ImageImage

Deni Avdija Full "UNGUARDABLE" 2019/20 Highlights ● The Next STAR!

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,615

Re: Deni Avdija Full "UNGUARDABLE" 2019/20 Highlights ● The Next STAR! 

Post#21 » by kg01 » Sun May 24, 2020 11:33 am

Spud2nique wrote:For every Luka there will be a bust like this dude. Hoping he makes it for his sake I don’t wanna knock the kid but this style of frantic bs ain’t gonna fly in the NBA. He’s gonna be Bender ish... Saric ish .

I see Boris Diaw.
king01 :king:
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,867

Post#22 » by jayu70 » Sun May 24, 2020 1:01 pm

kg01 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:For every Luka there will be a bust like this dude. Hoping he makes it for his sake I don’t wanna knock the kid but this style of frantic bs ain’t gonna fly in the NBA. He’s gonna be Bender ish... Saric ish .

I see Boris Diaw.

Which version of Diaw? Hawks, Suns,Spurs?
kg01
General Manager

Post#23 » by kg01 » Fri May 29, 2020 1:01 pm

jayu70 wrote:
kg01 wrote:

I see Boris Diaw.

Which version of Diaw? Hawks, Suns,Spurs?

Probably Suns version? Useful player. Would probably regret taking him in the lotto.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,337

Post#24 » by Jamaaliver » Fri May 29, 2020 5:19 pm

Read on Twitter
jayu70
RealGM

Post#25 » by jayu70 » Fri May 29, 2020 7:02 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#26 » by Jamaaliver » Sun May 31, 2020 5:23 pm

Chris Kirchner wrote:Deni Avdija, F, Maccabi Tel Aviv

What the Hawks are missing in their young forwards is someone who can be a high-level playmaker. Avdija can be that kind of player in the NBA and would fit nicely with what the Hawks have in De’Andre Hunter and Cam Reddish. In the Hawks’ heavy pick-and-roll and transition offense, Avdija would thrive as a facilitator. He’s especially quick running a transition offense and has a knack for looking ahead on a fast break to find the open man.

He perfectly fits the Hawks’ offensive shot profile, too, as someone who gets most of his points from finishing at the rim and from 3
...having Avdija would give the Hawks another threat at the rim. He has no problem driving to the basket and trying to finish through contact. Avdija was also solid defensively in Europe, but his projection on defense in the NBA is suspect because he doesn’t have the length to be a rim-protecting four, like Hunter, and I don’t know if he has the quickness to guard wings on the perimeter. His positional fit definitely has the potential to be a problem.

His shooting is also concerning. It’s rare for someone to be an effective shooter in the NBA with how poor of a free-throw shooter he is (below 56 percent this season). His foul-shooting percentages are so dreadful that it should give teams pause on projecting his future, especially if he’s being considered as a top-five pick.

If his shooting can be corrected, his feel for the game and the ability to be a playmaking forward would be a nice addition for the Hawks. His shot already looks like it’s getting better.
The Athletic
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,429

Post#27 » by CP War Hawks » Sun May 31, 2020 6:19 pm

Seems to remind me of Bertans. I mean if he's a plus finisher that's a good player for the core. Considering he has years of pro experience that should make him more NBA ready.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#28 » by Jamaaliver » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:34 pm

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#29 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Jul 1, 2020 3:31 am

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#30 » by Jamaaliver » Sun Jul 5, 2020 8:03 pm

Read on Twitter
jayu70
RealGM

Post#31 » by jayu70 » Tue Jul 7, 2020 2:21 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#32 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:15 am

I'm really afraid this kid is Jan Vessely/Andrea Barngnani reborn...but he's played well of late and seems like a really good fit for us.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Chris Kirchner wrote:...I feel like [Avdija] makes sense for what the Hawks could use. Reddish and Hunter haven’t shown much creation yet...Avdija has that playmaking ability right now, and I feel like he would be a good fit.

John Hollinger wrote:As for Avdija...I agree with you that he should be a person of interest for Atlanta. The Hawks could use another combo forward regardless of how they plan to line up next year; the worst-case scenario is that Avdija could back up both forward spots in a hybrid of the Bembry and Vince Carter roles. He has played well in Israel since play resumed there and has likely helped his draft stock some.
The Athletic
kg01
General Manager

Post#33 » by kg01 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:17 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:I'm really afraid this kid is Jan Vessely/Andrea Barngnani reborn...but he's played well of late and seems like a really good fit for us.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Chris Kirchner wrote:...I feel like [Avdija] makes sense for what the Hawks could use. Reddish and Hunter haven’t shown much creation yet...Avdija has that playmaking ability right now, and I feel like he would be a good fit.

