ImageImageImageImageImage

Moar COVID 19 talk.

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 28,555

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#281 » by Fat Kat » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:05 am

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#282 » by dakomish23 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:04 am

And it was retweeted by THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES

Read on Twitter

These MAGAland citizens are so desperate to get any validation of dear leader, that any “celebrity” supporting him gets a huge platform. All he did was spew propaganda that enabled them to cling to their bubble of willful ignorance.

Shameful that it takes the virus coming home before some folks acknowledge the reality of the situation.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#283 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:35 am

dakomish23 wrote:And it was retweeted by THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES

Read on Twitter

These MAGAland citizens are so desperate to get any validation of dear leader, that any “celebrity” supporting him gets a huge platform. All he did was spew propaganda that enabled them to cling to their bubble of willful ignorance.

Shameful that it takes the virus coming home before some folks acknowledge the reality of the situation.

Read on Twitter

POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
Thepaintismine
Sophomore
And1: 96

Post#284 » by Thepaintismine » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:17 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
Thepaintismine wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Overweight and Diabetic, I'm not shocked Ya'll.
Anyone got the stats for healthy people? Gots to be small, real small.

Yo B! Let the fatties and oldies die!

Dat be sick yo! How bout we mask them and isolate them, instead o da whole world? Dat make sense.
Peace!
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,233

Post#285 » by Zenzibar » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:41 am

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is bullsht.

He's a normal citizen who has a right to say what the fk he wants.
The social platform police is just too much and I feel sorry for future generations on many levels.
rammagen
Head Coach
And1: 778

Post#286 » by rammagen » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:04 pm

Zenzibar wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is bullsht.

The social platform police is just too much and I feel sorry for future generations on many levels.

I agree and disagree:
you have the right to say what you think unless you are endangering lives or spreading lies without facts. What he said was a not true and bad opinion that endangered people. Social Media companies have to step in and protect the morons who believe this and cost everyone else.
These are private platforms and not governed by the Constitution/Bill of Rights guaranteeing your right to free speech.
https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/defending-and-respecting-our-users-voice

That right stops in twitter when it infringes on the safety of other people, or when you are posting obvious false hoods? This falls under the trust ans safety section

You have the right to free speech but social media is not a public platform owned by the public these are private companies that need to enforce the truth and facts.
You want to scream it in the streets be my guest but when your post gets re-posted and quoted and politicized there is an issue because it is not true and it is endangering everyone.

Don't wear a mask I.D.C. but don't expect me to weep for people who don't believe this and get sick and suffer, I reserve that right to the innocent people suffering from this kids who can't eat because schools are being closed ,old people who are dying prematurely because Chuck's and trumps followers don't want to follow science because the president wants to be re-elected and is blaming everyone else but his own ineptitude and failure to control the situation.
Quote from ESPN’s Bill Simmons posted on Twitter “28 FT’s to 5. I don’t watch rigged NBA games, I’m switching to hockey”
rammagen
Head Coach

Post#287 » by rammagen » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:13 pm

Thepaintismine wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Thepaintismine wrote:
Overweight and Diabetic, I'm not shocked Ya'll.
Anyone got the stats for healthy people? Gots to be small, real small.

Dat be sick yo! How bout we mask them and isolate them, instead o da whole world? Dat make sense.
Peace!

And when someone you care for gets sick or if you get sick? The issue here is people are narrow minded thinking only about themselves and not other people at risk. The idea of the wearing a mask is to spread out the peak not to stop everyone from getting sick. At the current rate allot of states will run out of ICU beds causing a trickle effect of more deaths because hospitals will be overran with sick people putting additional people at risk. If you spread the peak of the virus out you stop the the hospitals from being overfilled and and are able to save more people over a longer period of time.

