ImageImageImageImageImage

Random Thoughts Thread Part 4

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,091

Re: Random Thoughts Thread Part 4 

Post#921 » by Dat2U » Tue May 26, 2020 1:58 am

Stocks will take another huge tumble soon. I expect it to go below 15,000. I expect Bitcoin will also tank badly- likely next 30 days.

Impending Real Estate crash is also coming. DC area always seems better insulated to these type of turn downs but this will probably be unprecedented due to both foreign investors being impacted and the commercial market heading for disaster to after as businesses decide to not renew their leases or close permanently.

Next 6-12 months will present so incredible opportunities to those fortunate enough to take advantage of them.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#922 » by Ruzious » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:05 pm

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/06/18/study-ties-blood-type-to-covid-19-risk-o-may-help-a-hurt/24527941/
Looks like you're more likely to get particularly sick on coronavirus if you have type A blood. Less likely if you have Type O blood.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#923 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:11 am

O positive
Bye bye Beal.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#924 » by Ruzious » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:50 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:O positive

That also makes you a universal donor. Everyone wants your blood.

I'm just a typical A positive. I can't even donate to A pos people because of a long ago false positive test for hep C thats got me forever blacklisted. I can only give for scientific testing. The NIH campus is near where I work, so it works out - though they search my car most times I go to give.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#925 » by miller31time » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:03 pm

Re-watching the Rockets/Wiz game from early this season on CSN. How the hell did we lose this?!
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,626

Post#926 » by pancakes3 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:19 pm

Read on Twitter
Bullets -> Wizards
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#927 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:10 pm

About that noose...

Hey, uh, never mind... It just looked like it was intended for the one Black (biracial to be accurate) NASCAR driver.Seems to me God just trolled everyone!

Bubba Wallace, BLM, FBI, DOJ, KKK ... EVERY ONE who took an innocent piece of twine and fancied their own symbolic soapbox ideals, you got trolled. Time and money as well as emotions were all spent.
Bye bye Beal.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#928 » by Ruzious » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:19 pm

The best thing about the major sports starting up is that sports shows will stop focusing on Nascar.

Left turn coming!
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,343

Post#929 » by doclinkin » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:21 pm

Ruzious wrote:The best thing about the major sports starting up is that sports shows will stop focusing on Nascar.

Left turn coming!

I don't know how NASCAR became the racing sport of Murica. It's boring and has little dynamic about it. Who wants to see a fast traffic jam? Rally car racing is awesome, especially when you have cams mounted in the car and watching the road ahead. The Baja type desert races are badass too. Personally I think we should have more rally car type events in urban areas. Maybe once downtown corporate areas turn to ghost towns since everyone now realizes you get as much work done from home as you do in cubicles we can have more urban road warrior games. I'm looking forward to airsoft/steeplechase/parkour/capture the flag/live action Call of Duty events. Maybe a triathlon version with parkour fights inside the complex, turning to skateboard/bike in the no motor blocks, becoming Tokyo drift style urban race to escape with the prize. Or in reverse order. Or in then out again.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,348

Post#930 » by Kanyewest » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:09 pm

miller31time wrote:Re-watching the Rockets/Wiz game from early this season on CSN. How the hell did we lose this?!

It was on the same night as game 7 of the world series. One of my friends was rooting for the Wizards to lose so the Nats could win (I don't think that how it works but I'm glad it worked out that way).
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Post#931 » by montestewart » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:59 pm

doclinkin wrote:
Ruzious wrote:The best thing about the major sports starting up is that sports shows will stop focusing on Nascar.

Left turn coming!

I don't know how NASCAR became the racing sport of Murica. It's boring and has little dynamic about it. Who wants to see a fast traffic jam? Rally car racing is awesome, especially when you have cams mounted in the car and watching the road ahead. The Baja type desert races are badass too. Personally I think we should have more rally car type events in urban areas. Maybe once downtown corporate areas turn to ghost towns since everyone now realizes you get as much work done from home as you do in cubicles we can have more urban road warrior games. I'm looking forward to airsoft/steeplechase/parkour/capture the flag/live action Call of Duty events. Maybe a triathlon version with parkour fights inside the complex, turning to skateboard/bike in the no motor blocks, becoming Tokyo drift style urban race to escape with the prize. Or in reverse order. Or in then out again.

