Bubble Roster

Moderator: THE J0KER

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Bubble Roster 

Post#1 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Jul 7, 2020 6:47 pm

We know that Coach Malone mostly prefers a 9-man rotation (sorta, kinda).

The below list has 8 players listed:

Center is clearly Jokic & Plumlee - right?
PF is certainly going to be Millsap & Grant - right?
SF - Barton [backup here puzzles me the most]
SG - Harris [plus Barton & Murray?]
PG - Murray [with Morris? - right?]

Where does that leave Porter & Bates-Diop & Craig? Which one gets the backup SF minutes?

Or does Malone go big with Grant at SF alongside Millsap or Plumlee at PF for an 8-man roster?
Or maybe he goes small more often using Harris at SF with Murray & Morris at guard?
Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,534

Re: Bubble Roster 

Post#2 » by Alatan » Tue Jul 7, 2020 7:07 pm

Craig goes for those defensive assignments. Id bring MPJ along just to get a taste of the playoffs.
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,773

Post#3 » by TunaFish » Wed Jul 8, 2020 4:08 am

MPJ will play at small forward, bank on it.
Canned in Denver.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Post#4 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jul 8, 2020 4:01 pm

Yeah, with Tuna on thi s one, MPJ won't start but I'd bet he get 15-20min per game in the playoffs. Malone has to start seeing what he's got in the "rookie"
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
DaFan334
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,333

Post#5 » by DaFan334 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:35 am

I'm curious how long of a leash they have on Gary Harris. I hope he can come back to form, but if not Craig might steal his minutes with Barton.
skywalker33

Post#6 » by skywalker33 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:08 pm

DaFan334 wrote:I'm curious how long of a leash they have on Gary Harris. I hope he can come back to form, but if not Craig might steal his minutes with Barton.

So, who do you think is a better defender, Harris or Craig ?

And if you give big minutes to Craig, wouldn’t that diminish the Nuggets negotiating position since Craig is becoming a Free Agent ? Could it make also making him look better to other teams as well ?

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:45 pm

Based on what Malone has said recently, I'm wondering if he isn't going to play 10 or 12 players in Orlando. He's talking about not wearing people out real fast.

With multiple point guards plus Harris & Barton and Craig at shooting guard; and Barton and Craig and Porter and Bates-Diop at small forward plus Milsap, Grant, Bol at power forward and of course Jokic and Plumlee at center. He's got plenty of options.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app
TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#8 » by TunaFish » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:28 pm

I know that Jokic has arrived (great interview on the internet). Any word on Garry Harris?
Canned in Denver.
skywalker33

Post#9 » by skywalker33 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:33 pm

TunaFish wrote:I know that Jokic has arrived (great interview on the internet). Any word on Garry Harris?

Nope, no word on Morris or MPJ either

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:30 pm

Denver Post seems to think the Nuggets have 10 players in Orlando.
Anyone have a list?
skywalker33

Post#11 » by skywalker33 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:07 pm

So far my guess is:
Jokic
Plumlee
Barton
Grant
Murray
Millsap
Dozier
Bol
KBD
Vonlah
Not sure about Cook, if he'll even join ?

Harris and Craig are anticipated on their way to Orlando leaving MPJ and Morris not joining yet

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:24 pm

skywalker33 wrote:So far my guess is:
Jokic
Plumlee
Barton
Grant
Murra
Millsapy
Dozier
Bol
KBD
Vonlah
Not sure about Cook, if he'll even join ?

Harris and Craig are anticipated on their way to Orlando leaving MPJ and Morris not joining yet

Pretty sure Cook tweeted there were 8-10 Nuggets there.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:10 am

There's no major reason for the Nuggets to work hard to win their 8 games. They will probably face LA or LA in the 2nd round. There's no homecourt advantage. Hopefully Malone uses these 8 games to get his players ready and see what some of his bench players can do. I'm thinking about Porter especially and maybe Bates-Diop or Bol --- players that might be contributors next year.

What surprises me is that some of the players that didn't get much playing time aren't even in Orlando. You would think this would be a good opportunity for them to show what they can do.

Bol seems to be taking advantage of his opportunity. We'll see if Malone actually gives him some PT. He should, IMO. It's a good chance to see what he can do in the NBA.

Is Porter going to show up? Is he going to prove he belongs? It seemed like he was ready, from what I last heard, but ...