If you think this is fake why not ask some of the people below who thought it was fake. for some of them it is too late they passed before their time because people would not wear masks not only to protect themselves but other people.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/04/07/woman-who-called-pandemic-a-hoax/
https://www.unilad.co.uk/health/dying-man-tells-nurse-i-thought-it-was-a-hoax-after-attending-covid-party-in-texas/
https://www.npr.org/2020/05/15/857104944/family-of-covid-19-victim-who-criticized-hysteria-around-virus-faces-online-atta
Quote from ESPN’s Bill Simmons posted on Twitter “28 FT’s to 5. I don’t watch rigged NBA games, I’m switching to hockey”
rammagen
Head Coach

Post#288 » by rammagen » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:13 pm

rammagen wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is bullsht.

I agree and disagree:
you have the right to say what you think unless you are endangering lives or spreading lies without facts. What he said was a not true and bad opinion that endangered people. Social Media companies have to step in and protect the morons who believe this and cost everyone else.
These are private platforms and not governed by the Constitution/Bill of Rights guaranteeing your right to free speech.
https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/defending-and-respecting-our-users-voice

That right stops in twitter when it infringes on the safety of other people, or when you are posting obvious false hoods? This falls under the trust and safety section

You have the right to free speech but social media is not a public platform owned by the public these are private companies that need to enforce the truth and facts.
You want to scream it in the streets be my guest but when your post gets re-posted and quoted and politicized there is an issue because it is not true and it is endangering everyone.

Don't wear a mask I.D.C. but don't expect me to weep for people who don't believe this and get sick and suffer, I reserve that right to the innocent people suffering from this kids who can't eat because schools are being closed ,old people who are dying prematurely because Chuck's and trumps followers don't want to follow science because the president wants to be re-elected and is blaming everyone else but his own ineptitude and failure to control the situation.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 40,631

Post#289 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:33 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Imagine dying because you believed in Trump :crazy:
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#290 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:34 pm

Zenzibar wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is bullsht.

It's a privately owned platform, he has the right to say what he wants and they have the right to kick his dumb ass to the curb because he agreed to their terms of service. Go make your own platform if you don't like it.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,173

Post#291 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:53 pm

Zenzibar wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is bullsht.

Calling out a blatant promoter of anti-science lies for doing an about-face only when nature lands on their doorstep is hardly the kind of reckless social media shaming you may be sick of.

I understand the general sentiment, because SM hosts lots of vengeful people who go into attack mode for the flimsiest of reasons.

But Chuck Woolery has been a hard core Trumper and actively participated in perpetrating Trump's fraudulent handling of the pandemic. He earned his shame. If it were just a matter of a couple of uninformed posts then maybe it would be an over-reaction, but Woolery is MAGA all the way so I don't think the shame he is getting is a good example of SM gone wild. He did that to himself.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#292 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:04 pm

rammagen wrote:
Thepaintismine wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Peace!

And when someone you care for gets sick or if you get sick? The issue here is people are narrow minded thinking only about themselves and not other people at risk. The idea of the wearing a mask is to spread out the peak not to stop everyone from getting sick. At the current rate allot of states will run out of ICU beds causing a trickle effect of more deaths because hospitals will be overran with sick people putting additional people at risk. If you spread the peak of the virus out you stop the the hospitals from being overfilled and and are able to save more people over a longer period of time.

If you think this is fake why not ask some of the people below who thought it was fake. for some of them it is too late they passed before their time because people would not wear masks not only to protect themselves but other people.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/04/07/woman-who-called-pandemic-a-hoax/
https://www.unilad.co.uk/health/dying-man-tells-nurse-i-thought-it-was-a-hoax-after-attending-covid-party-in-texas/
https://www.npr.org/2020/05/15/857104944/family-of-covid-19-victim-who-criticized-hysteria-around-virus-faces-online-atta

This is my version of why we should all wear masks in public.
(WARNING: Some of these suggestions require a functioning federal government collaborating with functional state governments).

You can flatten the curve and then reduce infections to almost no new cases if:

Everyone wears a mask. A real mask, not a bandana or a t-shirt. They don't work. A true filtration mask that minimizes aerosol emissions. This may require govt initiatives to ensure everyone has a N95 quality mask.

If everyone wears a mask and maintains distance, the rates of infection drop very quickly.

Then you'd be able to crush the virus (SEE: New Zealand) with:

Free public testing

Protocols requiring temperature checks at borders, airports and office buildings. You're over the threshhold you go home and get a test.

Repeat and Rinse until you get a handle on who is infected and who is not, thus driving down the possibility of unknown carriers continuing to spread to the virus.

It appears we'll have to wait for a Biden administration for these measures to be implemented, but all of the above should be happening and it is not. Thus, the third wave during flu season will be larger than the current surge and it would have been preventable.
Zenzibar
General Manager

Post#293 » by Zenzibar » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:16 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is bullsht.

Calling out a blatant promoter of anti-science lies for doing an about-face only when nature lands on their doorstep is hardly the kind of reckless social media shaming you may be sick of.

I understand the general sentiment, because SM hosts lots of vengeful people who go into attack mode for the flimsiest of reasons.

But Chuck Woolery has been a hard core Trumper and actively participated in perpetrating Trump's fraudulent handling of the pandemic. He earned his shame. If it were just a matter of a couple of uninformed posts then maybe it would be an over-reaction, but Woolery is MAGA all the way so I don't think the shame he is getting is a good example of SM gone wild. He did that to himself.

So fkn what.

So now censorship is the theme of these times. Someone posts some crazy conspiracy theory or just have a different take on things and all the sudden he/she needs to be shut down, Really?

You know what's going to happen? At some point in the future, everyone not on the "same page" is going to be taken down. That's what all of the herders want from the herd. It's called communism or dictatorships in other parts.

Hey personally, I don't believe Fauci and the MSM bat theory, therefore I'm called a conspiracy theorist. So am I limited to speaking to family, friends and on Realgm?

Galileo, Martin Luther, Jesus of Nazareth and many others have been jailed and persecuted for speaking against the authoritative and herd rule of their day. It's no different now.

Let these motherfkers say why they want, does it affect YOU personally?
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#294 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:35 pm

Zenzibar wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:

This is bullsht.

So fkn what.

So now censorship is the theme of these times. Someone posts some crazy conspiracy theory or just have a different take on things and all the sudden he/she needs to be shut down? Really?

You know what's going to happen? At some point in the future, everyone not on the "same page" is going to be taken down. That's what all of the herders want from the herd. It's called communism or dictatorships in other parts.

Hey personally, I don't believe Fauci and the MSM bat theory, therefore I'm called a conspiracy theorist. So am I limited to speaking to family, friends and on Realgm?

Galileo, Martin Luther, Jesus of Nazareth and many others have been jailed and persecuted for speaking against the authoritative and herd rule of their day. It's no different now.

or maybe Chuck Woolery DID say what he wanted to say and maybe he did delete his account because he felt like he had screwed up or simply that he had no plausible response to anyone who did come at him

Don't you think being able to say whatever you want comes with the dual probability other people will say whatever they want in response?

How does one possibility exist without the other?

Again, I may be just as sick of cancel culture BS as you are, but I think it needs to be framed differently, because if the notion of free speech is going to survive in the future it will require an ongoing discourse (like this one) about the nature of what public exchange entails and what rules may be required now or in the future.

But it is not as simple as knuckle draggers can say anything they want without dealing with the consequences of perpetrating lies. You willfully engage in deceit and fabrications and distortions of facts, then maybe the blowback is what you should expect.

The greater problem is a general public that is willing to repeat what other people post. The propagation of poor critical thinking and/or malevolent disinformation is a serious problem that is more than a free speech issue. It is a new phenomenon for everyone to have a platform. Before SM, the world was very different.

And because SM are private entities and are not yet subject to laws that define free speech, the conversation about what should be allowed and the very serious matter of factuality needs to continue. Demagogery in the form of public officials and ignorant civilians destroying the ability to deal with facts due to this fake news response to anything that doesn't fit their narrative is a threat to free speech and democracy.