My stepfather was an amateur race car driver, mostly formula vee (plus we always had cool cars, Charger, Cougar, Barracuda, etc.). Because of his influence, I like all kinds of racing, formula, stock, off road, rallies, motorcycle, motocross, monster truck, etc. but my favorite is school bus, camper, trailer, boat, etc. racing on a figure eight track.

bsilver
Pro Prospect
And1: 466

Post#932 » by bsilver » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:29 pm

Dat2U wrote:Stocks will take another huge tumble soon. I expect it to go below 15,000. I expect Bitcoin will also tank badly- likely next 30 days.

Impending Real Estate crash is also coming. DC area always seems better insulated to these type of turn downs but this will probably be unprecedented due to both foreign investors being impacted and the commercial market heading for disaster to after as businesses decide to not renew their leases or close permanently.

Next 6-12 months will present so incredible opportunities to those fortunate enough to take advantage of them.

Maybe. The stock market is being propped up by all the free money and fed policies. Don't see that going away.

Here in New Haven, the real estate market is full of opportunities. Prices are low because we're outside of prime commuting distance to NYC. Starter homes are 150-200k, and you can get a really nice house for 350k. Lots of people may leave the cities to continue to telecommute, and won't have to live in the close to the cities suburbs. Inexpensive cities with good quality of life will benefit.
There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics — quote popularized by Mark Twain.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,343

Post#933 » by doclinkin » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:39 pm

montestewart wrote:
doclinkin wrote:

Left turn coming!

My stepfather was an amateur race car driver, mostly formula vee (plus we always had cool cars, Charger, Cougar, Barracuda, etc.). Because of his influence, I like all kinds of racing, formula, stock, off road, rallies, motorcycle, motocross, monster truck, etc. but my favorite is school bus, camper, trailer, boat, etc. racing on a figure eight track.

That is the best thing on wheels. Why did I never know about this. That is awesome. Okay I'm watching it again.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,868

Post#934 » by payitforward » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:36 pm

OMG!! -- Where has this been all my life??!!??
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
payitforward
RealGM

Post#935 » by payitforward » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:40 pm

I think the concept of a figure 8 race track is the most amazing innovation ever!

Imagine two basketball games played on 2 courts overlapped as an X shape!

Hmmm... that might be a great way to resume the season this year!!
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
I_Like_Dirt
RealGM
And1: 8,719

Post#936 » by I_Like_Dirt » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:04 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:About that noose...

Hey, uh, never mind... It just looked like it was intended for the one Black (biracial to be accurate) NASCAR driver.Seems to me God just trolled everyone!

Bubba Wallace, BLM, FBI, DOJ, KKK ... EVERY ONE who took an innocent piece of twine and fancied their own symbolic soapbox ideals, you got trolled. Time and money as well as emotions were all spent.

It was a Nascar employee who reported it and the league that issued a statement - people took it from there but this particular twine wasn't fabricated by people with a visible agenda. Maybe Nascar was a bit too jumpy but seeing the picture of that "piece of twine" sure looked like a noose to me. I'm legitimately curious as to how that's a thing and I can see why Nascar might have been concerned when it's not a knot anyone would generally use for what they do there.

Bucket! Bucket!
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,626

Post#937 » by pancakes3 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:41 pm

the FBI's conclusion is that "well it's been there forever" doesn't strike me as conclusive evidence that it's not a noose, or that it's racist. it only provides evidence that bubba wasn't targeted (and too convincingly either). frankly it's more disturbing that nooses are casually commonplace at racing venues than if it was a one-off event.
Bullets -> Wizards
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#938 » by LyricalRico » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:27 pm

Read on Twitter

:o :o :o
payitforward
RealGM

Post#939 » by payitforward » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:55 am

Whoa there... that young fella has a handle!
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#940 » by Ruzious » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:13 pm

But he's all right-handed. He's got to learn to go to his left!

Return to Washington Wizards