Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

sco
RealGM
And1: 7,649

Re: NBA Trade Thread 

Post#1601 » by sco » Tue Jul 7, 2020 1:35 am

pipfan wrote:The Lauri trade is to the Suns, for the #10
I want to keep him, but he would fit really well with Ayton, played at AU and can grow with their core

What about Lauri/Felicio for a S&T Saric + #10?
:clap:
poolshark52
Pro Prospect
And1: 472

Post#1602 » by poolshark52 » Tue Jul 7, 2020 3:16 am

sco wrote:
I want to keep him, but he would fit really well with Ayton, played at AU and can grow with their core

Sounds good but depends on what the saric contract would be. 3/39 would be ok.
Nwaba daba doo!
sco
RealGM

Post#1603 » by sco » Tue Jul 7, 2020 1:03 pm

poolshark52 wrote:
sco wrote:

Sounds good but depends on what the saric contract would be. 3/39 would be ok.

Wow, that seems to be a lot for Saric, who, IMO is a guy whose stock is down after a strong start in Philly. I'm thinking a deal like Sato's of 3/30 would be as high as I go for a likely back-up, but Ideally 3/$20.
MikeDC
Analyst
And1: 1,917

Post#1604 » by MikeDC » Wed Jul 8, 2020 6:17 pm

sco wrote:

Pretty sure a S&T and a draft pick trade is unworkable. We'd have to agree to terms with Saric before the draft, which I don't think we can do.

Cam Johnson or Mikal Bridges instead? Bridges is like a young, healthy Otto Porter, so that kind of makes sense, but that might top the balance into "not worth it" for the Suns.
sco
RealGM

Post#1605 » by sco » Wed Jul 8, 2020 6:32 pm

MikeDC wrote:
sco wrote:

Pretty sure a S&T and a draft pick trade is unworkable. We'd have to agree to terms with Saric before the draft, which I don't think we can do.

Cam Johnson or Mikal Bridges instead? Bridges is like a young, healthy Otto Porter, so that kind of makes sense, but that might top the balance into "not worth it" for the Suns.

Sure, but doubt Suns would give up either guy for Lauri, much less plus a pick.
MikeDC
Analyst
And1: 1,917

Post#1606 » by MikeDC » Thu Jul 9, 2020 4:24 pm

sco wrote:
MikeDC wrote:
sco wrote:What about Lauri/Felicio for a S&T Saric + #10?

Sure, but doubt Suns would give up either guy for Lauri, much less plus a pick.

Well, we started out with you suggesting the pick plus a player. :)

If I were them, I wouldn't trade Bridges, but I've been high on him. Cam Johnson though, if we look at the numbers, I don't think he's even as good a player as Saric is. Obviously Saric is an impending FA so that lowers his value since, if Phoenix is going to keep him, it will be on a higher $ amount. I get that. But what I'm saying is, if they really want to move up in the world, and want to add Lauri, they'd be willing to keep Saric and add Lauri.
wonderboy2
Analyst
And1: 1,949

Post#1607 » by wonderboy2 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:34 am

We should be shopping Sato. Dude is hog ****. I would take anything for him. A second round pick would do. But nobody probably wants him.
sco
RealGM

Post#1608 » by sco » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:47 pm

wonderboy2 wrote:We should be shopping Sato. Dude is hog ****. I would take anything for him. A second round pick would do. But nobody probably wants him.

I'm not willing to flush Sato for essentially nothing. I'd like to see him on the floor with 4 decent players in a system with a decent coach. IMO, he's a decent distributing PG who plays ok defense. He has the size to play SG and SF, which has value next season, given our injuries in the past. He becomes an expiring contract on a usable player after next season, and could be a useful trade asset.

My biggest concern about the current team construction with starters of Coby, Zach, Otto, and Lauri starting is that we leave our bench without a scorer. Of course we'd need guys to stay healthy, but we'll need a coach who is smart enough not to do hockey line substitutions. My point is that Sato is a guy who you could plug in for Coby, Zach or Otto and not get hurt too much.
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,359

Post#1609 » by pipfan » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:08 pm

Sato is a keeper for me, due to his versatility. He does not hurt the team, and I like his D

He is not a good starting PD, but he is a good 7th man who can fill in and start without a big drop off
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,546

Post#1610 » by PaKii94 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:54 pm

sco wrote:
wonderboy2 wrote:We should be shopping Sato. Dude is hog ****. I would take anything for him. A second round pick would do. But nobody probably wants him.

