ImageImageImageImage

Jonathan Isaac ran for the first time since Jan. 1 this week

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,151

Re: Jonathan Isaac ran for the first time since Jan. 1 this week 

Post#121 » by Knightro » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:58 pm

Read on Twitter

Isaac is practicing, but it appears he's in a non-contact outfit.
Bakomagic
Bench Warmer
And1: 893

Post#122 » by Bakomagic » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:09 am

Good to see Isaac at least practicing with the team. I still hope he gets to play some. I really like that our young guys (Fultz, Bamba, Isaac are getting a chance to play in the playoffs early in their careers, I feel like it can boost a young guys development when they get to play in the most competitive environment where defenses tighten up, offenses are looking for the highest percentage shots and every possession/game means more. The more those three play in that type of environment the better imo !

It took our veteran core AG, Fournier, and Vuc 4,5, and 6 years to get a taste of the playoffs (playing in a meaningful role). I'm also excited to see how they approach this years playoff now that they have an idea of what playoff intensity is all about.
jayrehme
Sixth Man
And1: 508

Post#123 » by jayrehme » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:03 am

Bakomagic wrote:Good to see Isaac at least practicing with the team. I still hope he gets to play some. I really like that our young guys (Fultz, Bamba, Isaac are getting a chance to play in the playoffs early in their careers, I feel like it can boost a young guys development when they get to play in the most competitive environment where defenses tighten up, offenses are looking for the highest percentage shots and every possession/game means more. The more those three play in that type of environment the better imo !

It took our veteran core AG, Fournier, and Vuc 4,5, and 6 years to get a taste of the playoffs (playing in a meaningful role). I'm also excited to see how they approach this years playoff now that they have an idea of what playoff intensity is all about.

Wait, there's a chance Isaac could play? That's great news. He's a game-changer defensively. It'll be interesting to see which players have been working hard with their time off... perfect time for everyone to master their shooting.
Bakomagic
Bench Warmer

Post#124 » by Bakomagic » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:06 am

jayrehme wrote:
Bakomagic wrote:Good to see Isaac at least practicing with the team. I still hope he gets to play some. I really like that our young guys (Fultz, Bamba, Isaac are getting a chance to play in the playoffs early in their careers, I feel like it can boost a young guys development when they get to play in the most competitive environment where defenses tighten up, offenses are looking for the highest percentage shots and every possession/game means more. The more those three play in that type of environment the better imo !

Wait, there's a chance Isaac could play? That's great news. He's a game-changer defensively. It'll be interesting to see which players have been working hard with their time off... perfect time for everyone to master their shooting.

I have no idea, just saying I hope he does. I mean he is in the bubble and it wouldn’t be beneficial to waste a bubble spot on someone who the team has no intention of playing, especially considering the higher likelihood of players getting sick or injured.

I’m pretty sure if and when a team brings someone into the bubble to replace a player they would have to quarantine first ?
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,969

Post#125 » by KillMonger » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:15 am

hoping he plays as long as he's healthy and wants to play, even just to get some minutes here then more in the playoffs.
TheGlyde
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 559

Post#126 » by TheGlyde » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:15 am

Bakomagic wrote:
jayrehme wrote:

I have no idea, just saying I hope he does. I mean he is in the bubble and it wouldn’t be beneficial to waste a bubble spot on someone who the team has no intention of playing, especially considering the higher likelihood of players getting sick or injured.

I’m pretty sure if and when a team brings someone into the bubble to replace a player they would have to quarantine first ?

They would have to yes. The Nets signed Mike Beasley and he has to quarantine for 6 days as he hasn't been tested over the past several weeks while players on rosters were being tested.

Counting Isaac, the Magic have 14 players in the bubble, with Fultz and Ennis still on the outside.

Forward depth is a bit of an issue, with really only Gordon/Clark at PF, with Ennis/Wes at SF and then the G leaguers (Frazier/BJ/Law) or sliding Birch over which had not worked.

There will be meaningful minutes for at least three of Clark/Ennis/Wes and Birch I think...

If Ennis tests positive again and doesn't go to Disney (ala Dinwiddie), it could put some pressure on the plans to not suit Isaac up.
Orlando Magic Historian

Magic Player History on Instagram

Also on Twitter & Youtube
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,533

Post#127 » by Furinkazan » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:25 am

They are going too keep Isaac from playing till he is 40 years old...?
Bakomagic
Bench Warmer

Post#128 » by Bakomagic » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:44 pm

I really don’t want to see Birch,Clark, Ennis,Wes on Siakim or Giannis.

Our very low chances of making the series competitive improve if we can throw AG and Isaac at Siakim/Giannis for a full 48 minutes!

Even if they wanted to start Isaac off the bench and on a minutes restriction they could do something, like AG 32 minutes a game at PF and Isaac 16 minutes at PF.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,891

Post#129 » by drsd » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:57 am

Knightro wrote:
Read on Twitter

Isaac is practicing, but it appears he's in a non-contact outfit.

Augustin was wearing a hoody, and Ross and Birch were in street-ball gear.

drsd
RealGM

Post#130 » by drsd » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:29 am

The feet are level in the bottom of the image so I think this is a good framing.

Isaac is 6' 13" - at least. He might be 6' 14" .

basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,688

Post#131 » by basketballRob » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:46 am

drsd wrote:The feet are level in the bottom of the image so I think this is a good framing.

Isaac is 6' 13" - at least. He might be 6' 14" .

Vuc and Isaac are both officially 6'11", Mo is 7'.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
drsd
RealGM

Post#132 » by drsd » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:48 pm

basketballRob wrote:Vuc and Isaac are both officially 6'11", Mo is 7'.

Yes: And the point is that Isaac is probably AT-LEAST 2 inches taller than his official height.

Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#133 » by Knightro » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:48 pm

Read on Twitter

The Magic's final bubble game is August 13th and their first playoff game is approximately August 18th.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#134 » by Knightro » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:02 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
drsd
RealGM

Post#135 » by drsd » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:56 pm

The full Isaac video:

Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#136 » by Knightro » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:18 pm

Read on Twitter

Isaac throwing down some dunks during workouts.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#137 » by Knightro » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:21 pm

Read on Twitter
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,299

Post#138 » by NotACat » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:34 pm