ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Regular Season Thread Vol. Iggy

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread Vol. Iggy 

Post#1461 » by puppa bear » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:56 am

Beal replying to Jae’s tweet (someone else embed, I never figured out how to on my phone -
Read on Twitter
?s=21) continuing his off-season Heat flirtations.
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#1462 » by puppa bear » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:00 am

dean456 wrote:So I was listening to the five on the floor podcast and they were talking about Oladipo being pissed with Indianna only offering him a new contract of 4 years 80mil which would be a starting salary of something like $18.6mil which had me thinking that Oladipo's market might be lower than we expect and signing Olidipo and Giannis could be a possibility in 2021.

It was recently reported from two league sources who told the IndyStar that “Oladipo wants two things: the most money possible [he will be 29 next year] and the chance to win big in the playoffs.”

The NBA is also apparently looking into the possibility of giving teams another amnesty provision, which if approved we would likely use to remove Ryan Anderson's $5,214,584 off our books which would allow us to offer Oladipo a $20,240,000 starting salary if we sign Giannis to a max.

In this circumstance I'm assuming that Riley would have some kind of discussion with Giannis to say If he say take a little less money, say the extra he would make because of the no income tax he could then guarantee Oladipo coming here with him plus resign Bam, Robinson and Nunn he would at least consider that.

I don’t see any true max players taking less than the max for a while - the market will be lower because of COVID-19.

Dipo already earning $21m per, he’s not taking a lower starting number to be anywhere. Not surprised he’s not happy with the offer from Indy. They can’t offer him as much now as they can in FA, and someone will give him a 4-year max offer in FA, so they need to either match that or he’ll walk. We probably need to sign one max FA (Giannis ) and then use S&T to secure the next big piece.
MartyCONLONNN
Analyst
And1: 2,315

Post#1463 » by MartyCONLONNN » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:42 pm

puppa bear wrote:Beal replying to Jae’s tweet (someone else embed, I never figured out how to on my phone -
Read on Twitter
?s=21) continuing his off-season Heat flirtations.

Someone else put up a tweet that Beal liked where a random heat fan wished him happy bday saying he hopes he joins the Heat. Definitely purposeful to "like" that particular tweet considering how many tweets he got from his bday and that's the only 1 mentioning him playing somewhere else and of course it's Miami. The dude doesn't stop lol and it's a little annoying at this point because IMO he's trolling.
TMIMITW
Sixth Man
And1: 1,258

Post#1464 » by TMIMITW » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:12 pm

Mod since we are finally in the bubble, time for a new thread IGGY is olllld and old news lol
Kevin Durrant is the best WNBA player in the NBA!
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#1465 » by HeatFanLifer » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:20 pm

TMIMITW wrote:Mod since we are finally in the bubble, time for a new thread IGGY is olllld and old news lol

Release us from this curse. Start a thread.

OP for NBA FT record
TMIMITW
Sixth Man
And1: 1,258

Post#1466 » by TMIMITW » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:32 pm

HeatFanLifer wrote:
TMIMITW wrote:Mod since we are finally in the bubble, time for a new thread IGGY is olllld and old news lol

Release us from this curse. Start a thread.

I just did lol
Kevin Durrant is the best WNBA player in the NBA!
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,248

Post#1467 » by twix2500 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:12 pm

dean456 wrote:So I was listening to the five on the floor podcast and they were talking about Oladipo being pissed with Indianna only offering him a new contract of 4 years 80mil which would be a starting salary of something like $18.6mil which had me thinking that Oladipo's market might be lower than we expect and signing Olidipo and Giannis could be a possibility in 2021.

It was recently reported from two league sources who told the IndyStar that “Oladipo wants two things: the most money possible [he will be 29 next year] and the chance to win big in the playoffs.”

The NBA is also apparently looking into the possibility of giving teams another amnesty provision, which if approved we would likely use to remove Ryan Anderson's $5,214,584 off our books which would allow us to offer Oladipo a $20,240,000 starting salary if we sign Giannis to a max.

In this circumstance I'm assuming that Riley would have some kind of discussion with Giannis to say If he say take a little less money, say the extra he would make because of the no income tax he could then guarantee Oladipo coming here with him plus resign Bam, Robinson and Nunn he would at least consider that.

Yeah I said this a few weeks ago, I do not think Oladipo is valued as a max player. He only had one great year. However it only takes one team to Mike Conley him. I do believe the Heat will offer him over 20 but not max dollars.
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,761

Post#1468 » by QUIZ » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:52 pm

Iggy better not make the first GT. :nonono:
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda

Return to Miami Heat