IOW, if large SM platforms fail to deal with these issues themselves, what mobs of angry SJWs do on their platforms will become the secondary issue. Facebook has consistently punted the ball when confronted on these matters and only now that big advertisers are pulling their ad spend ahead of the election is Zuckerberg paying attention to the use of his baby to spread falsehoods.

The problem is not as binary as you're suggesting. This is not about somebody yelling fire in a public theater. It is about the realm of public expression on corporate platforms and that is about more than just free speech issues. It is about the ability to distort truth to the point where you obliterate democratic functions and facilitate a breakdown of social order that leads to social chaos and autocracy.

There are not just laws about free speech, but about slander and libel too. With SM, the application of those guidelines or their remedies are quickly fading unless addressed responsibly. It will lead to political legislation in the future. The question is who will be the legislators and what they will enact.
Zenzibar
General Manager

Post#295 » by Zenzibar » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:50 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

So fkn what.

So now censorship is the theme of these times. Someone posts some crazy conspiracy theory or just have a different take on things and all the sudden he/she needs to be shut down? Really?

or maybe Chuck Woolery DID say what he wanted to say and maybe he did delete his account because he felt like he had screwed up or simply that he had no plausible response to anyone who did come at him

Don't you think being able to say whatever you want comes with the dual probability other people will say whatever they want in response?

How does one possibility exist without the other?

Again, I may be just as sick of cancel culture BS as you are, but I think it needs to be framed differently, because if the notion of free speech is going to survive in the future it will require an ongoing discourse (like this one) about the nature of what public exchange entails and what rules may be required now or in the future.

But it is not as simple as knuckle draggers can say anything they want without dealing with the consequences of perpetrating lies. You willfully engage in deceit and fabrications and distortions of facts, then maybe the blowback is what you should expect.

The greater problem is a general public that is willing to repeat what other people post. The propagation of poor critical thinking and/or malevolent disinformation is a serious problem that is more than a free speech issue. It is a new phenomenon for everyone to have a platform. Before SM, the world was very different.

And because SM are private entities and are not yet subject to laws that define free speech, the conversation about what should be allowed and the very serious matter of factuality needs to continue. Demagogery in the form of public officials and ignorant civilians destroying the ability to deal with facts due to this fake news response to anything that doesn't fit their narrative is a threat to free speech and democracy.

IOW, if large SM platforms fail to deal with these issues themselves, what mobs of angry SJWs do on their platforms will become the secondary issue. Facebook has consistently punted the ball when confronted on these matters and only now that big advertisers are pulling their ad spend ahead of the election is Zuckerberg paying attention to the use of his baby to spread falsehoods.

The problem is not as binary as you're suggesting. This is not about somebody yelling fire in a public theater. It is about the realm of public expression on corporate platforms and that is about more than just free speech issues. It is about the ability to distort truth to the point where you obliterate democratic functions and facilitate a breakdown of social order that leads to social chaos and autocracy.

There are not just laws about free speech, but about slander and libel too. With SM, the application of those guidelines or their remedies are quickly fading unless addressed responsibly. It will lead to political legislation in the future. The question is who will be the legislators and what they will enact.

Eloquently stated.

Just as important is, who decides what is fabrication and what isn't? What are the agreed upon consequences?

For example, what consequences should Bush suffer for proliferating the WMD lies against Iraq and the subsequent loss of 1 million Iraqi lives.
What consequences should Hillary and Barak face for the Bengazi murder of a U.S. diplomat due to his uncovering of some underhanded dealings. Then the Clinton denials in front of the Senate Investigation Committee.

What if Fauci is not telling the general public the complete truth about the origins of Covid? The vaccine and it's dangers? We can go on and on.

When an individual screams fire in a crowded theater, leading to injuries and death, the causation of such is obvious. Therefore, due process and punishment, is publicly unquestionable.

