ImageImageImage

Random Thoughts XIX

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

JaysRule15
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 120,004

Re: Random Thoughts XIX 

Post#1421 » by JaysRule15 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:58 pm

Hey nice to chalms and goodboy still alive

I wonder what happened to pelifan
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#1422 » by HeatFanLifer » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:29 pm

JaysRule15 wrote:Hey nice to chalms and goodboy still alive

To be fair, if I was a Pelicans fan I would stop talking after the Anthony Davis trade too. That would have been like the Heat trading D Wade. No coming back from that as a fan. The Marlins do that all the time. It’s why baseball is dead in South Florida.
OP for NBA FT record
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,294

Post#1423 » by goodboy » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:38 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
goodboy wrote:call me mr infiniti

30 comments.

tell me the latest one
Bright
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,294

Post#1424 » by goodboy » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:39 pm

Us Canadas are always are.

Chalms still on full lock down
Bright
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#1425 » by IggieCC » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:26 am

HeatFanLifer wrote:

To be fair, if I was a Pelicans fan I would stop talking after the Anthony Davis trade too. That would have been like the Heat trading D Wade. No coming back from that as a fan. The Marlins do that all the time. It’s why baseball is dead in South Florida.

But then they got Zion though. NBA has a way to make thing up. Like after LeBron left Cavs got like 5 first round picks until he went back? SMDH
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,802

Post#1426 » by Mos_Heat » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:18 am

I thought he quit after the first Zion injury
:reporter:
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,989

Post#1427 » by DayofMourning » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:04 pm

IggieCC wrote:
HeatFanLifer wrote:

But then they got Zion though. NBA has a way to make thing up. Like after LeBron left Cavs got like 5 first round picks until he went back? SMDH

Pelicans recovered very nicely from the AD trade in my eyes. Lonzo is a quality starting PG and Ingram is a 22 year old all star. I thought they should have taken Hunter at 4, but Hayes and NAW offer future hope. That and the 2 additional picks they will get from LA isn't bad for a guy who's trying his darnedest to leave.

Wouldn't compare it to Wade. He never clambered to leave. He wanted to be here.

Also, having Zion come in to supplement all that, makes the Pelicans more interesting than before. pelifan might have drowned in a puddle of his own saliva.
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1428 » by IggieCC » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:44 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
IggieCC wrote:
HeatFanLifer wrote:

Pelicans recovered very nicely from the AD trade in my eyes. Lonzo is a quality starting PG and Ingram is a 22 year old all star. I thought they should have taken Hunter at 4, but Hayes and NAW offer future hope. That and the 2 additional picks they will get from LA isn't bad for a guy who's trying his darnedest to leave.

Also, having Zion come in to supplement all that, makes the Pelicans more interesting than before. pelifan might have drowned in a puddle of his own saliva.

Jealous TBH dom.

Very odd timing for pelifam to disappear. But it happens to the best of em. People do move on from RealGM from time to time. It was almost a miracle that you didn't when you're juggling work, school, and a new born(or two). That usually does it.

Perhaps Pel moved on to more lively Pelifan based online forum (Pelican's Report?). He was a good sport here and I thought he was enjoying a lone pelifan status on the Pelifan board, but it was also apparent that he wanted to have serious Pelicans discussions among his peers.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1429 » by DayofMourning » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:37 pm

IggieCC wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
IggieCC wrote:But then they got Zion though. NBA has a way to make thing up. Like after LeBron left Cavs got like 5 first round picks until he went back? SMDH

Jealous TBH dom.

Very odd timing for pelifam to disappear. But it happens to the best of em. People do move on from RealGM from time to time. It was almost a miracle that you didn't when you're juggling work, school, and a new born(or two). That usually does it.

Perhaps Pel moved on to more lively Pelifan based online forum (Pelican's Report?). He was a good sport here and I thought he was enjoying a lone pelifan status on the Pelifan board, but it was also apparent that he wanted to have serious Pelicans discussions among his peers.

Never too hard to just pop in. Until I start disliking basketball, I will be here. With bball being on down time, maybe peli has just picked up other interests. Probably video games and girls. Nioh 2 swept me up well enough.
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1430 » by IggieCC » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:45 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
Never too hard to just pop in. Until I start disliking basketball, I will be here. With bball being on down time, maybe peli has just picked up other interests. Probably video games and girls. Nioh 2 swept me up well enough.

Glad to hear it DoM. We've lost some great minds even during my relatively short stay here (I'm sure you know a lot more).

Can't complain about Peli going after video games and girls. During this pandemic I've binge-watched pretty much all available Gundam series online (mostly newer ones that I've never known they existed).

Now I'm watching Zeta Gundam, which is pretty much the consensus No.1 in the entire production by Gundam fans (and in my distant memory too). It's actually almost laughable, dialogues are very corny, animations are chiiiiit, and just silly music and sound effects. Contemporary ones are much much better all around. I'm now convinced that if we watch NBA games from 70-80s they'd look like glorified Harlem Globetrotters. Now late 90s to 2000s, I don't think it's that much different from what's being played now and even better in some ways with more balanced basketball in a traditional sense. Miss watching talented bigs like Olajuwan, Ewing, Robinson, Zo going at it. Do people like Mutombo and Rik Smiths types ever become an all-star? We'll see DoM.
OvOh
Head Coach
And1: 41,612

Post#1431 » by OvOh » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:19 pm

Heard pelifan took on a new gig doing customer support at Wish.com, wrecking havoc on Oklahoma city residents in particular, not really sure why
Image#SpicySZNImage #LarryOBSZN
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1432 » by DayofMourning » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:51 pm

IggieCC wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:

Glad to hear it DoM. We've lost some great minds even during my relatively short stay here (I'm sure you know a lot more).

