Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,585

Re: Nets Going Forward: Planning for Next Season 

Post#721 » by Rich Rane » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:25 pm

Read on Twitter

Think he's friends with KD. Wonder if they bring him over.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,865

Post#722 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:23 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
Read on Twitter

Trier is better than Theo in my opinion. Strange move by NYK but in happy Theo has maintained a job
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
drchaos
Rookie
And1: 403

Post#723 » by drchaos » Mon Jul 6, 2020 2:17 pm

Jrue Holliday and Serge Ibaka would compliment our best players. If Durant, Irving, and Levert are untradeable what would we have to give up to get both players before next season starts?

As much as I like our other players I can't say that any of them (or our picks) makes me say no to getting both Holliday and Ibaka as long as we keep at least one of our three centers.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#724 » by Prokorov » Wed Jul 8, 2020 1:17 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
Read on Twitter

Trier is better than Theo in my opinion. Strange move by NYK but in happy Theo has maintained a job

Theo is a great locker room guy. hard worker. good to have him around any young team.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#725 » by Prokorov » Wed Jul 8, 2020 1:18 pm

drchaos wrote:Jrue Holliday and Serge Ibaka would compliment our best players. If Durant, Irving, and Levert are untradeable what would we have to give up to get both players before next season starts?

As much as I like our other players I can't say that any of them (or our picks) makes me say no to getting both Holliday and Ibaka as long as we keep at least one of our three centers.

I cant imagine why levert would be untradeable... especially in a scenario that brings title worthy/win-now guys like Ibaka or Holiday here
drchaos
Rookie
And1: 403

Post#726 » by drchaos » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:24 am

Prokorov wrote:
drchaos wrote:Jrue Holliday and Serge Ibaka would compliment our best players. If Durant, Irving, and Levert are untradeable what would we have to give up to get both players before next season starts?

I cant imagine why levert would be untradeable... especially in a scenario that brings title worthy/win-now guys like Ibaka or Holiday here

Perhaps you value Levert lower than I do.

Between our players and future draft picks I would think we can get a lot of value back without sacrificing our third best player.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,068

Post#727 » by therealbig3 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:23 am

Honestly think we should give a healthy version of our team a chance before trading away key depth for a third star. Jarrett Allen is one of the best young centers in the league and potentially an All-Star. Caris Levert has obviously shown flashes of being an All-Star as well, he just hasn't consistently been able to put it together for a season, and injuries have obviously played a part in that. Spencer Dinwiddie basically was an All-Star this year, even if he didn't technically make the team.

We have 3 guys that imo are close to or are basically at All-Star level, IN ADDITION to Kyrie and Durant. That's a depth of talent that a lot of teams don't have. Trading them all away for one superstar player like Beal, for example...I'll be honest, I don't think it moves the needle for us all that much, because of the loss of our depth. Our team also loses 3 talented young players, and I'm sure we'd be giving up draft picks in the deal as well. So we're compromising our future, and not really getting better in any meaningful way.

We're a championship level squad if healthy. We've got an excellent supporting cast that goes like 6 deep with legitimately good NBA players, AND two superstars. Three superstars and like 3-4 serviceable role players isn't necessarily any better.

EDIT: and honestly, a lot of us have given Deandre Jordan a lot of crap this year, sometimes for good reason, but he was actually pretty good this year, outplayed Jarrett Allen and took the starting job from him in fact, and has averaged a near double double. That's actually excellent production from what was mostly our backup center this year.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,547

Post#728 » by NYG » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:00 am

Kyle Kuzma and 29 for Dzanan Musa and 20? I know Kuzma has his limits, but is the production he can give you immediately versus Musa more valuable than moving down 9 spots from one late first to a later one.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#729 » by GTR11 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:15 pm

NYG wrote:Kyle Kuzma and 29 for Dzanan Musa and 20? I know Kuzma has his limits, but is the production he can give you immediately versus Musa more valuable than moving down 9 spots from one late first to a later one.

Giving that for a bench player is a steep price. That's not how Marks operate. We got solid role players that proved they can keep us in a playoffs.
Clax and Rodi has that spot locked down, plus the way it looks Prince will remain as a starter. Also Kuz needs ball and we guard oriented team. He also on trash level when it comes to defense.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#730 » by GTR11 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:21 pm

therealbig3 wrote:Honestly think we should give a healthy version of our team a chance before trading away key depth for a third star. Jarrett Allen is one of the best young centers in the league and potentially an All-Star. Caris Levert has obviously shown flashes of being an All-Star as well, he just hasn't consistently been able to put it together for a season, and injuries have obviously played a part in that. Spencer Dinwiddie basically was an All-Star this year, even if he didn't technically make the team.

