ImageImageImageImage

Vuc...anchor or albatross?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,264

Re: Vuc...anchor or albatross? 

Post#101 » by pepe1991 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:05 am

basketballRob wrote:
Skin wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Tobias Harris, Andrew Wiggins , Kevin Love, Drummond, Aldrige,Batum, Randle, Gary Harris,Eric Gordon, Jrue Holiday, Harrison Barnes,Rozier, John Wall, Chris Paul or Myles Turner are just few names that can be shopped around and probably will ( some of them already were shopped around just not traded yet).

Trade off bet that makes both teams better suited for future is McCullum and Nurkić for Vuc and Gordon. Salary fits, Nurkić is comming off injury and Bamba would play more, McCullum is allstar on East.
Vuc with Lillard is easly one of best PG-C combos out there ,Gordon gets in team where he is clear 3rd option and fits into more advanced ex-Aminu role.
Magic are desparate for extra ballhandler, Nurkić is yet to turn 26 and will probably make full recovery.

Blazers starting 5 in that moment is Lillard- Simons- Ariza- Gordon- Vuc
Magic starting 5 would be Fultz- McCullum- Okeke-Isaac- Bamba/Nurkić.

Pairing him up with Gordon is an interesting thought. We might have to do something like that in order to get some kind of value back for him. McCollum is 28 years old, so I don't love the fit with our young core, but then again, beggers can't be choosers and I appreciate your attempt at finding value for Vuc. Vuc alone for McCollum is a joke, but maybe if you add AG, the Blazers could finally budge.

But I'm saving AG for Oubre. *broken record* :)
I thought Portland had Whiteside too. With Heild coming off the bench next season, you might be able to trade AG and Vuc for Heild and Barnes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app

Whiteside is UFA this year
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,184

Post#102 » by cedric76 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:02 am

basketballRob wrote:
Skin wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Tobias Harris, Andrew Wiggins , Kevin Love, Drummond, Aldrige,Batum, Randle, Gary Harris,Eric Gordon, Jrue Holiday, Harrison Barnes,Rozier, John Wall, Chris Paul or Myles Turner are just few names that can be shopped around and probably will ( some of them already were shopped around just not traded yet).

Trade off bet that makes both teams better suited for future is McCullum and Nurkić for Vuc and Gordon. Salary fits, Nurkić is comming off injury and Bamba would play more, McCullum is allstar on East.
Vuc with Lillard is easly one of best PG-C combos out there ,Gordon gets in team where he is clear 3rd option and fits into more advanced ex-Aminu role.
Magic are desparate for extra ballhandler, Nurkić is yet to turn 26 and will probably make full recovery.

Blazers starting 5 in that moment is Lillard- Simons- Ariza- Gordon- Vuc
Magic starting 5 would be Fultz- McCullum- Okeke-Isaac- Bamba/Nurkić.

Pairing him up with Gordon is an interesting thought. We might have to do something like that in order to get some kind of value back for him. McCollum is 28 years old, so I don't love the fit with our young core, but then again, beggers can't be choosers and I appreciate your attempt at finding value for Vuc. Vuc alone for McCollum is a joke, but maybe if you add AG, the Blazers could finally budge.

But I'm saving AG for Oubre. *broken record* :)
I thought Portland had Whiteside too. With Heild coming off the bench next season, you might be able to trade AG and Vuc for Heild and Barnes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app

An offer i would struggle to say no to would be

Sac 2020 frp +hield + Barnes for orl frp +ag+vuc

I think sac wins this trade on talent but i think hield and Barnes fit our needs and it s allow us to not overpay for Evan.

However if we do this trade Evan would opt out

Fultz, mcw
Hield, ross
Barnes, chuma
Isaac, aminu
Mo, birch

2020 frp

It s well balanced

Fultz +hield back court could be very exciting

Barnes perfect glue guy and would allow isaac to become the star he s supposed to become
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,371

Post#103 » by PrimeThyme » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:06 pm

He's absolutely not an anchor. Defensively or offensively. With his ability to stretch the floor (though he still doesn't shoot a great percentage from 3) I wouldn't go as far as saying he's an albatross either but I'd say he leans closer to that then he does to anchor due to his limited ability in 2020 to guard other positions and defend the PnR.

The truth is this upcoming season is going to be very telling. By next offseason, going into year 4, Bamba should theoretically be ready to take over the starting center position. Vuc's declining contract with only 2 years left on it would also be easier to move at that point as well. With how it's structured it's possible that this was what WeHam intended when they resigned him.

A lot is riding on Bamba's improvement though. He's made strides and looked good in bursts this year but he's still not eclipsing 15 mpg and is very limited offensively. It will be interesting to see just how much better he can get from now until then.

Return to Orlando Magic