ImageImageImageImageImage

Orlando roster

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Orlando roster 

Post#1 » by Sharcm1 » Tue Jul 7, 2020 6:31 pm

So who do we have going to Orlando. Spencer is out. Jordan is out. Chandler is out. No Kyrie and we knew no Durant.

starting line up
Levert
Temple
Harris
Prince
Allen

Bench is more complicated
Chiozza
Johnson
TLC
Kurucs
?....
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,564

Re: Orlando roster 

Post#2 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jul 7, 2020 7:16 pm

I read Amir Johnson might sign with us.

Honestly on paper this team may not win one game in Orlando.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#3 » by Claud » Tue Jul 7, 2020 7:30 pm

Not too optimistic about our roster going to ORL.

At least some of the young guys will get playing time.

We definately need to sign another big to help the Fro.

My lineup would be:

Tyler Johnson/Caris/Joe Harris/Kurucs/Fro
Chiozza/Temple/TLC/Prince/ Vet C like Amir Johnson.
Sharcm1
Veteran

Post#4 » by Sharcm1 » Tue Jul 7, 2020 11:22 pm

And prince is now out. Ok Rodi time to step up
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#5 » by Paradise » Tue Jul 7, 2020 11:30 pm

No Prince...

Read on Twitter

Four open roster spots...might as well sign Jaylen Hands to a standard deal and our prized G-League players.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#6 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jul 8, 2020 12:40 am

Paradise wrote:No Prince...

Read on Twitter

Four open roster spots...might as well sign Jaylen Hands to a standard deal and our prized G-League players.

This is a JOKE.

Read on Twitter
?s=19

What's the point of this? Seriously we gain nothing from this. Our team has been destroyed and keeping the players in Brooklyn has been a disastrous decision by the Nets brass.

drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#7 » by drsd » Wed Jul 8, 2020 8:55 am

Magic fan here:

point-1: with Beal out it seems unlikely the Wizards will catch the Magic or Nets.

point-2: Something like this seems to be the current Nets depth chat. What is correct rotation ?

Tyler Johnson/Chris Chiozza/Jeremiah Martin
Caris LeVert/Garrett Temple
Joe Harris/Justin Anderson
Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot/Rodions Kurucs
Jarrett Allen

point-3: That's only 10 players. Will the Nets use all of the 4-replacement signings immediately to get this to 14 players?

By process-of-elimination, it looks like either Clark or Ennis is the coronavirus-infected Magician.

The Magic depth chart looks to be:

Fultz/Augustin/Carter-Williams
Fournier/Ross/Frazier
Iwundu/Ennis
Gordon/Birch/Clark
Vučević/Bamba

One can see real depth problems at the forward slot (the consequence of Aminu and Isaac being injured). Orlando plays a lot of 2 and 3 PG sets with the above rotation (Carter-Williams gets SF playing time when on the court with Fultz and Augustin).

In conclusion, the "race" to the 7-seed might be more about what team loses less than wins more. Still I do not favor the Wizards to end up in a play-in game scenario.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#8 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jul 8, 2020 10:45 am

drsd wrote:Magic fan here:

point-1: with Beal out it seems unlikely the Wizards will catch the Magic or Nets.

point-2: Something like this seems to be the current Nets depth chat. What is correct rotation ?

Tyler Johnson/Chris Chiozza/Jeremiah Martin
Caris LeVert/Garrett Temple
Joe Harris/Justin Anderson
Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot/Rodions Kurucs
Jarrett Allen

point-3: That's only 10 players. Will the Nets use all of the 4-replacement signings immediately to get this to 14 players?

By process-of-elimination, it looks like either Clark or Ennis is the coronavirus-infected Magician.

The Magic depth chart looks to be:

Fultz/Augustin/Carter-Williams
Fournier/Ross/Frazier
Iwundu/Ennis
Gordon/Birch/Clark
Vučević/Bamba

One can see real depth problems at the forward slot (the consequence of Aminu and Isaac being injured). Orlando plays a lot of 2 and 3 PG sets with the above rotation (Carter-Williams gets SF playing time when on the court with Fultz and Augustin).

In conclusion, the "race" to the 7-seed might be more about what team loses less than wins more. Still I do not favor the Wizards to end up in a play-in game scenario.

You guys have it on lock. Our team is so f'd it's hilarious. We legit only have one guy that can create his own shot and he is a notoriously slow starter at getting into rhythm. I want the Nets to drop out, dead serious

Sharcm1
Veteran

Post#9 » by Sharcm1 » Wed Jul 8, 2020 10:56 am

Only positive outcome is we drop from the play offs and then have our own lotto pick. If they make the playoffs the pick goes to the hawks. Barely making the playoffs and losing quickly in the first round isn’t better.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#10 » by Prokorov » Wed Jul 8, 2020 1:23 pm

Sharcm1 wrote:Only positive outcome is we drop from the play offs and then have our own lotto pick. If they make the playoffs the pick goes to the hawks. Barely making the playoffs and losing quickly in the first round isn’t better.

That is tough.... the wizards would need to win 2 more games than we do. and without Beal and Bertans they're roster doesnt look very good and outside of us the play all very good teams. then they would need to beat us 2 times in a row in a play-in situation.

I think we make the 7 or 8 seed depending on how orlando does. then lose in 5.

People shouldn't write the nets off at 0-8 just yet. Things are going to weird in orlando. no one has played together in months. chemistry is a thing. rosters are shuffled. that will take time to sort out. guys will get covid during replay and teams will have to adjust on the fly. What teams have guys who got fat and out of shape?