We have 3 guys that imo are close to or are basically at All-Star level, IN ADDITION to Kyrie and Durant. That's a depth of talent that a lot of teams don't have. Trading them all away for one superstar player like Beal, for example...I'll be honest, I don't think it moves the needle for us all that much, because of the loss of our depth. Our team also loses 3 talented young players, and I'm sure we'd be giving up draft picks in the deal as well. So we're compromising our future, and not really getting better in any meaningful way.

We're a championship level squad if healthy. We've got an excellent supporting cast that goes like 6 deep with legitimately good NBA players, AND two superstars. Three superstars and like 3-4 serviceable role players isn't necessarily any better.

EDIT: and honestly, a lot of us have given Deandre Jordan a lot of crap this year, sometimes for good reason, but he was actually pretty good this year, outplayed Jarrett Allen and took the starting job from him in fact, and has averaged a near double double. That's actually excellent production from what was mostly our backup center this year.

It's no secret that we aiming Beal but it doesn't look like he's looking for that yet. With limited time for a chip window I can see Marks explore trade for Jrue. Him Kyrie Joe, KD and DJ is a chip favorite and put us into elite level.
I'd love to bet on LeVert but he's so unreliable when it comes to availability. He definitely has all star talent and can play on off the ball on both side. However best ability is availability.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#731 » by MGrand15 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:03 pm

I like Jrue but I'd be pretty scared of trading for him. He's an inefficient scorer and a below average shooter that's under 6'6. His defense is great but there's only so much impact he can have on the game at his height. I like him as a player but I feel like if he slips a bit, he turns into a good roleplayer but not a guy worth giving up a lot for.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#732 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:29 pm

Windhorst is starting rumors about the Nets hiring Mark Jackson.

If the Nets do hire him, that will be an ominous sign. Jackson has a dinosaur's mindset towards the game, and is a bigot, which goes against everything the Brooklyn Nets have stood for as a progressive organization.

GTR11
RealGM

Post#733 » by GTR11 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:29 pm

MGrand15 wrote:I like Jrue but I'd be pretty scared of trading for him. He's an inefficient scorer and a below average shooter that's under 6'6. His defense is great but there's only so much impact he can have on the game at his height. I like him as a player but I feel like if he slips a bit, he turns into a good roleplayer but not a guy worth giving up a lot for.

Same here. It's just I trust Marks so much I'm at peace. You never here anything but you can tell deal would be 50/50 at worst. Crabbe is the only thing haters can chirp on but that wasn't bad imo. To be honest I'd like him back.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#734 » by Paradise » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:39 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Windhorst is starting rumors about the Nets hiring Mark Jackson.

If the Nets do hire him, that will be an ominous sign. Jackson has a dinosaur's mindset towards the game, and is a bigot, which goes against everything the Brooklyn Nets have stood for as a progressive organization.

That hasn’t stopped him from a job at Disney/ESPN and tbh, I’m not going to sit and bash a black man for stuff that happened 4-5 years ago. It’s just as unprogressive. We’ve had a wife beating piece of garbage as our “iconic” point guard in the rafters for quite some time now.

If he gets an interview and actually adds something that we like, I sure hope we wouldn’t discriminate because that also goes against our culture.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#735 » by GTR11 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:47 pm

Paradise wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Windhorst is starting rumors about the Nets hiring Mark Jackson.

That hasn’t stopped him from a job at Disney/ESPN and tbh, I’m not going to sit and bash a black man for stuff that happened 4-5 years ago. It’s just as unprogressive. We’ve had a wife beating piece of garbage as our “iconic” point guard in the rafters for quite some time now.

If he gets an interview and actually adds something that we like, I sure hope we wouldn’t discriminate because that also goes against our culture.

As Barkley said " don't care what color you are black, white, purple etc if you can play you can play with me " . I'm on the same boat here. I don't want to win games in spite of coach, I want my coach to be part of the reason we win. Jackson is a bum period!!! a proven bum azz.
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#736 » by therealbig3 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:36 am

GTR11 wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:Honestly think we should give a healthy version of our team a chance before trading away key depth for a third star. Jarrett Allen is one of the best young centers in the league and potentially an All-Star. Caris Levert has obviously shown flashes of being an All-Star as well, he just hasn't consistently been able to put it together for a season, and injuries have obviously played a part in that. Spencer Dinwiddie basically was an All-Star this year, even if he didn't technically make the team.

It's no secret that we aiming Beal but it doesn't look like he's looking for that yet. With limited time for a chip window I can see Marks explore trade for Jrue. Him Kyrie Joe, KD and DJ is a chip favorite and put us into elite level.
I'd love to bet on LeVert but he's so unreliable when it comes to availability. He definitely has all star talent and can play on off the ball on both side. However best ability is availability.

Honestly don't think Jrue/Kyrie/Joe/KD/DJ is any better than Dinwiddie/Levert/Allen/Kyrie/KD/Joe/DJ. Actually, I think we're clearly worse with Jrue than with Dinwiddie/Allen/Levert. Beal/Kyrie/KD with Joe Harris and DJ isn't necessarily better either. People are seriously underrating how important depth and versatility are.

It's debatable if Jrue is even better than Dinwiddie or Allen individually tbh.
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#737 » by therealbig3 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:43 am

Paradise wrote:

He's a bad coach. Steve Kerr (who I don't think is necessarily all that great of a coach himself, but is definitely above average) took the same supporting cast to an average of 70 wins and a title over the next 2 years. Which Jackson was leading to an average of 49 wins and a 6th seed.

Like MDB said, he's a dinosaur when it comes to basketball philosophy, and he IS a bigot.

Seriously, MDA should be at the top of everyone's coaching list. One of the best coaches of the last 20 years that never gets the credit he deserves. We shouldn't be going after a proven failure and crazy person like Mark Jackson.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#738 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:50 am

Paradise wrote:

I'm not going to give another Black man a pass for his bigotry, this piece of **** said he would "pray" for Jason Collins because he's gay. Is that cool with you? He hasn't apologized or recanted that, if that stuff came up under media scrutiny again, I highly doubt ABC/Disney will fight to keep him employed. I'm all for solidarity but not at the expense of decency, homophobia kills Black men and women at a ridiculous rate and I refuse to condone it or look the other way. And Kidd is a PoS too.

Also, he's a nutjob, he said that Harrison Barnes was possessed by a demon, and I can pull up a ton of awful stuff that he did as coach of the warriors. The dude is a toxic human being.

I'm all for the Nets hiring a Black coach, but Jackson is a huge no. I'll be rooting for Vaughn to do well if that's the case.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#739 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:56 am

therealbig3 wrote:
Paradise wrote:

He's a bad coach. Steve Kerr (who I don't think is necessarily all that great of a coach himself, but is definitely above average) took the same supporting cast to an average of 70 wins and a title over the next 2 years. Which Jackson was leading to an average of 49 wins and a 6th seed.

Like MDB said, he's a dinosaur when it comes to basketball philosophy, and he IS a bigot.

Seriously, MDA should be at the top of everyone's coaching list. One of the best coaches of the last 20 years that never gets the credit he deserves. We shouldn't be going after a proven failure and crazy person like Mark Jackson.

I would gladly take MDA.

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Nets Going Forward: Planning for Next Season 

Post#740 » by Paradise » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:22 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:

I'm not going to give another Black man a pass for his bigotry, this piece of **** said he would "pray" for Jason Collins because he's gay. Is that cool with you? He hasn't apologized or recanted that, if that stuff came up under media scrutiny again, I highly doubt ABC/Disney will fight to keep him employed. I'm all for solidarity but not at the expense of decency, homophobia kills Black men and women at a ridiculous rate and I refuse to condone it or look the other way. And Kidd is a PoS too.

Also, he's a nutjob, he said that Harrison Barnes was possessed by a demon, and I can pull up a ton of awful stuff that he did as coach of the warriors. The dude is a toxic human being.

I'm all for the Nets hiring a Black coach, but Jackson is a huge no. I'll be rooting for Vaughn to do well if that's the case.

I’m no Mark Jackson fan either and I’m aware of every quote including the whole Festus Ezeli and assistant coach thing but I don’t think it’s wise to not do due diligence based off of online reports. That’s just simply not how a well run organization works. It doesn’t mean it leads to him getting hired either but I’d atleast give him a formal interview. It’s not prison.

I’d obviously take Vaughn, Lue, Phil Handy, Ime Udoka, or even Mike Woodson etc before I take him but I would extend an interview if it means keeping my entire team of stars satisfied.

Btw, who’s MDA? D’antoni?

Return to Brooklyn Nets