Image ImageImage Image

OT: Knicks to pursue Thibs as HC

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

nitetrain8603
RealGM
And1: 1,692

Re: OT: Knicks to pursue Thibs as HC 

Post#101 » by nitetrain8603 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:43 pm

I hope the Knicks (and Bulls tbh) are looking at some of these guys to round out their coaching staffs.

I want Ron Adams back.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,188

Post#102 » by kodo » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:48 am

Jason Kidd vs Thibs is just a strange choice, unless they're just going for name power.

Thibs you're going to get a disciplinarian and micromanager who will install a system everyone MUST adhere to or it all breaks apart. He firmly believes 5 guys are tethered together and must follow the system.
Kidd is one of the looser "just let em play" coaches out there who believes in letting players control the action.

I don't understand how both can fulfill the same role in a FO strategy; again unless the strategy is to just get the most recognizable coach name in the seat.

Knicks Receive Permission From Lakers To Interview Jason Kidd As Head Coach

The New York Knicks have received permission from the Los Angeles Lakers to interview Jason Kidd.

WT
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,727

Post#103 » by Jeffster81 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:25 am

Hiring Kidd would be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NYKnicks.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,494

Post#104 » by dice » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:56 am

kodo wrote:Jason Kidd vs Thibs is just a strange choice, unless they're just going for name power.

Thibs you're going to get a disciplinarian and micromanager who will install a system everyone MUST adhere to or it all breaks apart. He firmly believes 5 guys are tethered together and must follow the system.
Kidd is one of the looser "just let em play" coaches out there who believes in letting players control the action.

I don't understand how both can fulfill the same role in a FO strategy; again unless the strategy is to just get the most recognizable coach name in the seat.

The New York Knicks have received permission from the Los Angeles Lakers to interview Jason Kidd.

WT

maybe they think their young personnel can be molded in a variety of ways and so they're just looking to draft BCA (best coach available)
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,134

Post#105 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:36 pm

dice wrote:
kodo wrote:Jason Kidd vs Thibs is just a strange choice, unless they're just going for name power.

WT

maybe they think their young personnel can be molded in a variety of ways and so they're just looking to draft BCA (best coach available)

Or that they are going to gut the team anyway and can rebuild around either coaches philosophy
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,193

Post#106 » by Red8911 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:01 pm

Jeffster81 wrote:Hiring Kidd would be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NYKnicks.

Why is Kidd considered a bum coach all of a sudden? He’s still one of the best and smartest PGs to ever play the game. Sure his Bucks job didn’t turn out great but in the beginning he did an ok job.That was only his first and only job as a head coach, doesn’t someone like J Kidd not deserve another chance ? The bulls should consider him as well.
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#107 » by TheFinishSniper » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:54 pm

Red8911 wrote:

Why is Kidd considered a bum coach all of a sudden? He’s still one of the best and smartest PGs to ever play the game. Sure his Bucks job didn’t turn out great but in the beginning he did an ok job.That was only his first and only job as a head coach, doesn’t someone like J Kidd not deserve another chance ? The bulls should consider him as well.

Only good decision of Kidd as coach overall was decision to give Giannis ball in his hands to develop as primarily ballhandler. Rest, yucks.
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#108 » by MrFortune3 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:12 pm

Red8911 wrote:

The Nets were his first job, he attempted a power play with the FO and ended up leaving(well, traded) for the Bucks, the Bucks soured on him and he got broomed.

Kidd is a meh HC.

He's similar to Joeger. Always clashes with the FO and eventually gets fired for it.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,494

Post#109 » by dice » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:18 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:
dice wrote:

WT

Or that they are going to gut the team anyway and can rebuild around either coaches philosophy

the team is already effectively gutted given that they're terrible
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
MrFortune3
General Manager

Post#110 » by MrFortune3 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:21 pm

The Knicks are casting a wide net and doing information gathering. So many different processes can work well in the NBA.
They are attempting to identify the way forward and in doing so it will set the tone for their franchise for many years to come.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,620

Post#111 » by dougthonus » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:22 pm

Red8911 wrote:Why is Kidd considered a bum coach all of a sudden? He’s still one of the best and smartest PGs to ever play the game. Sure his Bucks job didn’t turn out great but in the beginning he did an ok job.That was only his first and only job as a head coach, doesn’t someone like J Kidd not deserve another chance ? The bulls should consider him as well.

I don't know much about Jason Kidd as a coach, but I wouldn't look at playing career as strong evidence he will be a good coach, that traditionally hasn't worked out well. I'd be more excited for Griffin, Udoke, or Atkinson based on resume.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,188

Post#112 » by kodo » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:57 pm

Red8911 wrote:

I don't think he's considered a bad coach at all, he was heavily considered for the Lakers job which was probably the most desirable coaching gig at the time.

I do think he's considered a "player's coach" which means giving much more the control to the players and backing off from micromanagement.
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,727

Post#113 » by Jeffster81 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:16 am

MrFortune3 wrote:
Red8911 wrote:

The Nets were his first job, he attempted a power play with the FO and ended up leaving(well, traded) for the Bucks, the Bucks soured on him and he got broomed.

Kidd is a meh HC.

He's similar to Joeger. Always clashes with the FO and eventually gets fired for it.

Yep. I would be very annoyed if the Bulls were ever interested in Kidd as HC, which I am glad they are not.
MrFortune3
General Manager

Post#114 » by MrFortune3 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:33 pm

Jeffster81 wrote:
MrFortune3 wrote:
Red8911 wrote:Why is Kidd considered a bum coach all of a sudden? He’s still one of the best and smartest PGs to ever play the game. Sure his Bucks job didn’t turn out great but in the beginning he did an ok job.That was only his first and only job as a head coach, doesn’t someone like J Kidd not deserve another chance ? The bulls should consider him as well.

Kidd is a meh HC.

Yep. I would be very annoyed if the Bulls were ever interested in Kidd as HC, which I am glad they are not.

We've seen enough clashes with the FO under GarPax, don't need to start off with a HC who is known for it.
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,755

Post#115 » by Jcool0 » Thu Jul 9, 2020 10:07 pm

Read on Twitter
2018C3
Pro Prospect
And1: 539

Post#116 » by 2018C3 » Thu Jul 9, 2020 11:07 pm

2018C3
Pro Prospect
And1: 539

Post#117 » by 2018C3 » Thu Jul 9, 2020 11:08 pm

2018C3 wrote:
Red8911 wrote:

Not with us, there are better choices. The guy was never a great coach in the past, and also had to many screw ups with the law. Former wife beater, and dUI. There are plenty of guys who never screwed up and deserve a chance over him.

I'm still pulling for Adrian Griffin, I think it makes the most sense. A good guy and a excellent role model capable of leading a young roster by example down the right path to success. Not just in basketball play, (Although I believe he would be great), but also to achieve other long term future goals after basketball.
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,755

Post#118 » by Jcool0 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:37 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Chicago Bulls