Gregg Popovich On Bubble: 'I Don't Know Where Else You Would Be As Safe As We Are Right Now'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Gregg Popovich On Bubble: 'I Don't Know Where Else You Would Be As Safe As We Are Right Now' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:02 am

Gregg Popovich said he briefly thought about sitting out the bubble due to health concerns related to COVID-19, but decided to go after understanding the league's safety protocols for the bubble.  

"From an intellectual point of view and a medical point of view, I would have to say not probably, but I am safer here -- if this bubble works -- I'm safer here than I would be in Texas. For sure. As you see what's going on there," said Popovich.

The 71-year-old was medically cleared to join the bubble.

Popovich added that the return of the season could give the league an opportunity to continue to speak out against social injustice.

"People will enjoy the games and the athleticism and the losses and the wins and the excitement, but the message that the league wants to send is one of equity. And no injustice for anyone and making sure people have to think about it every day. Whether it's a coach or player speaking up, it's the momentum that we have to keep, and the league can be a great communicator for that."

Via Royce Young/ESPN

TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 518

Re: Gregg Popovich On Bubble: 'I Don't Know Where Else You Would Be As Safe As We Are Right Now' 

Post#3 » by TheCage4 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:26 pm

I like how Pop threw in, “If this bubble works.” I’m sure if it doesn’t, he’ll blame Trump.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore

Return to Wiretap Discussion