ImageImageImageImageImage

Avery Bradley will opt out of returning this season

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Re: Avery Bradley will opt out of returning this season 

Post#21 » by Landsberger » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:00 pm

Playing time hasn't been Kuzma's issue.... its been the system. He's being used as a floor spacer most of the time which isn't where he brings the most value.
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#22 » by kblo247 » Thu Jul 9, 2020 5:19 am

Landsberger wrote:Playing time hasn't been Kuzma's issue.... its been the system. He's being used as a floor spacer most of the time which isn't where he brings the most value.

It has been the issue actually. Kuzma scores at the same exact rate per minute as the year before. He just plays 9mins less a night. He even converts at the rim at nearly the same rate with better defensive metrics. He just doesn’t get time. And KCP is a the other victim of that on the year actually.
lazybatman
Sixth Man
And1: 876

Post#23 » by lazybatman » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:19 pm

I think this is crucial. AB basically played Pat Beverly and Eric Bledsoe out of the March weekend games. It matters a lot against the Clippers, Bucks and Rockets(if we see them in the WC).

I think he could be the difference between Championship and bust this year. More weight on Lebron and AD to come up really big.
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,280

Post#24 » by tamaraw08 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:59 pm

lazybatman wrote:I think this is crucial. AB basically played Pat Beverly and Eric Bledsoe out of the March weekend games. I matters hugely against the Clippers, Bucks and Rockets(if we see them in the WC).

I think he could be the difference between Championship and bust this year. More weight on Lebron and AD to come up really big.

It was tough for me too after learning this, esp after witnessing his huge games like vs the Clips. KCP was relatively very good for this team, exceeded most of our expecations and I like Caruso too but Vogel seems be fixated for them to come off the bench like spark plugs injecting energy and offense when starters are resting. I am very intrigued on what Waiters have to offer, considering that this is last chance to get a decent contract. He had like 3 months to condition his body, fix his jumper etc, if he does well during training camp, maybe he can fill in the void.
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#25 » by lazybatman » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:07 am

tamaraw08 wrote:
lazybatman wrote:I think this is crucial. AB basically played Pat Beverly and Eric Bledsoe out of the March weekend games. I matters hugely against the Clippers, Bucks and Rockets(if we see them in the WC).

It was tough for me too after learning this, esp after witnessing his huge games like vs the Clips. KCP was relatively very good for this team, exceeded most of our expecations and I like Caruso too but Vogel seems be fixated for them to come off the bench like spark plugs injecting energy and offense when starters are resting. I am very intrigued on what Waiters have to offer, considering that this is last chance to get a decent contract. He had like 3 months to condition his body, fix his jumper etc, if he does well during training camp, maybe he can fill in the void.

I hope so man.. Waiters could be a great fit, if he's put in the work. He's got some weight to switch onto Kawahi and PG and not get overpowered. Also has an above average playmaking ability, which we so desperately miss at times. The contract situation should help for sure.

On Caruso - I've seen him lost out there in our bigger stature games, which is expected off a youngster honestly. He won't have the home crowd either, so I'm mostly counting on KCP to fill a lot of the void.

I wish it was Dwight instead of Bradley honestly.. JaVale and him are gonna be warming the bench against the Clippers, Rockets and Bucks anyway.
whitelight
Freshman
And1: 10

Post#26 » by whitelight » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:51 pm

lazybatman wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:

I hope so man.. Waiters could be a great fit, if he's put in the work. He's got some weight to switch onto Kawahi and PG and not get overpowered. Also has an above average playmaking ability, which we so desperately miss at times. The contract situation should help for sure.

On Caruso - I've seen him lost out there in our bigger stature games, which is expected off a youngster honestly. He won't have the home crowd either, so I'm mostly counting on KCP to fill a lot of the void.

I wish it was Dwight instead of Bradley honestly.. JaVale and him are gonna be warming the bench against the Clippers, Rockets and Bucks anyway.

JaVale is still going to be starting games. Howard plays a part too. The only time AD plays C is when finish games. That's it.
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#27 » by lazybatman » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:55 pm

whitelight wrote:
lazybatman wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:It was tough for me too after learning this, esp after witnessing his huge games like vs the Clips. KCP was relatively very good for this team, exceeded most of our expecations and I like Caruso too but Vogel seems be fixated for them to come off the bench like spark plugs injecting energy and offense when starters are resting. I am very intrigued on what Waiters have to offer, considering that this is last chance to get a decent contract. He had like 3 months to condition his body, fix his jumper etc, if he does well during training camp, maybe he can fill in the void.

JaVale is still going to be starting games. Howard plays a part too. The only time AD plays C is when finish games. That's it.

I don't mean they're not important, but they're damn near unplayable if any of those 3 teams' are moderately good offensively, since neither has the ability to punish them on the offensive side, and they're not perimeter defenders.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,930

Post#28 » by zimpy27 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:59 am

It's a shame he didn't join but the Laker guards have stepped up. Not sure where he'd get minutes tbh. Does this make him trade bait?
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#29 » by iamworthy » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:07 am

zimpy27 wrote:It's a shame he didn't join but the Laker guards have stepped up. Not sure where he'd get minutes tbh. Does this make him trade bait?

My guess is that Caruso would not be getting the opportunity he's getting. Bradley privacy doesn't have a ton of value so he'll probably sit on the bench next year and not get much time. His spots been taken by the bald mamba.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,185

Post#30 » by LAKESHOW » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:50 am

Caruso has made a believer out of me.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
lautreamont
Junior
And1: 248

Post#31 » by lautreamont » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:44 pm

iamworthy wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:It's a shame he didn't join but the Laker guards have stepped up. Not sure where he'd get minutes tbh. Does this make him trade bait?

My guess is that Caruso would not be getting the opportunity he's getting. Bradley privacy doesn't have a ton of value so he'll probably sit on the bench next year and not get much time. His spots been taken by the bald mamba.

I think Bradley would have been very helpful in slowing Murray down and would have made his life more difficult. Lakers probably still lose game three but games 2 and 4 would have been more comfortable wins throwing Bradley out there. His ability to score in the mid-range is a lot better than Caruso's, and he's better at pressuring the ball handler. They would have made a great 1-2 punch.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers