ImageImageImageImageImage

Raps getting new uniforms for the 2021 season

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

DangerZone13
Senior
And1: 685

Re: Raps getting new uniforms for the 2021 season 

Post#161 » by DangerZone13 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:29 am

These, with the modified logo TurboZone posted, feels like the right way to go. My only notes on this would be that:
1.While I love that you kept the pinstripes, always liked them, historically pinstripes take a bit away from the timelessness of it. Teams that we think of that classically have them, seem to switch back and forth. We need our jerseys to be able to stick for 10+ years to help re-establish our new identity
2. Love the chevron on the one leg. That's the perfect use for it to keep that Game 6 jersey in there, but without the weird body lines it creates using the current design.
3. The Raptors are still Canada's team, if we do away with red, maybe maple leaf tips above the player's name instead of the classic triangles? Because, while a very cool addition to the shorts, really, we never really notice the leaf on the waistband, right?
4. To make up for stripping those classic elements, maybe implement the classic numbers?
Just my own opinions, but you've already done some great work here.
[quote="Davey0]Image
[/quote]
:banghead: "Calling out trolls" by quoting them makes YOU part of the problem to those wise enough to use the Ignore button. Please don't add to board pollution.
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,599

Post#162 » by 2019nbachamps » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:26 pm

Davey0 wrote:Sorry if It seems I keep adding my concepts to this post. But with curiosity ( and for the fun of it ), I thought about what direction the Raps will go. So i'd tried with this:

For the logo, they mentioned a "tweak". So imo, I think its going to be a re-colour. Maybe add purple? Or go full gold and black? I'd be okay if they went black and gold. Its different from the other teams and they would stand out. They've also used a combination of there retro design on the city edition ( with Toronto ) and, went back to there old school retro nights during the past season. So I figured why not make a combination of both? Use the black and gold colour scheme and combine it with the Raps retro look. A minor addition with the "North" shorts and the city edition to it and this is the concept I came up with.

Again it was all for fun. Stay safe everyone !

These would be the hottest jerseys in team history
RaptorPride
General Manager
And1: 17,505

Post#163 » by RaptorPride » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:04 pm

Spoiler:

xAIRNESSx
RealGM
And1: 13,154

Post#164 » by xAIRNESSx » Thu Jul 9, 2020 5:45 pm

Pierce said the purple dinos are the worst jersey in NBA history.

Read on Twitter
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,614

Post#165 » by OakleyDokely » Thu Jul 9, 2020 5:46 pm

xAIRNESSx wrote:Pierce said the purple dinos are the worst jersey in NBA history.

Read on Twitter
Those glasses he's wearing are the worst in NBA history.
Shimso
Starter
And1: 2,703

Post#166 » by Shimso » Thu Jul 9, 2020 11:32 pm

Let's stop caring about what Paul Pierce says.

DangerZone13 wrote:These, with the modified logo TurboZone posted, feels like the right way to go. My only notes on this would be that:
1.While I love that you kept the pinstripes, always liked them, historically pinstripes take a bit away from the timelessness of it. Teams that we think of that classically have them, seem to switch back and forth. We need our jerseys to be able to stick for 10+ years to help re-establish our new identity
2. Love the chevron on the one leg. That's the perfect use for it to keep that Game 6 jersey in there, but without the weird body lines it creates using the current design.
3. The Raptors are still Canada's team, if we do away with red, maybe maple leaf tips above the player's name instead of the classic triangles? Because, while a very cool addition to the shorts, really, we never really notice the leaf on the waistband, right?
4. To make up for stripping those classic elements, maybe implement the classic numbers?
[quote="Davey0]Image
[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Add a purple "Toronto" alternate and you've got a perfect set of jerseys.
Mattd97
Head Coach
And1: 2,490

Post#167 » by Mattd97 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:45 am

xAIRNESSx wrote:Pierce said the purple dinos are the worst jersey in NBA history.

