... he may move to 1 on my board.

His build reminds me of a taller Bertans, where his really skinny shoulders and upper body make him look extra sickly and awkward, but he's got pretty solid core/legs and fluidity. Bertans looked crazy skinny pre-draft, and he's filled out perfectly fine while still having those narrow shoulders.

When the only negatives seem to be experience and if he will get stronger, i'm taking that gamble on being ahead of the curve with a potential unicorn. HIs bball iq and feel/flair for the game is up there with Ball and Haliburton in this draft... only he's 7 feet tall. Definite skinny Jokic vibes.

He's listed at 7-0 in Europe. They almost always list players barefoot. The only time they list players in shoes is usually the American players, who have their shoes height from NCAA, G-League, or NBA (under previous rules) listing. Even then they list some American players by barefoot.

But like 90 percent probably of the players from Europe are listed barefoot. So he was already listed at 7-0 barefoot before last season.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#235 » by No-Man » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:33 am

Poku is at least 7'1 in shoes yeah

As for investing 3 years and blao... Poku has real feel and can play basketball, he does need to improve and develop physically, he is so young that it's only natural, but the guy will be fine playing minutes as soon as next season, he is a real player not Bruno Caboclo people
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,732

Post#236 » by UcanUwill » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:07 pm

Fischella wrote:Poku is at least 7'1 in shoes yeah

As for investing 3 years and blao... Poku has real feel and can play basketball, he does need to improve and develop physically, he is so young that it's only natural, but the guy will be fine playing minutes as soon as next season, he is a real player not Bruno Caboclo people

I wouldn't be that confident, if he wasnt playing on OLYs main team, how will he play in the NBA? I think Hartenstein was more ready, and it took him more than a year just to start dominate G league.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM

Post#237 » by BlazersBroncos » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:27 pm

I think Hartenstein was more ready, and it took him more than a year just to start dominate G league.

Hartenstein was/is a average sized big with average athleticism and no outside shot. Poku should get burn just as a floor spacer even if he is bad at most everything else. His shot is too mechanically sound to not eventually trend upwards from his 32%. His shooting on the move is truly impressive for a player his size and age.

I do think he will be a redshirted rookie for the most part.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#238 » by No-Man » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:50 pm

UcanUwill wrote:

I wouldn't be that confident, if he wasnt playing on OLYs main team, how will he play in the NBA? I think Hartenstein was more ready, and it took him more than a year just to start dominate G league.

Hartenstein was readier physically but not in terms of on court ability/IQ

As for how he didn't play with Oly, I mean, that happens all the time, it doesn't make a difference, do I need to remind you of the history of euro guys that come over to the NBA without having proven anything at all and still do fine? it just doesn't work that way, even if you insist on it with every post you put out here, objectives are different, the game is different, the question is just silly

Plus truly skilled talents improve by leap and bounds in short periods of time at this age, that curve is exponential, you have no clue what Poku is going to be as a basketball player come next season
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,732

Post#239 » by UcanUwill » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:06 pm

Fischella wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:

Hartenstein was readier physically but not in terms of on court ability/IQ

As for how he didn't play with Oly, I mean, that happens all the time, it doesn't make a difference, do I need to remind you of the history of euro guys that come over to the NBA without having proven anything at all and still do fine? it just doesn't work that way, even if you insist on it with every post you put out here, objectives are different, the game is different, the question is just silly

Plus truly skilled talents improve by leap and bounds in short periods of time at this age, that curve is exponential, you have no clue what Poku is going to be as a basketball player come next season

I get the idea, but please, name me few Euros who came right from junior, secondary domestic level and played well. Right now I am can think only one - Giannis. In recent memory, it seems that most of these unproven guys that showed nothing tangible but good flashes against junior levels, were busts in the NBA. And people keep stepping on the same rake, this is exact Dragan bender situation all over again. I like what I have seen from this player, but I also understand that he has only played against incredibly weak competition compared to what is waiting for him in the league, and that he wasnt even called up by his Euroleague team, and you can tell how Euro basketball is different, but it is still worse than NBA level, and when Euro team basically g leagues a player, thats kinda a huge red flag of how not ready he is. And the ideal that he will be better in few months is true but at the same time very worrying that you need to reach for such argument to justify why people should be high on him. Same ideal is being used for busts basically.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#240 » by King Ken » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:28 pm

Giannis was different. His physical tools are MJ like. It's a tough thing to swing on tools and athleticism.

KP was raw as hell one year but he went back to Europe, got taller and more skilled, and was a top 5 pick. Poku is just too raw at this stage.

Return to NBA Draft