John Hollinger wrote:As for Avdija...I agree with you that he should be a person of interest for Atlanta. The Hawks could use another combo forward regardless of how they plan to line up next year; the worst-case scenario is that Avdija could back up both forward spots in a hybrid of the Bembry and Vince Carter roles. He has played well in Israel since play resumed there and has likely helped his draft stock some.
The Athletic

Although I think he's a solid pick in his own right, I think he'd just be another guy if no one had ever heard of Looka Donc.

He's certainly played well as of late but I liken this performance to folks falling in love with a guy that goes off in the NCAA tournament even though he's shown to be kinda middling during the season.

(Holy run-on sentence, batman) :lol:
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#34 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:46 am

An inside look at top 2020 NBA Draft prospect Deni Avdija

Could his playmaking skills make him a good fit

Read on Twitter

If I look at the top-three places to land...I think Atlanta can be a great fit from the perspective because they’re a young team. If he can maintain a 35% from the 3-point line, and make good reads both offensively and defensively, he can be a good fit with Steph Curry and Klay Thompson in Golden State. When I imagine Avdija’s smarts in terms of making the right cuts, and right plays, he would work well with Steph and Klay. I think people in Israel are drooling at the thought of Avdija joining the Warriors. One possible knock is that Avdija is such a young player, so he might not fit with a team whose championship window is now.

He played more minutes against top competition than the other top prospects in the draft. He’s been playing in the EuroLeague, now in the Israeli League, which is the best outside of the NBA. With so many former NBA players playing here, the game resembles more of the pro style, than it does the NCAA. The other thing is playing with Maccabi, which is a club that has won more than 50 championships. They’re a European powerhouse. When you play for Maccabi, you’re expected to win every game, and every quarter. They had a couple of down years, and when they got Casspi and Avdija, they became a contender again.

He knows what the pressure is like. You have hundreds of thousands of supporters. Playing with Maccabi is one of the best places to prepare yourself mentally for the NBA. They play two-or-three games a week, so he’s getting in a lot of game minutes. His nature, and maturity make him a fit. I don’t know if he can be a starter on a championship team, but if he can keep improving his shooting, I think he can be an amazing fit in Steve Kerr’s style of play.
GSW -- SB Nation
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#35 » by Spud2nique » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:29 am

I think this guy is gonna bust hard. Just an absolute abysmal prospect. If this guy turns out to be a top 5 pick in this draft, I GUARANTEE a scout will get fired.
graymule
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,421

Post#36 » by graymule » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:55 am

:crazy:

This guy is great! AND, HE CAN'T MAKE HIS FREE THROWS?? Bull feathers. If he can't score from the line, forget him.
I agree with Spud.

:roll:
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#37 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:42 am

Prospect Spotlight: Deni Avdija

Read on Twitter

A 6’9” combo forward, Avdija is probably better suited to be a small-ball four in the NBA. Nonetheless, he has shown impressive versatility on both sides of the floor where he is also proving to be a much better wing defender than initially expected. His inconsistent three-point shot remains his Achilles’ heel, but the rest of his game is airtight. Avdija’s versatility and overall skill set have led me to draw comparisons to European players like Nemanja Bjelica, Dejan Bodiroga, Danilo Gallinari, and Toni Kukoc. His ability as a facilitator at 6’9” also reminds me of Ben Simmons. Avdija is the most polished European prospect I have seen since Luka Doncic.

Another common theme that has become evident in Avdija’s development is the fact that he seems to be continuously improving — he has looked better each time I have seen him. Whether it be an aspect of his game that he has mastered, a new skill that he has added, or visible improvements in his body, I believe it all to be a testament to his reputation of being such a hard worker. He also appears to be exceptionally mature and poised for a 19-year-old. I have spoken with many different intel sources and have been impressed with the positive feedback. Off-the-court he is a player that you would want as a part of your organization.
Babcock Hoops
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#38 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:06 am

jayu70
RealGM

Post#39 » by jayu70 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:20 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#40 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:18 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Atlanta Hawks