Image ImageImage Image

2020 NBA Draft Thread: Bulls pick #7 (probably)

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,536

Re: 2020 NBA Draft Thread: Bulls pick #7 (probably) 

Post#1601 » by PaKii94 » Thu Jul 9, 2020 7:16 pm

rtblues wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:
Jvaughn wrote:
When it comes to breaking player movement or draft wishes, I can't recall him ever being at the forefront, but when it comes to tensions within the organization, he's usually right on the money. I hated when he wrote about the issues with Things and the FO or Jimmy and the team, but he was absolutely right in the end.

^that. But also I think Crowley is just going through all the prospects in the lotto. That doesn't imply the bulls are targeting/expecting that player to be there at 7

https://chicago.suntimes.com/bulls/2020/7/8/21317295/bulls-nba-draft-talk-point-guard-lamelo-ball

Yes I saw that. It's just a wish list of prospects. He's done an article for the other positions too
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#1602 » by MrFortune3 » Thu Jul 9, 2020 9:06 pm

I simply cannot imagine Chicago dealing with daddy Ball.
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#1603 » by StunnerKO » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:31 am

Lavar hasn’t been as annoying for a good min now , I’m still taking LAMELO if we are able . I would be more concerned if he had them goofs garpax in charge
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,755

Post#1604 » by Jcool0 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:35 am

Read on Twitter
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#1605 » by Jvaughn » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:50 am

MrFortune3 wrote:I simply cannot imagine Chicago dealing with daddy Ball.

He's actually been relatively quiet for the last couple of years. I'm sure the NBA stage would amp him back up, but I'm not sure it would be a huge issue anymore. Would hope NBA reporters wouldn't be clamoring to interview him nightly.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
othawhitemeat
Veteran
And1: 751

Post#1606 » by othawhitemeat » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:09 am

JohnnyKILLroy wrote:
othawhitemeat wrote:
Jvaughn wrote:
I agree on Martin Jr., but he's still young enough that I could see a 2 inch spurt being possible. Otherwise I definitely don't see wing skills yet.

I don't have a problem with Nesmith, I'm just not excited about him being a high end starter. I wouldn't be totally shocked, he just seems like a very average prospect. If it came down to it, I'd be way more prone to picking Vassell. I'm probably in the minority, but I still see a high ceiling with him.

Nah, I get it and like Vassell too. Vassell is a much smoother athlete. I've missed on many and been right by going with gut a few times. I love some shooters though.

Wrong -

1) Epke Udoh (thought his reach, athletic ability, and mid range was going to be legit)
2) Dante Exum (thought he was going to be a stud).
3) gorgui deng
4) Taj pick (couldn't stand that pick, but worked out well)
5) Thomas Robinson - thought he was going to be better

Right

1) Steph Curry - thought he was going to be the best of that draft including Griffin.
2) Paul George - thought he was top 2 in that draft. Also, liked Hayward in same draft.
3) Gary Harris
4) Liked Jeff Teague over James Johnson
5) LaVert over Denzel but understand the feet concerns

Udoh had 4man hype coming I feel that he’s be perfect coming in as a 5 so I don’t think you’re necessary wrong there

Exum too many injuries. Would’ve been a stud if he could’ve stayed healthy

Dieng is a per minute monster in the crappiest of situations. Should’ve been a starting C right off the bat.

TRob remember when he had delusions of being a 3? Would probably be a 5 coming out now.

Appreciate it
othawhitemeat
Veteran

Post#1607 » by othawhitemeat » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:11 am

bledredwine wrote:
othawhitemeat wrote:
Jvaughn wrote:
I agree on Martin Jr., but he's still young enough that I could see a 2 inch spurt being possible. Otherwise I definitely don't see wing skills yet.

I don't have a problem with Nesmith, I'm just not excited about him being a high end starter. I wouldn't be totally shocked, he just seems like a very average prospect. If it came down to it, I'd be way more prone to picking Vassell. I'm probably in the minority, but I still see a high ceiling with him.

Nah, I get it and like Vassell too. Vassell is a much smoother athlete. I've missed on many and been right by going with gut a few times. I love some shooters though.

Wrong -

1) Epke Udoh (thought his reach, athletic ability, and mid range was going to be legit)
2) Dante Exum (thought he was going to be a stud).
3) gorgui deng
4) Taj pick (couldn't stand that pick, but worked out well)
5) Thomas Robinson - thought he was going to be better

Right

1) Steph Curry - thought he was going to be the best of that draft including Griffin.
2) Paul George - thought he was top 2 in that draft. Also, liked Hayward in same draft.
3) Gary Harris
4) Liked Jeff Teague over James Johnson
5) LaVert over Denzel but understand the feet concerns

Dude, you and I are the same. I predicted Steph and PG- I was campaigning to trade for the fifth pick and draft Pg. I also thought Thomas Robinson was going to be a beast. Man was I wrong.

We twinning, jk
MrFortune3
General Manager

Post#1608 » by MrFortune3 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:40 am

Jvaughn wrote:

He's actually been relatively quiet for the last couple of years. I'm sure the NBA stage would amp him back up, but I'm not sure it would be a huge issue anymore. Would hope NBA reporters wouldn't be clamoring to interview him nightly.