Read on Twitter

Is Paul pierce ever right about anything?
vergogna wrote:- game starts at 3.50
- nice passing at 4.15
- BARGS REBOUND at 4.47
- BARGS REBOUND (almost) at 6.23
casual_raps_fan
Pro Prospect
And1: 616

Post#168 » by casual_raps_fan » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:55 am

Mattd97 wrote:

Read on Twitter

He's like the ironic comic relief character in a cartoon. Even his nickname is 'The Truth'.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,575

Post#169 » by Raps in 4 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:17 am

casual_raps_fan wrote:
Mattd97 wrote:

Read on Twitter

He's like the ironic comic relief character in a cartoon. Even his nickname is 'The Truth'.

Paul Pierce is a meme.
OGLife
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,892

Post#170 » by OGLife » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:26 am

Am I the only one who wants a return of the Huskies as an alternative?

Make the purple the main jersey, a white one and a black one. Then bring the Huskies!
nivisi9
Senior
And1: 396

Post#171 » by nivisi9 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:46 am

As a few have mentioned these are hands down the best Raptor jersey, and probably their most popular ever.

Does anyone have a more modernized mock up design of these?

I am surprised I haven't seen one before. Would be awesome if they brought back some version of these.

Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,234

Post#172 » by Dalek » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:54 am

nivisi9 wrote:As a few have mentioned these are hands down the best Raptor jersey, and probably their most popular ever.

Does anyone have a more modernized mock up design of these?

I am surprised I haven't seen one before. Would be awesome if they brought back some version of these.

I fell i love with these jerseys when I played NBA Live 2004. I just loved looking at the two-tone, and the purple colour popped on my boxy computer monitor.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,530

Post#173 » by WuTang_OG » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:38 pm

Stay away from purple. Terrible mix with the red.

I dont think they are messin with their colour scheme which is Red, Black, White. ... then Gold and Silver as accents.

Might be a little too much at times.

I do love our red and white colour scheme on the jerseys we wore when we won it

wouldnt mind seeing a White, Red, Gold jersey like San fran 49ers
Mark_83
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,207

Post#174 » by Mark_83 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:49 pm

I'm sick of the watermelon. Go back to the claw or the Raptor so I can buy merch again. :lol:
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,915

Post#175 » by Johnny Bball » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:52 pm

RaptorPride wrote:Image

Honestly... the purple and green is way better than the purple and red. Reminds me of The Hulk.
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#176 » by macNcheese3 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:58 pm

DangerZone13 wrote:These, with the modified logo TurboZone posted, feels like the right way to go. My only notes on this would be that:
[quote="Davey0]Image
[/quote][/quote]

I quite like these
Young_Buc
General Manager
And1: 9,130

Post#177 » by Young_Buc » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:43 am

macNcheese3 wrote:
[quote="Davey0]Image
[/quote][/quote][/quote]

I quite like these[/quote]

As said by many in this thread THESE are the go to's. Why they can't just make these and give us a dino logo is beyond me.

Also, modernize throwback with new dino for city jersey and cooler red and white north jersey (maybe same style as these)
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#178 » by macNcheese3 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:26 am

Young_Buc wrote:
macNcheese3 wrote:
[quote="Davey0]Image
[/quote][/quote][/quote]

I quite like these[/quote][/quote][/quote]

As said by many in this thread THESE are the go to's. Why they can't just make these and give us a dino logo is beyond me.

Also, modernize throwback with new dino for city jersey and cooler red and white north jersey (maybe same style as these)[/quote]

Love them. Clean looking jerseys. Maybe could add the raptor as another alternate road jersey
TheRealDeal
RealGM
And1: 11,823

Post#179 » by TheRealDeal » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:20 am

I think the jerseys we won our championship in will/should be our new uniforms
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#180 » by J-Roc » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:55 am

[quote="Davey0]Image
[/quote][/quote]

Perfect, just get rid of the pinstripes and fix that silly font.

Return to Toronto Raptors