We could come in in shape, play hard, and while depleted have chemistry. maybe some teams we play are the opposite. impossible to tell. we certainly wont win a title or beat milwaukee but we could easily go 6-2 with this roster and have the 7 seed. look at the scores from the first 2 weeks of any nba season. its all over the place. we are in a similar spot to that
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#11 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jul 8, 2020 3:38 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Sharcm1 wrote:Only positive outcome is we drop from the play offs and then have our own lotto pick. If they make the playoffs the pick goes to the hawks. Barely making the playoffs and losing quickly in the first round isn’t better.

That is tough.... the wizards would need to win 2 more games than we do. and without Beal and Bertans they're roster doesnt look very good and outside of us the play all very good teams. then they would need to beat us 2 times in a row in a play-in situation.

I think we make the 7 or 8 seed depending on how orlando does. then lose in 5.

People shouldn't write the nets off at 0-8 just yet. Things are going to weird in orlando. no one has played together in months. chemistry is a thing. rosters are shuffled. that will take time to sort out. guys will get covid during replay and teams will have to adjust on the fly. What teams have guys who got fat and out of shape?

We could come in in shape, play hard, and while depleted have chemistry. maybe some teams we play are the opposite. impossible to tell. we certainly wont win a title or beat milwaukee but we could easily go 6-2 with this roster and have the 7 seed. look at the scores from the first 2 weeks of any nba season. its all over the place. we are in a similar spot to that

We will need LeVert to hit the ground running. Historically going off my memory, it takes him some time to get his game up to speed after a lay off. That doesn't bode well for us overall, but we'll see.

NetsJets
Starter
And1: 658

Post#12 » by NetsJets » Wed Jul 8, 2020 4:27 pm

Maybe they play above their heads and surprises everyone. I guess we’ll see.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#13 » by drsd » Wed Jul 8, 2020 4:57 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:You guys have it on lock. Our team is so f'd it's hilarious. We legit only have one guy that can create his own shot and he is a notoriously slow starter at getting into rhythm. I want the Nets to drop out, dead serious

Magic fan here.

Respectfully my question is, "What is the projected Nets depth chart?"

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#14 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jul 8, 2020 6:51 pm

drsd wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:You guys have it on lock. Our team is so f'd it's hilarious. We legit only have one guy that can create his own shot and he is a notoriously slow starter at getting into rhythm. I want the Nets to drop out, dead serious

Magic fan here.

Jarrett Allen/Amir Johnson (rumored)
Rodi Kurucs/Justin Anderson
Joe Harris/Garrett Temple
Caris LeVert/Tim Luwawu-Cabarrot
Tyler Johnson/Chris Chiozza

If you guys don't take the 7th seed, something is very wrong.

MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#15 » by MGrand15 » Wed Jul 8, 2020 11:46 pm

I know everyone is down on the team but I'm ready to go to war with LeVert, JA, Harris, Rodi. Those were key guys for us last year and they could easily be gone this off season.

Temple is rock solid off the bench and might start at guard. Chiozza and TLC showed me enough to get excited.

We've gotta hope Musa comes back MUCH better. And we REALLY need some solid guys with the substitutes. Tyler Johnson is jumping into a pretty big role. I'm cool with our starting 5 but the bench is brutal.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#16 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jul 9, 2020 12:22 am

MGrand15 wrote:I know everyone is down on the team but I'm ready to go to war with LeVert, JA, Harris, Rodi. Those were key guys for us last year and they could easily be gone this off season.

Temple is rock solid off the bench and might start at guard. Chiozza and TLC showed me enough to get excited.

We've gotta hope Musa comes back MUCH better. And we REALLY need some solid guys with the substitutes. Tyler Johnson is jumping into a pretty big role. I'm cool with our starting 5 but the bench is brutal.

If LeVert shows up in midseason form, I would say we should be a scrappy team. If he doesn't, and is slow to get his game back like he has been in the past, we are going to get pounded.

MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#17 » by MGrand15 » Thu Jul 9, 2020 12:31 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:I know everyone is down on the team but I'm ready to go to war with LeVert, JA, Harris, Rodi. Those were key guys for us last year and they could easily be gone this off season.

If LeVert shows up in midseason form, I would say we should be a scrappy team. If he doesn't, and is slow to get his game back like he has been in the past, we are going to get pounded.

You know I never doubt LeGOAT.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#18 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jul 9, 2020 1:13 am

Updated now:

Jarrett Allen/Amir Johnson (rumored)
Rodi Kurucs/Justin Anderson
Joe Harris/Garrett Temple/Dzazan Musa
Caris LeVert/Tim Luwawu-Cabarrot
Tyler Johnson/Jamal Crawford/Chris Chiozza

Well at least we have some guard depth now.

Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,463

Post#19 » by Stone » Thu Jul 9, 2020 2:01 am

Pooch is hinting that we are picking up a big tonight
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#20 » by Prokorov » Thu Jul 9, 2020 2:25 pm

drsd wrote:

Magic fan here.

Hard to say... the nets team (sans Kyrie/KD) has always been a collection of role players and 6th man types where its kind of interchangeable. and with so many guys out we are moving to 3rd stringers or guys who got benched. my initial thought would be:

Levert | Chiozza
Harris| Crawford | Johnson (could move up if healthy/ready)
Temple | TLC
Kurucs | Beasley | Anderson
Allen | Amir Johnson (or someone we sign)

Return to Brooklyn Nets