ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Regular Season Thread Vol. Iggy

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,011

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread Vol. Iggy 

Post#1401 » by DayofMourning » Wed Jul 8, 2020 1:21 am

Shaq_Diesel wrote:
Wiltside wrote:
Shaq_Diesel wrote:
Apparently it's Bam and Nunn....I don't think any of the local guys will break the Heat's trust and report it, but it'll take a national guy to report it. I hope what I heard is wrong but if not - hopefully they recover quickly and are ready to play in a few weeks.

Given your connections S-D, I'm inclined to agree with you.

Can't afford to lose Bam and expect to give this thing a shake. Hopefully they're both getting really good care and will be healthy in the next couple weeks, same with DJJ.

I hope I'm wrong - but I think some people are just assuming these guys test positive, 2 weeks passes, and they're back to normal. That's just not the case unfortunately for whomever the two players are. But for basketball, the only pair that could be worse would be Jimmy and Bam.

After all these years, I still have "connections" LOL! I'm going to try to post and be active more. I don't really have the insight that I might have used to share, but still love the Heat.

It's definitely good to see some of the old heads in here. Try to post at least 5 times a day.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,192

Post#1402 » by Bishop45 » Wed Jul 8, 2020 1:59 am

Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,753

Post#1403 » by eddieheatfan » Wed Jul 8, 2020 3:00 am

gom wrote:No matter who goes down it's next man up. The other teams will take hits too, and we have so much depth.

Speaking of which, I wonder if Meyers Leonard's ankle has recovered. We need him too.
i think he should be fine now.i mean how many months have passed since he went down? you know if the stars backs out and we end up with a gimped season i then would like the chances of the heat going all the way better,though the whole thing could be boring to watch too :lol:
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,026

Post#1404 » by heatwillbeback » Wed Jul 8, 2020 4:16 am

Im kind of surprised we haven't got a report yet with the names.

Yes I know the Heat are secretive in general, but they are in Orlando. 2 players aren't there and it shouldn't be too difficult to ascertain.

I guess good for HIPAA, but I crave sports (and specifically Heat) news.
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,026

Post#1405 » by heatwillbeback » Wed Jul 8, 2020 4:21 am

Also it probably wouldnt be a HIPAA violation to say "A and B arent in Orlando", rather than "A and B have the virus". A and B not in Orlando isn't medical news, just an observation with obvious implications.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,433

Post#1406 » by gom » Wed Jul 8, 2020 6:44 am

Derrick Jones Jr is ready to rejoin the team apparently. Great news if true!
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#1407 » by IggieCC » Wed Jul 8, 2020 11:05 am

almost the entire Nets team is getting covid19... could/should they forfeit?

not looking good tbh
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
Shaq_Diesel
Senior
And1: 105

Post#1408 » by Shaq_Diesel » Wed Jul 8, 2020 12:59 pm

heatwillbeback wrote:Im kind of surprised we haven't got a report yet with the names.

Yes I know the Heat are secretive in general, but they are in Orlando. 2 players aren't there and it shouldn't be too difficult to ascertain.

I guess good for HIPAA, but I crave sports (and specifically Heat) news.

I would think that with the Heat buses departing for Orlando today, by seeing who is or isn't there, we'll get some news...
Formerly known as Caron_Butler, Shaq_Diesel...lifelong Heat fan. GO HEAT!
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#1409 » by HeatFanLifer » Wed Jul 8, 2020 4:54 pm

IggieCC wrote:almost the entire Nets team is getting covid19... could/should they forfeit?

not looking good tbh

I don’t think it is likely this NBA season is going to proceed. The virus is way too prevalent in our society to really make this bubble idea feasible. I commend the NBA for trying, but I am not getting my hopes up. Better off just calling it a season and starting in late October at this point.
OP for NBA FT record
BenoUdrihFTL
RealGM
And1: 23,486

Post#1410 » by BenoUdrihFTL » Wed Jul 8, 2020 9:09 pm

Seems like they waited too long to have players report to the bubble. I think the Raptors got there weeks in advance and they've been fine afaik
Shaq_Diesel
Senior

Post#1411 » by Shaq_Diesel » Wed Jul 8, 2020 9:20 pm

Player shown on social media going on to the bus.....

Jae
Udonis
Meyers
Gabe Vincent
Goran
Silva
KZ

Missing:
Kelly
Iggy
Duncan
Jimmy
Bam
Nunn
Herro
DJJ
Solomon Hill
eddieheatfan
RealGM

Post#1412 » by eddieheatfan » Wed Jul 8, 2020 10:20 pm

Shaq_Diesel wrote:Player shown on social media going on to the bus.....

Jae
Udonis
Meyers
Gabe Vincent
Goran
Silva
KZ

Missing:
Kelly
Iggy
Duncan
Jimmy
Bam
Nunn
Herro
DJJ
Solomon Hill
i think that herro's mind is set on another types of balls right now :lol:
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#1413 » by HeatIn5 » Thu Jul 9, 2020 12:25 am

eddieheatfan wrote:

Jae
Udonis
Meyers
Gabe Vincent
Goran
Silva
KZ

Missing:
Kelly
Iggy
Duncan
Jimmy
Bam
Nunn
Herro
DJJ
Solomon Hill

Herro posted pictures of him in mask and looked like he was entering the bubble, and Katya has been posting pics alone all day. Safe to say he's entering the bubble.

Hopefully someone forgot to tell Solomon Hill bout all this.
Read on Twitter
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,028

Post#1414 » by twix2500 » Thu Jul 9, 2020 12:28 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20

J Micheal comfirms Oladipo interest in Miami.

https://vine.co/v/i2xTdtjw1Zi

Read on Twitter
?s=19
eddieheatfan
RealGM

Post#1415 » by eddieheatfan » Thu Jul 9, 2020 2:18 am

HerroBalls wrote:
eddieheatfan wrote:

Jae
Udonis
Meyers
Gabe Vincent
Goran
Silva
KZ

Missing:
Kelly
Iggy
Duncan
Jimmy
Bam
Nunn
Herro
DJJ
Solomon Hill

Herro posted pictures of him in mask and looked like he was entering the bubble, and Katya has been posting pics alone all day. Safe to say he's entering the bubble.

Hopefully someone forgot to tell Solomon Hill bout all this.
joke backfired it seems :lol: ,glad that herro made in though.who else got in the bubble?
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,300

Post#1416 » by Wiltside » Thu Jul 9, 2020 5:49 am

twix2500 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=19

I dunno who JMichael is? Can you elaborate?

I said earlier, I could see us pursuing Oladipo this offseason as he enters the last year of his deal. Pressure would then be on Vic to have a baller year and get paid, or re-up with us (with our bird rights on him) as we push towards the 'chip (hopefully with another star in tow).

Trying to construct a deal around Nunn is hard though due to the contract discrepancy. Even if he's the most logical piece to move in this scenario. About the only way I can see it is if Igoudala is included...but not sure what the go is there.

In theory based on the above:

PG - Oladipo / Dragic
SG - Butler / Herro
SF - Robinson / Crowder / FRP
PF - Adebayo / Okpala
C - Leonard / Cousins :) / Olynyk

That's assuming Nunn + Iggy got Vic, Kelly opts in on his deal, we bring back Goran and Crowder on 1yr deals and DJJ takes the money from someone (probably a chit team with no use for him like Sacramento). Sign Cousins for the vet min,

It's a pretty nice lineup. Butler still plays as our de-facto PG and Bam as the hub, but we also get Oladipo as the Nunn upgrade on both sides of the ball. More consistent, excellent defender, quality shooter these days...yeah, he'd fit pretty nice. His health is a big concern, but I'd definitely roll the dice if the cost was Nunn + Iggy. If we had to throw in the FRP, would probably do it tbh.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
ThaFranchize84
Junior
And1: 156

Miami Heat Regular Season Thread Vol. Iggy 

Post#1417 » by ThaFranchize84 » Thu Jul 9, 2020 12:18 pm

Wiltside wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=19

I dunno who JMichael is? Can you elaborate?

