ImageImageImage

Underwhelming Former Sixers

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,723

Re: Underwhelming Former Sixers 

Post#41 » by 76thBearCub » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:59 am

Going back to Webber, being young and naive, I thought we had pulled off a major coup. I remember him hitting a few elbow jumpers and thinking we would be contenders with this new superstar in town. Looking back, with what we sent out (especially looking at contracts like somebody already pointed out), it should have been clear as day the Kings knew he was all kinds of washed up.
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant

Post#42 » by 76thBearCub » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:41 am

eagereyez wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:Depending on how he would have be able to adjust his game to the pieces on the team, Iverson on this current team would make us the favorite to win it all, imo.

Replacing Shake Milton with a former MVP would make the Sixers a title favorite? That is the coldest of takes, unless you mean Iverson as he is today.

What about splitting the difference and say Lou Williams? He has never played such a role in a meaningful role, would be quite interesting.
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant

Post#43 » by 76thBearCub » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:11 am

Hmm. Only counts if its a meaningful role in a meaningful role I guess.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,838

Post#44 » by Negrodamus » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:08 am

eagereyez wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:Depending on how he would have be able to adjust his game to the pieces on the team, Iverson on this current team would make us the favorite to win it all, imo.

Replacing Shake Milton with a former MVP would make the Sixers a title favorite? That is the coldest of takes, unless you mean Iverson as he is today.

I'm more pointing out that an undersized scoring guard, a position usually impossible to make fit in a traditional starting lineup, would work well on this team. Back then, we couldn't get a good fit around Iverson; now we have a team constructed to optimize his position.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#45 » by Sixerscan » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:35 am

Negrodamus wrote:
eagereyez wrote:

I'm more pointing out that an undersized scoring guard, a position usually impossible to make fit in a traditional starting lineup, would work well on this team. Back then, we couldn't get a good fit around Iverson; now we have a team constructed to optimize his position.

I would also just generally really like to see what Iverson would have become coming up now. Probably doesn't get moved off the ball, might have more efficient tendencies and not play 43 MPG.

Also who knows maybe he would get more than 2 hours of sleep a night.
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,495

Post#46 » by elchengue20 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:39 pm

He would have been more efficient playing today, like most players. Less long 2s trying to be like Mike and more 3s. More space to atack the rim also. And of course he would be playing on ball most of the time, runing a lot of PnR. He would be a smaller and faster James Harden (also with the partying and little to no sleeping included lol).
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant

Post#47 » by 76thBearCub » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:20 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
Also who knows maybe he would get more than 2 hours of sleep a night.

Lol, doubt it. Maybe if he could have the wisdom of a 40 year old man in his 20 year old body.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers