ImageImageImageImageImage

Moar COVID 19 talk.

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,637

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#301 » by prophet_of_rage » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:10 pm

Back on track. Spain had a study similar to China showing antibodies are gone after 2-3 months. So herd immunity is really unlikely and if there is a vaccine they are suggesting boosters might be necessary.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,335

Post#302 » by Phish Tank » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:47 pm

so many millenials ruining things for everyone once again....

Gotta start determining whether they were at these parties and perhaps send them home... can't fill up hospitals with idiotic covid spreaders.

At the same time, if you know your kids were doing something stupid like this, don't allow em back home...
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,867

Post#303 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:59 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:Back on track. Spain had a study similar to China showing antibodies are gone after 2-3 months. So herd immunity is really unlikely and if there is a vaccine they are suggesting boosters might be necessary.

And that may also mean people who've already tested positive may get re-infected and possibly sick more than once or could spread the virus multiple times. So much remains unclear though.

Herd Immunity is fading as an option which basically means everything Trump and most of the GOP is pushing is 100% BS
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,286

Post#304 » by Zenzibar » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:58 pm

Yo fellas my apologies, if I derailed the topic before. Was a momentary lapse.

In the future, I'll take my dumb ass to another thread, if there's nothing constructive to add.

However, let me tone it down and give my two cents.
1. Re: the Millennials
The Millennials helped expose this overt racism and by being in the frontlines of each march, help save much violence during them. Believe me.

2. What the government is pushing we don't know, they themselves are not even on the same page. There comes a time that the people themselves have to question everything and make chioces.

We can no longer trust that the Dems either will have a more united government and policy. Study, do your research and protect your own families as best you can tell.
Cause the govmt right now is in total chaos.
There are military squads in Portland snatching people up (millennials organizers ?) and then noone can agree what to with the school kids come Fall.

The Dems waiting for Trumps demise have offered no alternatives policies, so dont be happy with them either.

I'm out.
Stop All Genocides
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,443

Post#305 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:02 pm

Phish Tank wrote:so many millenials ruining things for everyone once again....

Gotta start determining whether they were at these parties and perhaps send them home... can't fill up hospitals with idiotic covid spreaders.

At the same time, if you know your kids were doing something stupid like this, don't allow em back home...

And cut off their partying money!
Free Palestine
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#306 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:28 am

Read on Twitter
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#307 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:36 am

Zenzibar wrote:Yo fellas my apologies, if I derailed the topic before. Was a momentary lapse.

In the future, I'll take my dumb ass to another thread, if there's nothing constructive to add.

The Millennials helped expose this overt racism and by being in the frontlines of each march, help save much violence during them. Believe me.

2. What the government is pushing we don't know, they themselves are not even on the same page. There comes a time that the people themselves have to question everything and make chioces.

We can no longer trust that the Dems either will have a more united government and policy. Study, do your research and protect your own families as best you can tell.
There are military squads in Portland snatching people up (millennials organizers ?) and then noone can agree what to with the school kids come Fall.

The Dems waiting for Trumps demise have offered no alternatives policies, so dont be happy with them either.

I'm out.

Sorry, but that is not helpful in the least.

Hillary Clinton would have invoked the Defense Production Act to get PPE to every hospital in America early in the pandemic, she would have mounted a massive federal effort to implement wide scale testing and she would have provided the leadership where we would today have a national consensus that wearing a mask is the right thing to do.

Instead, we have had a sub-human trash heap who claimed it was a hoax, competed with the states for PPE and even had federal agents appropriate state reserves, who shipped PPE to China instead of using it domestically, is shutting down scientists from doing their job, diverting CDC data and lying to the public.

And you want to tell us it doesn't really matter who is in power?

And no alternatives? Where do you get this nonsense? Do you even read? Biden very clearly laid out a plan this past week to establish a domestic national supply chain so America would never be caught short-handed on PPE and medical supplies again.

The democrats would not be engaging in racist dog whistling or sending in federal goons to handle state matters.

Everything you just wrote is nonsense. Of course, there is a massive difference between the two parties. GTFO

Yeah, maybe you need to take a break and put back on your thinking cap, because that is straight up BS
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,041

Post#308 » by robillionaire » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:17 am

Ok boomer
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,286

Post#309 » by Zenzibar » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:51 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:Yo fellas my apologies, if I derailed the topic before. Was a momentary lapse.

I'm out.

Hillary Clinton would have invoked the Defense Production Act to get PPE to every hospital in America early in the pandemic, she would have mounted a massive federal effort to implement wide scale testing and she would have provided the leadership where we would today have a national consensus that wearing a mask is the right thing to do.

Instead, we have had a sub-human trash heap who claimed it was a hoax, competed with the states for PPE and even had federal agents appropriate state reserves, who shipped PPE to China instead of using it domestically, is shutting down scientists from doing their job, diverting CDC data and lying to the public.

And no alternatives? Where do you get this nonsense? Do you even read? Biden very clearly laid out a plan this past week to establish a domestic national supply chain so America would never be caught short-handed on PPE and medical supplies again.

The democrats would not be engaging in racist dog whistling or sending in federal goons to handle state matters.

Everything you just wrote is nonsense. Of course, there is a massive difference between the two parties. GTFO

Yeah, maybe you need to take a break and put back on your thinking cap, because that is straight up BS

I see you're a Hillary lover. Same folks who stole billions from the Haitian relief fund, she's so dirty her sht even has stains.