What about Bates-Diop? I had hopes he and Porter would be our SFs next year with Craig as a wing-stopper and Barton as a 6th man. But where's Bates-Diop?
TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#14 » by TunaFish » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:24 am

NuggetsWY wrote:There's no major reason for the Nuggets to work hard to win their 8 games. They will probably face LA or LA in the 2nd round. There's no homecourt advantage. Hopefully Malone uses these 8 games to get his players ready and see what some of his bench players can do. I'm thinking about Porter especially and maybe Bates-Diop or Bol --- players that might be contributors next year.

What surprises me is that some of the players that didn't get much playing time aren't even in Orlando. You would think this would be a good opportunity for them to show what they can do.

Bol seems to be taking advantage of his opportunity. We'll see if Malone actually gives him some PT. He should, IMO. It's a good chance to see what he can do in the NBA.

Is Porter going to show up? Is he going to prove he belongs? It seemed like he was ready, from what I last heard, but ...

What about Bates-Diop? I had hopes he and Porter would be our SFs next year with Craig as a wing-stopper and Barton as a 6th man. But where's Bates-Diop?

The word I heard is that players who test positive for covid have to have a negative test before they can come to Orlando. The players don't have to tell you that they tested positive but the fact that they are late suggests that they did.
Canned in Denver.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:41 am

TunaFish wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:There's no major reason for the Nuggets to work hard to win their 8 games. They will probably face LA or LA in the 2nd round. There's no homecourt advantage. Hopefully Malone uses these 8 games to get his players ready and see what some of his bench players can do. I'm thinking about Porter especially and maybe Bates-Diop or Bol --- players that might be contributors next year.

The word I heard is that players who test positive for covid have to have a negative test before they can come to Orlando. The players don't have to tell you that they tested positive but the fact that they are late suggests that they did.

Maybe for a couple of players - okay. But 7+ players? I don't buy it. Then again, Wyoming doesn't have a very high rate of infection, so what do I know?
TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#16 » by TunaFish » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:01 am

NuggetsWY wrote:
TunaFish wrote:

Maybe for a couple of players - okay. But 7+ players? I don't buy it. Then again, Wyoming doesn't have a very high rate of infection, so what do I know?

Maybe it was a big birthday party. IDK. It only takes one.
Canned in Denver.
skywalker33

Post#17 » by skywalker33 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:36 am

TunaFish wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
TunaFish wrote:The word I heard is that players who test positive for covid have to have a negative test before they can come to Orlando. The players don't have to tell you that they tested positive but the fact that they are late suggests that they did.

They were down in TX practicing and there seems to be a HUGE pandemic in TX alone !!

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:43 am

skywalker33 wrote:
TunaFish wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:Maybe for a couple of players - okay. But 7+ players? I don't buy it. Then again, Wyoming doesn't have a very high rate of infection, so what do I know?

They were down in TX practicing and there seems to be a HUGE pandemic in TX alone !!

Well, practicing in Texas ought to be a good warm-up for Florida - which has its own HUGE pandemic. :dontknow:
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:57 am

Official Roster for Nuggets in the Bubble and as I understand it, there will be no other players allowed

Nikola Jokic - Mason Plumlee - Noah Vonleh
Paul Millsap - Jerami Grant - Bol Bol - Vlatko Cancar - Tyler Cook
Will Barton - Michael Porter Jr. - Torrey Craig - Keita Bates-Diop
Gary Harris = Troy Daniels
Jamal Murray - Monte Morris - PJ Dozier

No surprise there - it simply everyone that was on the team at the time of the stoppage
TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#20 » by TunaFish » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:47 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:Official Roster for Nuggets in the Bubble and as I understand it, there will be no other players allowed

Nikola Jokic - Mason Plumlee - Noah Vonleh
Paul Millsap - Jerami Grant - Bol Bol - Vlatko Cancar - Tyler Cook
Will Barton - Michael Porter Jr. - Torrey Craig - Keita Bates-Diop
Gary Harris = Troy Daniels
Jamal Murray - Monte Morris - PJ Dozier

No surprise there - it simply everyone that was on the team at the time of the stoppage

That's about right. Bol is there because they were allowed to expand the roster. We are still waiting on MPJ to arrive but he is on the roster.
Canned in Denver.

Return to Denver Nuggets