ImageImageImageImageImage

Moar COVID 19 talk.

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,635

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#321 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:20 pm

movingon wrote: quote="prophet_of_rage"]Back on track. Spain had a study similar to China showing antibodies are gone after 2-3 months. So herd immunity is really unlikely and if there is a vaccine they are suggesting boosters might be necessary.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk

I was listening to an interview with an antibody expert, although I've forgotten where.

It's indeed not great news that antibodies only stay in the blood for 2-3 months, but apparently, it's not quite as simple as this.
Although antibodies may disappear, in other cases there is often a kind of memory effect for mechanism that produces the antibodies.

This means that the body is able to mount a defense much more quickly the next time it encounters the virus.

This being said, we don't yet know how long and to what extent immunity lasts for covid-19
[[/quote]

I heard a news report of a person who got the virus, had mild symptoms for two weeks, fully recovered with no symptoms for the following 6 weeks, and then contracted it again with more severe symptoms.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#322 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:21 pm

movingon wrote:I was listening to an interview with an antibody expert, although I've forgotten where.
It's indeed not great news that antibodies only stay in the blood for 2-3 months, but apparently, it's not quite as simple as this.
Although antibodies may disappear, in other cases there is often a kind of memory effect for mechanism that produces the antibodies.
This means that the body is able to mount a defense much more quickly the next time it encounters the virus.
This being said, we don't yet know how long and to what extent immunity lasts for covid-19.
prophet_of_rage wrote:Back on track. Spain had a study similar to China showing antibodies are gone after 2-3 months. So herd immunity is really unlikely and if there is a vaccine they are suggesting boosters might be necessary.

I heard a news report of a person who got the virus, had mild symptoms for two weeks, fully recovered with no symptoms for the following 6 weeks, and then contracted it again with more severe symptoms.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#323 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:42 pm

What’s going on with your respective relationship status? Do the walls seem like they’re closing in on you and your significant other or is this all bringing you closer together?

Anybody meet someone new in their life who you’d like to start a relationship with but you’re too concerned about getting the virus?
Free Palestine
movingon
Sixth Man
And1: 329

Post#324 » by movingon » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:23 pm

Yeah, there have been these anecdotal reports flying around.
Ultimately, if you get rid of the virus, it's antibodies that are doing that job.
It's definitely a concern that immunity seems to be short-lived in some cases, but it would be surprising if < 6 weeks of immunity is the norm.
Some experts seem not yet convinced that this isn't still the same infection.
Time will tell, I guess.

HarthorneWingo wrote:
movingon wrote:I was listening to an interview with an antibody expert, although I've forgotten where.
This being said, we don't yet know how long and to what extent immunity lasts for covid-19.
prophet_of_rage wrote:Back on track. Spain had a study similar to China showing antibodies are gone after 2-3 months. So herd immunity is really unlikely and if there is a vaccine they are suggesting boosters might be necessary.

prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,650

Post#325 » by prophet_of_rage » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:28 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:What’s going on with your respective relationship status? Do the walls seem like they’re closing in on you and your significant other or is this all bringing you closer together?

Anybody meet someone new in their life who you’d like to start a relationship with but you’re too concerned about getting the virus?
I'm separated but co-parenting in the same house so it's not great. Weekends are very depressing.

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#326 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:48 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:What’s going on with your respective relationship status? Do the walls seem like they’re closing in on you and your significant other or is this all bringing you closer together?

I'm separated but co-parenting in the same house so it's not great. Weekends are very depressing.

Oh man, that sucks. Sorry to hear that. I guess you and your ex aren’t getting back together? How old are the kids?
Free Palestine
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,046

Post#327 » by GONYK » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:39 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
rammagen
Head Coach
And1: 778

Post#328 » by rammagen » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:39 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
rammagen wrote:
Thepaintismine wrote:
Dat be sick yo! How bout we mask them and isolate them, instead o da whole world? Dat make sense.
Peace!

And when someone you care for gets sick or if you get sick? The issue here is people are narrow minded thinking only about themselves and not other people at risk. The idea of the wearing a mask is to spread out the peak not to stop everyone from getting sick. At the current rate allot of states will run out of ICU beds causing a trickle effect of more deaths because hospitals will be overran with sick people putting additional people at risk. If you spread the peak of the virus out you stop the the hospitals from being overfilled and and are able to save more people over a longer period of time.

If you think this is fake why not ask some of the people below who thought it was fake. for some of them it is too late they passed before their time because people would not wear masks not only to protect themselves but other people.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/04/07/woman-who-called-pandemic-a-hoax/
https://www.unilad.co.uk/health/dying-man-tells-nurse-i-thought-it-was-a-hoax-after-attending-covid-party-in-texas/
https://www.npr.org/2020/05/15/857104944/family-of-covid-19-victim-who-criticized-hysteria-around-virus-faces-online-atta

This is my version of why we should all wear masks in public.
(WARNING: Some of these suggestions require a functioning federal government collaborating with functional state governments).

You can flatten the curve and then reduce infections to almost no new cases if:

Everyone wears a mask. A real mask, not a bandana or a t-shirt. They don't work. A true filtration mask that minimizes aerosol emissions. This may require govt initiatives to ensure everyone has a N95 quality mask.

If everyone wears a mask and maintains distance, the rates of infection drop very quickly.

Then you'd be able to crush the virus (SEE: New Zealand) with:

Free public testing

Protocols requiring temperature checks at borders, airports and office buildings. You're over the threshhold you go home and get a test.

Repeat and Rinse until you get a handle on who is infected and who is not, thus driving down the possibility of unknown carriers continuing to spread to the virus.

It appears we'll have to wait for a Biden administration for these measures to be implemented, but all of the above should be happening and it is not. Thus, the third wave during flu season will be larger than the current surge and it would have been preventable.

I agree 100%
I wear a neck wrap mask with a removable filter that is good for a few hours and I change it weekly and have been working from home since march and will be doing so till December for social distancing. I have that chance not everyone does, so please be careful and wash your hands wear a mask and keep 6' distance
Quote from ESPN’s Bill Simmons posted on Twitter “28 FT’s to 5. I don’t watch rigged NBA games, I’m switching to hockey”
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,373

Post#329 » by Zenzibar » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:57 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Sorry, but that is not helpful in the least.

Hillary Clinton would have invoked the Defense Production Act to get PPE to every hospital in America early in the pandemic, she would have mounted a massive federal effort to implement wide scale testing and she would have provided the leadership where we would today have a national consensus that wearing a mask is the right thing to do.

Instead, we have had a sub-human trash heap who claimed it was a hoax, competed with the states for PPE and even had federal agents appropriate state reserves, who shipped PPE to China instead of using it domestically, is shutting down scientists from doing their job, diverting CDC data and lying to the public.

And you want to tell us it doesn't really matter who is in power?

And no alternatives? Where do you get this nonsense? Do you even read? Biden very clearly laid out a plan this past week to establish a domestic national supply chain so America would never be caught short-handed on PPE and medical supplies again.

The democrats would not be engaging in racist dog whistling or sending in federal goons to handle state matters.

Everything you just wrote is nonsense. Of course, there is a massive difference between the two parties. GTFO

Yeah, maybe you need to take a break and put back on your thinking cap, because that is straight up BS

I see you're a Hillary lover. Same folks who stole billions from the Haitian relief fund, she's so dirty her sht even has stains.

Maybe Epstein's flight manifest books with Clinton's name on it is not enough?
or
Maybe you need to take your Hillary button wearing ass and GTFO with that recycled BS.

Who said anything about loving Hillary Clinton? I certainly didn't

You were complaining that there is no substantial difference between the parties. Considering the situation we are presently in it is blatantly ignorant to claim the Trump administration and the GOP is not substantively different from the Democrats.

That anyone at this late stage of Trump's term would even have the gall to suggest there is no substantive difference between parties is incredible. If you believe that, you're deranged.

So what about Hillary huh? That's your response?

You don't read anything. You just repeat stupid memes.

Here are two articles to read. Educate yourself instead of repeating stupid accusations.

https://inthesetimes.com/features/haiti_earthquake_recovery_us_aid_anniversay_military_waste.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37826098

There are clearly Haitians who dislike the Clintons, but if you actually knew anything you'd understand the systemic issues of how money was used does not fall on the Clinton Foundation which has been rated an A by Charity Watch for some time with confirmation they spend roughly 88% of their funding on their charity missions each year and retain 12% to run the charity. That's a high ratio compared to many charities. The biggest failure of the Clintons in Haiti was building the Caracol business park and not being able to get the numbers of 100,000 employment they were hoping for. It ended up at around 8,000 new jobs. But the overall failure of relief in Haiti was governmental, not the Clinton Foundation. The Pentagon billed hundreds of millions to send troops to patrol the streets and hand out bottled water. There was tons of fraud in Haiti and there has been before the earthquake and ever since.

And the Clinton Foundation was one of the primary forces behind getting pharmaceutical companies to supply at cost billions of dollars of AIDs drugs to African countries.

Here, educate yourself. They probably saved millions of lives in Africa alone by brokering those deals

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/9/22/12893444/clinton-foundation-effectiveness

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2016/jun/15/hillary-clinton/clinton-clinton-foundation-helped-9-million-lower-/

Read actual reporting for once and stop spreading BS about things you know absolutely nothing about. If you can't take the time to inform yourself then zip it.

I responded to you calmly and logically yesterday when you were complaining about Chuck Woolery being shut down by social media mobs. Well, Chuck was spreading dumb crap and so are you. You want to post stupid lies then you'll have to eat bitter from now on.

Hopefully I can respond, with the topic totally considered.

So as to understand clearly. You linked 2 write ups on why the Clinton's philanthropic deeds should clear them of any previous crimes against humanity? Correct?
Question.
The Haitians also count? Were they not robbed into more poverty and despair by this same Foundation? No?

Was Clinton's name not on known pedophile Epstein's plane manifest?

That's all I want to ask.

No need to continue to call me derogatory names my dude. Bully tactics son? Jjja

The Covid will require unity of government and other than you, the Clinton's have a very weak fanbase. Lol

Topic:
What we do know is that this Covid is highly transmittal with a rather strong genetic constitution. Facts.
Keeping away from crowds and wearing masks until the virus clears out is a must. Facts.

Other than that, what Clinton would do or anyone else is just conjectured.
Stop All Genocides
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,253

Post#330 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:03 pm

Zenzibar wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:
I see you're a Hillary lover. Same folks who stole billions from the Haitian relief fund, she's so dirty her sht even has stains.

Maybe Epstein's flight manifest books with Clinton's name on it is not enough?
or
Maybe you need to take your Hillary button wearing ass and GTFO with that recycled BS.

Who said anything about loving Hillary Clinton? I certainly didn't

You were complaining that there is no substantial difference between the parties. Considering the situation we are presently in it is blatantly ignorant to claim the Trump administration and the GOP is not substantively different from the Democrats.

That anyone at this late stage of Trump's term would even have the gall to suggest there is no substantive difference between parties is incredible. If you believe that, you're deranged.

So what about Hillary huh? That's your response?

You don't read anything. You just repeat stupid memes.

Here are two articles to read. Educate yourself instead of repeating stupid accusations.

https://inthesetimes.com/features/haiti_earthquake_recovery_us_aid_anniversay_military_waste.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37826098

There are clearly Haitians who dislike the Clintons, but if you actually knew anything you'd understand the systemic issues of how money was used does not fall on the Clinton Foundation which has been rated an A by Charity Watch for some time with confirmation they spend roughly 88% of their funding on their charity missions each year and retain 12% to run the charity. That's a high ratio compared to many charities. The biggest failure of the Clintons in Haiti was building the Caracol business park and not being able to get the numbers of 100,000 employment they were hoping for. It ended up at around 8,000 new jobs. But the overall failure of relief in Haiti was governmental, not the Clinton Foundation. The Pentagon billed hundreds of millions to send troops to patrol the streets and hand out bottled water. There was tons of fraud in Haiti and there has been before the earthquake and ever since.

And the Clinton Foundation was one of the primary forces behind getting pharmaceutical companies to supply at cost billions of dollars of AIDs drugs to African countries.

Here, educate yourself. They probably saved millions of lives in Africa alone by brokering those deals

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/9/22/12893444/clinton-foundation-effectiveness

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2016/jun/15/hillary-clinton/clinton-clinton-foundation-helped-9-million-lower-/

Read actual reporting for once and stop spreading BS about things you know absolutely nothing about. If you can't take the time to inform yourself then zip it.

I responded to you calmly and logically yesterday when you were complaining about Chuck Woolery being shut down by social media mobs. Well, Chuck was spreading dumb crap and so are you. You want to post stupid lies then you'll have to eat bitter from now on.

Hopefully I can respond, with the topic totally considered.

So as to understand clearly. You linked 2 write ups on why the Clinton's philanthropic deeds should clear them of any previous crimes against humanity? Correct?
Question.
The Haitians also count? Were they not robbed into more poverty and despair by this same Foundation? No?

Was Clinton's name not on known pedophile Epstein's plane manifest?

That's all I want to ask.

No need to continue to call me derogatory names my dude. Bully tactics son? Jjja

The Covid will require unity of government and other than you, the Clinton's have a very weak fanbase. Lol

I don't play whataboutism, gas lighting and quiz master games online. Those are the tactics of trolls or people who expect others to do their homework for them.

11M served in Africa, but whatabout Bill? OK, dude. If Bill is proven to be a pedo, then lock him up. Doesn't change anything about whether or not there is a difference between parties when your original thesis is they are fundamentally the same, whether the Clinton Foundation has on balance been a strong force for good or whether Hillary Clinton is vastly better qualified and capable of doing the job Trump clearly cannot. Later
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,650

Post#331 » by prophet_of_rage » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:55 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:

Oh man, that sucks. Sorry to hear that. I guess you and your ex aren’t getting back together? How old are the kids?
One child 13 years old. No we aren't getting back together. Solitary confinement in the house hasn't generated any desire to. The only issue with the pandemic is we can't live our lives outside the house. So it's basically an awkward roommate. Like a cell mate, I suppose.

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#332 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:45 am

prophet_of_rage wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:I'm separated but co-parenting in the same house so it's not great. Weekends are very depressing.

One child 13 years old. No we aren't getting back together. Solitary confinement in the house hasn't generated any desire to. The only issue with the pandemic is we can't live our lives outside the house. So it's basically an awkward roommate. Like a cell mate, I suppose.

Yikes. Going for long walks with your headset is very underrated. You need to get some time for yourself.
Free Palestine
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#333 » by GONYK » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:03 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#334 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:45 pm

GONYK wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Nope. Too late now. Too late now. To the gas chamber with all of them, I say. :D
Free Palestine
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#335 » by GONYK » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:48 pm

Read on Twitter
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#336 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:17 pm

GONYK wrote:
Read on Twitter

MF is desperate now

Wonder what the MAGA anti-mask freedom fighters' convoluted rationalization will be for this about face.
spaceballer
Head Coach
And1: 2,707

Post#337 » by spaceballer » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:09 am

Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#338 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:13 am

spaceballer wrote:Image
https://xkcd.com/2333/