Maybe Epstein's flight manifest books with Clinton's name on it is not enough?
or
Maybe you need to take your Hillary button wearing ass and GTFO with that recycled BS.
Stop All Genocides
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#310 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:10 am

Zenzibar wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

I'm out.

I see you're a Hillary lover. Same folks who stole billions from the Haitian relief fund, she's so dirty her sht even has stains.

or
Maybe you need to take your Hillary button wearing ass and GTFO with that recycled BS.

Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#311 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:13 am

robillionaire wrote:

Ok boomer

Oh snap, it's on!

Free Palestine
bigfnjoe96
General Manager
And1: 3,948

Post#312 » by bigfnjoe96 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:14 am

Last night on Steinway in Astoria. Huge Covid party right in the street. PoPo did jack....

https://nypost.com/2020/07/18/video-shows-people-in-queens-flooding-streets-without-masks/

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#313 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:14 am

Zenzibar wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

I'm out.

or

Who said anything about loving Hillary Clinton? I certainly didn't

You were complaining that there is no substantial difference between the parties. Considering the situation we are presently in it is blatantly ignorant to claim the Trump administration and the GOP is not substantively different from the Democrats.

That anyone at this late stage of Trump's term would even have the gall to suggest there is no substantive difference between parties is incredible. If you believe that, you're deranged.

So what about Hillary huh? That's your response?

You don't read anything. You just repeat stupid memes.

Here are two articles to read. Educate yourself instead of repeating stupid accusations.

https://inthesetimes.com/features/haiti_earthquake_recovery_us_aid_anniversay_military_waste.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37826098

There are clearly Haitians who dislike the Clintons, but if you actually knew anything you'd understand the systemic issues of how money was used does not fall on the Clinton Foundation which has been rated an A by Charity Watch for some time with confirmation they spend roughly 88% of their funding on their charity missions each year and retain 12% to run the charity. That's a high ratio compared to many charities. The biggest failure of the Clintons in Haiti was building the Caracol business park and not being able to get the numbers of 100,000 employment they were hoping for. It ended up at around 8,000 new jobs. But the overall failure of relief in Haiti was governmental, not the Clinton Foundation. The Pentagon billed hundreds of millions to send troops to patrol the streets and hand out bottled water. There was tons of fraud in Haiti and there has been before the earthquake and ever since.

And the Clinton Foundation was one of the primary forces behind getting pharmaceutical companies to supply at cost billions of dollars of AIDs drugs to African countries.

Here, educate yourself. They probably saved millions of lives in Africa alone by brokering those deals

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/9/22/12893444/clinton-foundation-effectiveness

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2016/jun/15/hillary-clinton/clinton-clinton-foundation-helped-9-million-lower-/

Read actual reporting for once and stop spreading BS about things you know absolutely nothing about. If you can't take the time to inform yourself then zip it.

I responded to you calmly and logically yesterday when you were complaining about Chuck Woolery being shut down by social media mobs. Well, Chuck was spreading dumb crap and so are you. You want to post stupid lies then you'll have to eat bitter from now on.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#314 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:18 am

bigfnjoe96 wrote:Last night on Steinway in Astoria. Huge Covid party right in the street. PoPo did jack....

https://nypost.com/2020/07/18/video-shows-people-in-queens-flooding-streets-without-masks/

I thought it was only crazy white people who like to challenge life. You know, diving off of planes, rock climbing, white water rafting in Deliverance, rasslin' alligators, NOT WEARING MASKS. What are all of these Black folks doing?
Free Palestine
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#315 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:21 am

bigfnjoe96 wrote:Last night on Steinway in Astoria. Huge Covid party right in the street. PoPo did jack....

You know what? Fck those people. They'll flood the hospitals gasping for air in two weeks thinking the world owes them medical care when they don't care about anyone but themselves. If the Cops did anything about it there would be a riot even though this is an instance where it is the people in the streets who have no conscience, not law enforcement. And the same goes for a pool party full of dumbass white folks in the Ozarks. America is full of dirtbags of every color.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Post#316 » by GONYK » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:10 am

Read on Twitter
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#317 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:19 am

GONYK wrote:
Read on Twitter

If someone was to ask Trump, "How many Americans would you sacrifice to COVID in order to get re-elected?", I believe he'd be thinking to himself, "However many it takes."
Free Palestine
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#318 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:21 am

GONYK wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah, they are reporting that Trump now considers the pandemic a distraction and he wants to spend no further time on the subject. He's got heads to break in Portland and other more pressing issues. His fragile ego can't handle his epic failure so he's trying to suppress any data he can.
mrtease
Sophomore
And1: 220

Post#319 » by mrtease » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:31 am

Don't think Trump's a millenial, don't think most of the people who voted for him are either
movingon
Sixth Man
And1: 327

Post#320 » by movingon » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:59 am

I was listening to an interview with an antibody expert, although I've forgotten where.
It's indeed not great news that antibodies only stay in the blood for 2-3 months, but apparently, it's not quite as simple as this.
Although antibodies may disappear, in other cases there is often a kind of memory effect for mechanism that produces the antibodies.
This means that the body is able to mount a defense much more quickly the next time it encounters the virus.
This being said, we don't yet know how long and to what extent immunity lasts for covid-19.

prophet_of_rage wrote:Back on track. Spain had a study similar to China showing antibodies are gone after 2-3 months. So herd immunity is really unlikely and if there is a vaccine they are suggesting boosters might be necessary.

Return to New York Knicks