I said earlier, I could see us pursuing Oladipo this offseason as he enters the last year of his deal. Pressure would then be on Vic to have a baller year and get paid, or re-up with us (with our bird rights on him) as we push towards the 'chip (hopefully with another star in tow).

Trying to construct a deal around Nunn is hard though due to the contract discrepancy. Even if he's the most logical piece to move in this scenario. About the only way I can see it is if Igoudala is included...but not sure what the go is there.

In theory based on the above:

PG - Oladipo / Dragic
SG - Butler / Herro
SF - Robinson / Crowder / FRP
PF - Adebayo / Okpala
C - Leonard / Cousins :) / Olynyk

That's assuming Nunn + Iggy got Vic, Kelly opts in on his deal, we bring back Goran and Crowder on 1yr deals and DJJ takes the money from someone (probably a chit team with no use for him like Sacramento). Sign Cousins for the vet min,

It's a pretty nice lineup. Butler still plays as our de-facto PG and Bam as the hub, but we also get Oladipo as the Nunn upgrade on both sides of the ball. More consistent, excellent defender, quality shooter these days...yeah, he'd fit pretty nice. His health is a big concern, but I'd definitely roll the dice if the cost was Nunn + Iggy. If we had to throw in the FRP, would probably do it tbh.

Agree with this but if we do the deal this offseason then salary matching becomes less of an issue because we have cap space. Yes that would involve letting one or two guys walk but that maybe more beneficial from Indiana’s perspective. They could in theory get Nunn, let’s say our 2020 pick and we absorb Oladipo into space. Ideally they would take Olynk or Iggy but they may want to save that $ and spend it elsewhere. I think their owner owns a number of malls and in this pandemic/economy is not doing too well. The Heat could also deal someone like Olynk to a team for a player that makes less on a one year deal or can take his salary in all together and create more space to resign Leonard, Crowder or Dragic. Another option is sending Iggy back to Golden State for a portion of their trade exception. There is definitely possibilities and I think Riley had all of this in mind when he traded all the guys at the deadline to create space this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MartyCONLONNN
Analyst
And1: 2,315

Post#1418 » by MartyCONLONNN » Thu Jul 9, 2020 2:01 pm

All signs point to Dipo forcing his way out early and there seems to be some serious backchanneling going on as well. local indiana reporters are basically saying writing is on the wall for Miami. This is step 1 in Miami’s reported Dipo/Giannis chase.

I believe Dipo is asking for the max to leverage Indy into trading a player, making them less competitive which goes against his reported 2nd request of competing big. frankly, you cant show Vic that by trading away Turner or Brogdon. It ingeniously binds Indy into a situation where they can’t win Dipo over (that’s good agent work).

If we do accomplish the trade for him, watch for him to actually take less to be here knowing well no1 is gonna offer him the full max off 2 injury plagued seasons. it’ll likely be a shorter deal too & if the cap plays out in our favor could be enough space to get Miami in a room with Giannis with Riley, Butler, Bam, Dipo recruiting him to be the centerpiece of a potential dynasty. Pipe dream? of course. Likely the same projected space is no longer there due to the pandemic. but the orchestration of this plan seems to be in motion and funny that it’s so soon after Shams and the Athletic reported that Miami was going for a Dipo and Giannis pairing.
Shaq_Diesel
Senior

Post#1419 » by Shaq_Diesel » Thu Jul 9, 2020 2:15 pm

Still Missing:
Iggy
Duncan
Bam
Nunn
Solomon Hill
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,011

Post#1420 » by DayofMourning » Thu Jul 9, 2020 2:38 pm

I'm down with bringing in Dipo now. Let him star then when we don't get Giannis we trade him to Orlando for Isaac. Full circle.

Return to Miami Heat