He’s been quiet because Big Baller went belly up and Lonzo won’t fund it.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,504

Post#1609 » by Andi Obst » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:29 am

I wouldn't worry about LaVar at all, but I don't think we'll be lucky enough to be in a position to draft LaMelo. He'll go top 3 for sure, probably first.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#1610 » by drosereturn » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:17 am

Has nothing to do with it. If the Bulls dont draft Lamelo, they are just disregarding talent in favor of character which has been GarPaxs philosophy for yrs.
Based on need, I would be very satisfied with either Ball or Deni.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
MrFortune3
General Manager

Post#1611 » by MrFortune3 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:23 am

Showtime23 wrote:

Has nothing to do with it. If the Bulls dont draft Lamelo, they are just disregarding talent in favor of character which has been GarPaxs philosophy for yrs.

It’s not that I believe the Bulls would pass on him because of LaVar, I just can’t imagine them dealing with him and not telling someone to make him be quiet.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,615

Post#1612 » by sco » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:13 pm

Showtime23 wrote:

The good thing about the Ball boys is that they don't seem to be attitude problem guys. It may stem from their games which are about being non-ball dominant PG's.
:clap:
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#1613 » by drosereturn » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:00 pm

Little Nathan wrote:I wouldn't worry about LaVar at all, but I don't think we'll be lucky enough to be in a position to draft LaMelo. He'll go top 3 for sure, probably first.

My draft fantasy.

Promise Lavar as some assistant position for life in return for 3 ball brothers and force lamelo pull out a Kobe stunt he aint gonna play for any other team than the Bulls. Draft Ball at #7 so a top 3 pick falling to 7 is worth it alone.
Get liangelo for free since his father said so and use that peer pressure to get lonzo.
If the two younger brothers are studs at pg, sg liangelo gotta be a stud wing like Tatum someday with his good genes from his father.

Lineup
Ball-rfa extension 15mil
Ball-rookie contract
Ball-free
Superstar FA (Giannis)- 40mil (Lavine, White, Carter, 3 picks, sign and trade)
Lauri- rfa extension 15mil

Fill the bench with quality ringchasers and get eric gordon, harrell,millsap, teague, favors.
I dont need another superstar but I guess guys like cupcake, Butler and Dipo will be begging to join to impersonate the next MJ.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
othawhitemeat
Veteran

Post#1614 » by othawhitemeat » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:06 pm

sco wrote:
Showtime23 wrote:

The good thing about the Ball boys is that they don't seem to be attitude problem guys. It may stem from their games which are about being non-ball dominant PG's.

I never thought I would want a Ball on this team, but seeing the improvements Lonzo made and LeMelo is supposedly more talented, I would love to draft Ball. I think the key to Lavar is not letting him get his reign in. If LaMelo was to tell Lavar to stop, he will only be a pesk occassionally. If the Bulls allow for Lavar to be an issue, it will be. The good news is that I have seen LaMelo say in a tweet calling out Lavar when being rumored to Warriors and Lavar said LeMelo needs more free reign to control the ball and LaMelo said to chill.

LaMelo would make our team better with his ball distribution, defensive ability, and bball IQ in my opinion. I think he or Deni would be the best chances of High IQ playmakers in this draft. I am not big on Anthony Edwards and don't know what to think of Obi Toppin. Wiseman, I am very intrigued by, but would want to know his work ethic since he quit pretty early in season. I won't go on about Nesmith as my guy.
Ayman78
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#1615 » by Ayman78 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:48 pm

Showtime23 wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:I wouldn't worry about LaVar at all, but I don't think we'll be lucky enough to be in a position to draft LaMelo. He'll go top 3 for sure, probably first.

My draft fantasy.

Promise Lavar as some assistant position for life in return for 3 ball brothers and force lamelo pull out a Kobe stunt he aint gonna play for any other team than the Bulls. Draft Ball at #7 so a top 3 pick falling to 7 is worth it alone.
Get liangelo for free since his father said so and use that peer pressure to get lonzo.
If the two younger brothers are studs at pg, sg liangelo gotta be a stud wing like Tatum someday with his good genes from his father.

Lineup
Ball-rfa extension 15mil
Ball-rookie contract
Ball-free

Fill the bench with quality ringchasers and get eric gordon, harrell,millsap, teague, favors.
I dont need another superstar but I guess guys like cupcake, Butler and Dipo will be begging to join to impersonate the next MJ.

This sounds a lot like tampering and while I'm not sure this is against the rules, but I would expect fines and other sanctions. That could lead to an extra 10 years to the rebuild.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,007

Post#1616 » by MrSparkle » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:05 pm

Showtime23 wrote:

My draft fantasy.

Lineup
Ball-rfa extension 15mil
Ball-rookie contract
Ball-free

:ouch:

Who gets to dribble the ball the most?

I'm sure AK, Reinsdorf and Pax are giving Lavar the keys to the Bulls. :lol:
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

2020 NBA Draft Thread: Bulls pick #7 (probably) 

Post#1617 » by StunnerKO » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:55 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Thedragonking
Ballboy
And1: 50

Post#1618 » by Thedragonking » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:26 pm

In an interview about a year ago, after being asked what's his favourite team, Deni avdija answer was the chicago bulls!

https://youtu.be/Mo1t1vdJsNQ

At the 3:38 minute mark in the video.
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,083

Post#1619 » by MGB8 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:40 pm

StunnerKO wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

May be a great player (or not), but boy is that a terrible name for a baller...

"The Bulls are literally throwing scrubs out there!"
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,615

Post#1620 » by sco » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:40 am

MGB8 wrote:
StunnerKO wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

May be a great player (or not), but boy is that a terrible name for a baller...

"The Bulls are literally throwing scrubs out there!"

Why not add one more...we've had his four brothers out there for us the last couple years.
:clap:

Return to Chicago Bulls