On the other hand, our elected officials and/or heads of health organizations constantly stand in front of cameras and issue their statements, the latter dissected by their constituents issuing truth or lie verdicts.
These statements are then repeated ad nauseam in respective social media platforms, who then stands as the authoritative voice of judgment of truth or lie.

There will never be a public platform where everyone agrees, or tell complete truths. It's not human nature.

So I say, prove and convince me that I'm wrong but don't just shut me down. Unless what I'm speaking, you're trying to hide for whatever reason.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#296 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:50 pm

Zenzibar wrote:

This whole post was one of the least intelligent things I've seen on this board, congrats on being a moron. It's a **** pandemic, telling people who are largely against wearing masks that this is a hoax can affect everyone since these idiots can get sick and pass it on to others since they will be out in public unmasked, god damn how stupid can you be?

I'll take whatever infraction I get for calling you an idiot, cause holy ****, just incredible lack of awareness.
Zenzibar
General Manager

Post#297 » by Zenzibar » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:07 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:

This whole post was one of the least intelligent things I've seen on this board, congrats on being a moron. It's a **** pandemic, telling people who are largely against wearing masks that this is a hoax can affect everyone since these idiots can get sick and pass it on to others since they will be out in public unmasked, god damn how stupid can you be?

I'll take whatever infraction I get for calling you an idiot, cause holy ****, just incredible lack of awareness.

Let me put it to you gently, GFk youself.

Hey hey, I can say what the fk I please.

Wear your dam mask or stick your thumb up your azz whatever, and let people voice their opinion smitty. In essence, take care of your own fkn business son and stop trying to control the narrative. Calling someone a moron and an idiot because they are debating a point, just makes you controlling son of a btch. Grow the fk up. It's a discussion knucklehead.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#298 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:19 pm

Zenzibar wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:

Wear your dam mask or stick your thumb up your azz whatever, and let people voice their opinion smitty. In essence, take care of your own fkn business son and stop trying to control the narrative. Calling someone a moron and an idiot because they are debating a point, just makes you controlling son of a btch. Grow the fk up. It's a discussion knucklehead.

It's not a discussion, you thought that freedom of speech applied to twitter as though they weren't a private enterprise. You're a moron because you can't seem to grasp that this isn't a matter of opinion, telling millions of people that something that is factually real is a hoax is extremely dangerous in the context of a pandemic and stupid people will believe it. You're a moron because you can't even put two and two together to see that a portion of those millions of people who were told that this is a hoax will go out into the public and infect others, some of them will die and some of them will infect and kill others through their own ignorance. That is why he's no longer on twitter, because that level of idiocy will in fact kill others and contribute to the continued spread of the virus which affects everyone living here.

We literally see the effects of this throughout the country, yet you want more stupid people to get to say whatever they want on a privately owned platform. Just mind boggling to be honest. I don't respect your opinions because they're stupid, and I'll just put you on ignore.
Zenzibar
General Manager

Post#299 » by Zenzibar » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:14 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

It's not a discussion, you thought that freedom of speech applied to twitter as though they weren't a private enterprise. You're a moron because you can't seem to grasp that this isn't a matter of opinion, telling millions of people that something that is factually real is a hoax is extremely dangerous in the context of a pandemic and stupid people will believe it. You're a moron because you can't even put two and two together to see that a portion of those millions of people who were told that this is a hoax will go out into the public and infect others, some of them will die and some of them will infect and kill others through their own ignorance. That is why he's no longer on twitter, because that level of idiocy will in fact kill others and contribute to the continued spread of the virus which affects everyone living here.

We literally see the effects of this throughout the country, yet you want more stupid people to get to say whatever they want on a privately owned platform. Just mind boggling to be honest. I don't respect your opinions because they're stupid, and I'll just put you on ignore.

B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,355

Post#300 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:51 am

Thread's going well, I see.

Return to New York Knicks