Anyway the NBA goes back to 'Home Whites' and 'Road Color' uniforms?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,614

Re: Anyway the NBA goes back to 'Home Whites' and 'Road Color' uniforms? 

Post#61 » by prophet_of_rage » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:30 pm

Fresh_Prince12 wrote:
chuck_wagon44 wrote:
megalison wrote:Not sure about other markets, but in Toronto the 'coloured' jerseys sell way better than the 'white' ones. I'm just basing this off of anecdotal observations. So in that case, I think it makes sense for the team to wear what the fans will likely be wearing in the stands.

Realistically, teams should be able to wear whichever jersey they'd like, as long as it contrasts with the other team's.

The games I go to in Toronto, I see mostly the Purple striped retroes with the Dinosaurs worn mostly in the stands.

Fans generally speaking, will wear home uniforms but sadly, they're not worn much in today's NBA. It gets a little too much color contrasting.

For example, if 2 teams are wearing 2 different tones of red...or 2 different tones of Blue..it just makes for a bad viewing experience.

Has that happen? I don’t remember seeing two jerseys being the same’ish color on the same court unless it was 2k
I remember a horrible looking red vs orange game once.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#62 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:02 pm

chuck_wagon44 wrote:not trying to sound arrogant but...

if it doesn't bother you, you're not a true nba fan.

because a true nba fan can immediately notice an issue when the home team is wearing a crazy road alternate while the visiting team is wearing their home colors.

it looks off

just look at the classic bulls games with Jordan and Pippen, they always wore white at home, red/black on the road. it was timeless. enough said.

if you go against that, you're basically either a new nba fan or some casual fan who doesn't notice the intricacies within the game.

Lol. A true NBA fan only cares about the quality of the game being played on the court, not the color of the uniforms.

Tell me - does the color of one's jersey affect a player's game?
chuck_wagon44
Senior
And1: 617

Post#63 » by chuck_wagon44 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:24 pm

No it doesn't of course but it does change the viewing experience heavily.

The red vs red game I was referring to was when the Jazz were wearing that ugly maroon colorsheme versus the Raptors wearing their usual road red.

What I'm trying to simply say is that for us fans that have been watching since the 90s, there is a huge dropoff in not only play but also these ugly uniforms/court schemes. The road/home uniforms situation is a microcosm of that so if that is fixed, maybe it makes it better because at least it'll look more tradionalistic.

But I agree with the person who said that in 50 years, noone will care because they'll be accustomed to watching games like this. That's fine and fair but for fans who've been watching it for past 20 years up to this point, it bothers us. That is all.
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,243

Post#64 » by Clyde Frazier » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:30 pm

The problem is a lack of consistency. If they insist on home teams wearing colored jerseys, have the away team always wear white. Much easier to process for a neutral viewer.
docholliday99
Sixth Man
And1: 891

Post#65 » by docholliday99 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:37 pm

Clyde Frazier wrote:The problem is a lack of consistency. If they insist on home teams wearing colored jerseys, have the away team always wear white. Much easier to process for a neutral viewer.

Who's they? Teams and the league have no say with the which jersey's are worn for each game - it's all up to Nike.

If fans have an issue, they'll have to take it up with Nike :)
chuck_wagon44
Senior

Post#66 » by chuck_wagon44 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:26 am

docholliday99 wrote:
Clyde Frazier wrote:The problem is a lack of consistency. If they insist on home teams wearing colored jerseys, have the away team always wear white. Much easier to process for a neutral viewer.

Who's they? Teams and the league have no say with the which jersey's are worn for each game - it's all up to Nike.

If fans have an issue, they'll have to take it up with Nike :)

Then its a bigger problem because it's Adam Silver's fault. Why did he give Nike so much control?

David Stern would never give an outfitter company this much control. Its absurd
chuck_wagon44
Senior

Post#67 » by chuck_wagon44 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:28 am

On another note, can someone explain why both Markelle Fultz and Quin Cook are wearing Red and Orange shoes respectively? Makes absolutely no sense. Just so unprofessional looking. Its pathetic.

Hotdog_Paradise
Ballboy
And1: 83

Post#68 » by Hotdog_Paradise » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:39 am

chuck_wagon44 wrote:On another note, can someone explain why both Markelle Fultz and Quin Cook are wearing Red and Orange shoes respectively? Makes absolutely no sense. Just so unprofessional looking. Its pathetic.

Right? Maybe it’s just me but if I were playing I’d want my sneakers to match my jersey. It looks cheap and unprofessional to just have random colored sneakers on.
jdj8806
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#69 » by jdj8806 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:57 am

ITT old white guys complain about the colors of shoes and jerseys :rofl2:

And you saying they look "unprofessional" is smug as hell and low key racist.
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#70 » by DavidDunn21 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:33 am

Any time a uniform thread comes up I'll go ahead and put up this little video I made discussing uniform branding, color theory, and why change for the sake of change is really overrated.
(For the record I wish they'd go back to home whites and road color myself)

mithrandir17
Veteran
And1: 1,608

Post#71 » by mithrandir17 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:47 am

Put yourself in the shoes of a season ticket holder and you are going to all of the 41 home games a year. You are seeing the same white uniform over and over again. You will only get to see other uniforms if your team has an alternate uniform which is light-colored. 40% of the league revenue if coming from the fans that come to the arena. So, I think this change is for them.
chuck_wagon44
Senior

Post#72 » by chuck_wagon44 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 6:09 pm

Red Vs Navy blue.

Yeah that looks really great on TV...who comes up with this combination? It's so bad to watch on TV.
TheBomb81
Pro Prospect
And1: 64

Post#73 » by TheBomb81 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 12:39 am

I agree. I prefer the home teams wearing white and the road teams wearing colored road uniforms. Now they are wearing colored uniforms at home and road teams wearing white like its the NFL. It is ridiculous.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,614

Post#74 » by prophet_of_rage » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:03 am

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
chuck_wagon44 wrote:not trying to sound arrogant but...

if it doesn't bother you, you're not a true nba fan.

because a true nba fan can immediately notice an issue when the home team is wearing a crazy road alternate while the visiting team is wearing their home colors.

it looks off

just look at the classic bulls games with Jordan and Pippen, they always wore white at home, red/black on the road. it was timeless. enough said.

if you go against that, you're basically either a new nba fan or some casual fan who doesn't notice the intricacies within the game.

Lol. A true NBA fan only cares about the quality of the game being played on the court, not the color of the uniforms.

Tell me - does the color of one's jersey affect a player's game?
The Knicks never won in their orange uniforms and voted to mothball them so yes.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk

Return to The General Board