Can't complain about Peli going after video games and girls. During this pandemic I've binge-watched pretty much all available Gundam series online (mostly newer ones that I've never known they existed).

Now I'm watching Zeta Gundam, which is pretty much the consensus No.1 in the entire production by Gundam fans (and in my distant memory too). It's actually almost laughable, dialogues are very corny, animations are chiiiiit, and just silly music and sound effects. Contemporary ones are much much better all around. I'm now convinced that if we watch NBA games from 70-80s they'd look like glorified Harlem Globetrotters. Now late 90s to 2000s, I don't think it's that much different from what's being played now and even better in some ways with more balanced basketball in a traditional sense. Miss watching talented bigs like Olajuwan, Ewing, Robinson, Zo going at it. Do people like Mutombo and Rik Smiths types ever become an all-star? We'll see DoM.

Yes, we have lost some really good posters over the years. People just find different ways to express and distract themselves as the years add up. Luckily, with your joining along with several others, this board experienced a resurgence in activity. The variety in personalities really has added depth to the forum.

As for Gundam, I only ever watched Gundam Wing. It was popular around the same time DBZ took off. I enjoyed it. I saw a few episodes of Unicorn. I actually like the Gundam designs a lot. I've bought several of the model kits in the past 6 months for my youtube channel (coming soon) for my son and I to build. They've got some excellent statues on Sideshow Toys that I've contemplated buying.

Concerning big men, its a different game these days, and its hard for me to say if its better or worse. Zo is my favorite player ever, followed by DRob and Hakeem. So I'm partial. However, watching Duncan and Herro let it fly is pretty flipping awesome too.

I was thinking how interesting it would be for a team to draft Wiseman and then come back and get Mobley next year. I'd love to see that pairing. Truly Twin Towers. Big men could be on the come back!

HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#1433 » by HeatFanLifer » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:21 pm

IggieCC wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:

I took up playing rocket league to pass the time. Started watching tournaments on twitch too.
OP for NBA FT record
OvOh
Head Coach
And1: 41,612

Post#1434 » by OvOh » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:48 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
IggieCC wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:

Yes, we have lost some really good posters over the years. People just find different ways to express and distract themselves as the years add up. Luckily, with your joining along with several others, this board experienced a resurgence in activity. The variety in personalities really has added depth to the forum.

Agree Dom, the addition of a few Canadian good boys over the years has really spiced this place up eh.
Image#SpicySZNImage #LarryOBSZN
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1435 » by IggieCC » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:55 pm

OvOh wrote:Heard pelifan took on a new gig doing customer support at Wish.com, wrecking havoc on Oklahoma city residents in particular, not really sure why

JaysRule15
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1436 » by JaysRule15 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:08 am

DayofMourning wrote:

You try out Ghost of Tsushima, Dom? Havent been able to put it down since I started it. It's the samurai game I always wanted. They really nailed the setting and combat.
JaysRule15
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1437 » by JaysRule15 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:10 am

IggieCC wrote:

Oh man those classic Gundam shows were dope. Gundam Wing and Gundam Seed were both fire.

Have you caught up on Attack On Titan? Manga has been lit. I think we're like 10 chapters away from the entire series ending.
JaysRule15
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1438 » by JaysRule15 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:13 am

HeatFanLifer wrote:

Yeah, it's tough to see what happened with the Marlins. I'm hoping the new regime under Jeter is better than that dumbass Loria. I like the pitcher that the Marlins drafted recently.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#1439 » by gom » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:48 am

While I patiently wait for Miami Heat basketball, I am reading and watching Shakespeare plays and doing my Hugo Award reading for the sci fi and fantasy convention in a couple weeks. I have read 69 books so far this year.

https://conzealand.nz/

I highly recommend the production of Richard II on Free Shakespeare on the Radio. Here is a spotify link:

https://open.spotify.com/show/6T1fFPJBQlMmkkfUgDcVuk?si=uHEcTjyBQpa2eY1bfaI2Kw

Here is my blog:

http://blog.worldoftarn.com/

After 25 years cheering for São Paulo, I have changed my football team in Brazil to Flamengo.

Also, Black Lives Matter.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1440 » by DayofMourning » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:24 am

JaysRule15 wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:

You try out Ghost of Tsushima, Dom? Havent been able to put it down since I started it. It's the samurai game I always wanted. They really nailed the setting and combat.

I was in the store yesterday getting my son some toys and I swung by the case to see if they had it, which they did. Waited for an employee, but they took too long. Got home and decided to download it from the PS store, but my card information wasn't loaded which was strange.
Seemed like the universe was telling me no.

Anyway, I will likely get it at some point. Question is, should I get it or LOU2 first.

Return to Miami Heat