I'm not willing to flush Sato for essentially nothing. I'd like to see him on the floor with 4 decent players in a system with a decent coach. IMO, he's a decent distributing PG who plays ok defense. He has the size to play SG and SF, which has value next season, given our injuries in the past. He becomes an expiring contract on a usable player after next season, and could be a useful trade asset.

My biggest concern about the current team construction with starters of Coby, Zach, Otto, and Lauri starting is that we leave our bench without a scorer. Of course we'd need guys to stay healthy, but we'll need a coach who is smart enough not to do hockey line substitutions. My point is that Sato is a guy who you could plug in for Coby, Zach or Otto and not get hurt too much.

Yeah it's blame being misplaced. Sato isn't a game changer but he's not a flawed game breaker. Put him next to good players and he'll be a positive. It's like complaining the brakes on your sedan aren't top of the line when the engine is not functional
wonderboy2
Analyst

Post#1611 » by wonderboy2 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:43 am

Nope Sato is not good enough that you should Taylor your team for him. Dude was not ok on defense he was terrible. He was so terrible that Lavine had to guard the opposing teams best guard. Gill, Perdue, King, Goff, all called out Satos defense late in the season. Sato was scared as hell to shoot also. He passed up so many open shots so teammates would have to take tough contested shots. He also wasn’t effective in switches. Most point guards can attack bigs off the dribble. Sato had no blow by ability. He also missed bigs in transition way to many times. It’s not placing blame on a player it just calling it the way it is. This board has no problem bashing certain players. But in general this board protects its Euro players even if they play like ****. This board is the only board that gives Sato a pass. Dude sucked ass. Nobody was expecting him to be a star point guard but atleast be a starting quality point guard. Sato was possibly the worst starting point guard in the league last year. He’s a past first point guard that not a great passer. Couldnt even knock down WIDE OPEN 3s last year. Where I hoop at they don’t even know Satos name they just call him Mr. Invisble. Dude is trash.
wonderboy2
Analyst

Post#1612 » by wonderboy2 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:47 am

pipfan wrote:Sato is a keeper for me, due to his versatility. He does not hurt the team, and I like his D

He is not a good starting PD, but he is a good 7th man who can fill in and start without a big drop off

Sato was one of the bulls worse defenders last year. Literally all the bulls announcers called him out last year. There was so many times Lavine had to guard the best opposing guard once Dunn got injured. The only wing worse on defense last year was probably Valentine. Sato couldn’t guard any wings either. He got overpowered consistently. He’s definitely overpaid.
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#1613 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:20 am

Sato sucked ass last year.. Trade him! I rather keep KD.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,543

Post#1614 » by Andi Obst » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:21 am

I'm getting the feeling wonderboy doesn't like Sato. Just a feeling.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
wonderboy2
Analyst

Post#1615 » by wonderboy2 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:44 am

I would honestly salary dump Sato at this point. Hopefully he doesn’t get any minutes next year. If he does hopefully he gets minutes as a seldomly used backup PG/SG.
sco
RealGM

Post#1616 » by sco » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:01 pm

I will say that I really wouldn't mind if we let Dunn go, shift Sato to primarily back-up SG/SF and give the back-up PG minutes to Arci next season (assuming we don't draft a PG).
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,847

Post#1617 » by TheSuzerain » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:29 pm

Arci is basically a waste of time. We should draft a PG.
sco
RealGM

Post#1618 » by sco » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:44 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:Arci is basically a waste of time. We should draft a PG.

I am 200% focused on not drafting for need. If it's a PG, I'm cool. That said, as a back-up PG, Arci is as good as most, and cheap. I think the kid is underappreciated. He's not a starter, but he is smart tough, an ok playmaker and distributor, and an improved shooter.
wonderboy2
Analyst

Post#1619 » by wonderboy2 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:03 am

I would be fine picking up Isiah Thomas and releasing Sato. I wonder if teams would be willing to give the bulls a back up SF for him. Probably just wishful thinking. I think more teams value Dunn.
sco
RealGM

Post#1620 » by sco » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:39 am

wonderboy2 wrote:I would be fine picking up Isiah Thomas and releasing Sato. I wonder if teams would be willing to give the bulls a back up SF for him. Probably just wishful thinking. I think more teams value Dunn.

I loved IT pre-injuries. Did he show any signs of life this season?

Return to Chicago Bulls