Norm Powell 'Very Disappointed' In 'Cookie Cutter' Social Justice Nameplate Choices

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Norm Powell 'Very Disappointed' In 'Cookie Cutter' Social Justice Nameplate Choices 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:27 pm

Norm Powell said he was "very disappointed" with the "cookie cutter" choices NBA players were allowed to choose from to put on their nameplate to voice their social justice messages. The NBA and NBPA agreed to a preapproved list.

Powell will wear "Black Lives Matter" on his jersey, but he wanted to wear "Am I Next."

Powell was a history major at UCLA and has used his voice to amplify issues of racism since the murder of George Floyd in Minneapolis.

Via Tim Bontemps/ESPN

His Airness 23
Sophomore
And1: 228

Re: Norm Powell 'Very Disappointed' In 'Cookie Cutter' Social Justice Nameplate Choices 

Post#2 » by His Airness 23 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:27 pm

Somebody get him a box of tissues then...
Top 10 Greatest NBA Players of All-Time, in order...

1.) Michael Jordan 2.) Kareem Abdul-Jabbar 3.) Wilt Chamberlain 4.) Larry Bird
5.) Tim Duncan 6.) Shaquille O’Neal 7.) Magic Johnson 8.) Kawhi Leonard
9.) Hakeem Olajuwon 10. James Harden

Trump2020
DoctorDunc
Junior
And1: 45

Re: Norm Powell 'Very Disappointed' In 'Cookie Cutter' Social Justice Nameplate Choices 

Post#3 » by DoctorDunc » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:06 am

I am sympathetic to the issue. That said, I’ll pay 75% of my cable bill to watch the basketball part of the NBA and he can pay the other 25% to indulge me on his politics.
Weth3champs
Ballboy
And1: 13

Post#4 » by Weth3champs » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:16 am

Stop this, we all know racial oppression takes place to the poor over the rich...athletes and stars don't go through that sort of treatment. You seen what happened when the Weeknd punched that cop... the rich get away with it all...even the role players like Playoff Powell
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,322

Post#5 » by Clyde Frazier » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:21 pm

Weth3champs wrote:Stop this, we all know racial oppression takes place to the poor over the rich...athletes and stars don't go through that sort of treatment. You seen what happened when the Weeknd punched that cop... the rich get away with it all...even the role players like Playoff Powell

...you're joking, right?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/wizards/2020/07/01/bradley-beal-details-exchange-police-traffic-stop/5358864002/
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,853

Post#6 » by nikster » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:38 pm

Clyde Frazier wrote:
Weth3champs wrote:Stop this, we all know racial oppression takes place to the poor over the rich...athletes and stars don't go through that sort of treatment. You seen what happened when the Weeknd punched that cop... the rich get away with it all...even the role players like Playoff Powell

...you're joking, right?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/wizards/2020/07/01/bradley-beal-details-exchange-police-traffic-stop/5358864002/

Yup, we've even seen an NBA player have his leg broken by a police officer

Return to Wiretap Discussion