Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,020

Re: Joel Embiid 

Post#261 » by eyeatoma » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:22 am

ankle420breaker wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
ankle420breaker wrote:Doesn't look like he lost a pound.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
His face isn't as puffy. Mind you they never claimed he lost wait. Just that his conditioning was great.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
We'll see when its game time. Still disappointing that he and the organization can't get him to hit optimal playing weight, especially with this issue being directly in the spotlight for quite some time now.

True although this wasn't a regular off-season. Didn't really have all the equipment he needed because of the pandemic. The biggest change he can make is with diet. We'll see if that ever happens. I'm just happy he doesn't look like post lock out Shawn Kemp.

ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#262 » by ankle420breaker » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:41 am

eyeatoma wrote:
ankle420breaker wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:His face isn't as puffy. Mind you they never claimed he lost wait. Just that his conditioning was great.

We'll see when its game time. Still disappointing that he and the organization can't get him to hit optimal playing weight, especially with this issue being directly in the spotlight for quite some time now.

True although this wasn't a regular off-season. Didn't really have all the equipment he needed because of the pandemic. The biggest change he can make is with diet. We'll see if that ever happens. I'm just happy he doesn't look like post lock out Shawn Kemp.

Jokic dropped the weight with no excuses. Joel and the team knew full well that everyone was waiting to see what kind of shape he shows up in.

youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,446

Post#263 » by youngcrev » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:43 pm

ankle420breaker wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
ankle420breaker wrote:We'll see when its game time. Still disappointing that he and the organization can't get him to hit optimal playing weight, especially with this issue being directly in the spotlight for quite some time now.

Jokic dropped the weight with no excuses. Joel and the team knew full well that everyone was waiting to see what kind of shape he shows up in.

All it took for Jokic was a virus that makes you lose your sense of taste, lol.

I still don't get why they don't just have Embiid swimming a bunch. Maybe there's some sports science stuff I'm overlooking, but if they're trying to improve his general cardiovascular conditioning without putting a beating on his joints, it feels like a pretty obvious answer.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#264 » by eyeatoma » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:15 pm

youngcrev wrote:
ankle420breaker wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:True although this wasn't a regular off-season. Didn't really have all the equipment he needed because of the pandemic. The biggest change he can make is with diet. We'll see if that ever happens. I'm just happy he doesn't look like post lock out Shawn Kemp.

I still don't get why they don't just have Embiid swimming a bunch. Maybe there's some sports science stuff I'm overlooking, but if they're trying to improve his general cardiovascular conditioning without putting a beating on his joints, it feels like a pretty obvious answer.
To be fair Embiid was never in a bad shape as Jokic was. Jokic looked like Michael Sweetney in the beginning of the season. I'm not saying Embiid doesn't need to get into shape. Just that he's never lost himself go like Joker did. It is frustrating that he won't do it.

youngcrev
RealGM

Post#265 » by youngcrev » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:22 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
ankle420breaker wrote:Jokic dropped the weight with no excuses. Joel and the team knew full well that everyone was waiting to see what kind of shape he shows up in.

To be fair Embiid was never in a bad shape as Jokic was. Jokic looked like Michael Sweetney in the beginning of the season. I'm not saying Embiid doesn't need to get into shape. Just that he's never lost himself go like Joker did. It is frustrating that he won't do it.

From a visual, excess weight perspective, definitely. Not sure his Jo's cardio has been any better than him though (don't watch Jokic enough to know, but him being fat seems to be a bigger subject than him getting winded)
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#266 » by eyeatoma » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:27 pm

youngcrev wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
youngcrev wrote:

From a visual, excess weight perspective, definitely. Not sure his Jo's cardio has been any better than him though (don't watch Jokic enough to know, but him being fat seems to be a bigger subject than him getting winded)
Well that's what Brett and others day had gotten better so we'll have to see. I'm hopeful but i won't be surprised, if it's underwhelming.

Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,046

Post#267 » by Sixerscan » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:59 pm

youngcrev wrote:
ankle420breaker wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:True although this wasn't a regular off-season. Didn't really have all the equipment he needed because of the pandemic. The biggest change he can make is with diet. We'll see if that ever happens. I'm just happy he doesn't look like post lock out Shawn Kemp.

Agreed, except:
Read on Twitter
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#268 » by eyeatoma » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:05 pm

Haha, I feel like I remember this from a while back lol.

eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#269 » by eyeatoma » Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:40 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Brett has gone out of his way to mention this about multiple times, without being asked specifically about it. Feel like it's true.

ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#270 » by ankle420breaker » Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:46 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Brett has gone out of his way to mention this about multiple times, without being asked specifically about it. Feel like it's true.

I'd be more encouraged if Brett didn't have a history of going out of his way to coddle and praise his players to protect them from criticism.

youngcrev
RealGM

Post#271 » by youngcrev » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:16 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
ankle420breaker wrote:Jokic dropped the weight with no excuses. Joel and the team knew full well that everyone was waiting to see what kind of shape he shows up in.

Agreed, except:
Read on Twitter

Well, that's problematic. Now I'm just picturing Jo in my 2 year old's swim class, haha.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#272 » by eyeatoma » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:59 pm

ankle420breaker wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

I'd be more encouraged if Brett didn't have a history of going out of his way to coddle and praise his players to protect them from criticism.

True

eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#273 » by eyeatoma » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:42 pm

For what it's worth the guy from The Painted Lines feels like he's in great shape.

Read on Twitter
?s=19

eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#274 » by eyeatoma » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:07 am

Definitely looking slimmer.

Read on Twitter
?s=19

eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#275 » by eyeatoma » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:08 pm

Jo looking dominant.

Read on Twitter
?s=19

AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 362

Post#276 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:54 am

If we land 2020 top 3 and get James Wiseman, how about:

Wiggins + Wiseman for Embiid on draft night?
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#277 » by BullyKing » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:19 am

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:If we land 2020 top 3 and get James Wiseman, how about:

How about we block your number?
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
kio80
Sixth Man
And1: 1,076

Joel Embiid 

Post#278 » by kio80 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:28 am

eyeatoma wrote:Jo looking dominant.

Read on Twitter
?s=19

I knew he was gonna fall or dive on the ground at some point, just stay on your feet big guy.
I have never seen him once managed to win a possession ever when he dives on the ground, so why bother

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#279 » by youngcrev » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:08 am

:lol:
Wouldn't even trade Tobias for that package.
cool93
Analyst
And1: 1,992

Post#280 » by cool93 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:25 am

I mean, I'm not even sure that package has positive value. Come on now.

Sent from my G3416 using RealGM mobile app

Return to Philadelphia 76ers