Washington
Milwaukee
Boston (ESPN)
Sacramento
LA Clippers (NBA TV)
Orlando
Portland

Read on Twitter

well, let's see what happens. It's going to be a long few weeks between now and July 31st

https://stats.nba.com/schedule/

:lol: @ the Pelicans and Lakers playing in the first two opening games. They try to act like they didn't expand the pool to 20 teams to get Zion in.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Re: Nets Orlando ‘Bubble’ Schedule Released 

Post#3 » by MGrand15 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:49 pm

Probably the easiest schedule we could ask for. Playing Orlando twice let's us somewhat control our own destiny for the 7th seed. No idea how this is gonna play out though. Guys might be rusty and turn this into complete randomness.
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,466

Post#4 » by Stone » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:26 am

Weren’t we originally playing the Clippers twice?
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#5 » by Keith Van Horn » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:45 pm

happy to see basketball is back!

Haven't posted here in some time, hope to rejoin you guys for when the games begin. When the season was postponed and this virus really took over our lives, I kinda lost interest in posting here. Work demands (teaching HS remotely) also really made any extra free time hard to come across.

I also hate to say this but last season was such a fun ride through the second half and into the playoffs. I was ecstatic with the KD and Irving signing, but all this negative media attention has definitely taken a wear too... and for the record, I think most of it is completely unwarranted. And then the Kenny Atkinson firing took a lot of joy out of me.

I just want to see some pure Nets basketball with these guys who are suiting up grind it out. I'm trying to block the uncertainty of the future out for the focus on balling out in Orlando.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#6 » by ecuhus1981 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:55 pm

I feel you, KVH. This has been a weird season to "root for", we've really just been hanging onto a rollercoaster while fisting down quaaludes.

No KD, no KI, and no real aspirations beyond just making the postseason. With the 7th seed, we could at least give Boston or Toronto a tough out. If we drop to 8, it's an automatic and embarrassing flame out against the Bucks. I can't see any playoff game of the current Nets versus Milwaukee ending with less than a 30-point deficit.

Honestly, if we don't beat Orlando twice, and Washington gets hot enough to trigger the play-in scenario, I would rather fall out of the playoffs and keep our 1st-round pick.

ALL THAT SAID, I am very grateful to see live NBA basketball again in the near future. I hope they all stay safe.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#7 » by Prokorov » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:41 pm

MGrand15 wrote:Probably the easiest schedule we could ask for. Playing Orlando twice let's us somewhat control our own destiny for the 7th seed. No idea how this is gonna play out though. Guys might be rusty and turn this into complete randomness.

i think it prefer the 8th seed.... I want to make a statement vs the bucks and give them a handful and set the tone for next year when KD is back.

I dont think there will be a playin in the east. I cant see the wizards going 5-3 and thats pretty much what it would take to erase the 2 game lead we have on them to get within the 4 games required to force a play in. and even then we would need to go 3-5 or worse they likely need to go 6-2.
Stone
Assistant Coach

Post#8 » by Stone » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:53 pm

Yes will be broadcasting three Nets scrimmages.

Michael Grady will also be hosting a restart special.

https://www.nba.com/nets/news/feature/2020/07/17/brooklyn-nets-restart-special-tips-off-return-of-yes-network-coverage
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,829

Post#9 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:08 pm

Stone wrote:Yes will be broadcasting three Nets scrimmages.

Michael Grady will also be hosting a restart special.

https://www.nba.com/nets/news/feature/2020/07/17/brooklyn-nets-restart-special-tips-off-return-of-yes-network-coverage

oh thank god

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#10 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:57 am

PREDICTIONS!

1) we lose to Orlando twice, but our bubble record will be 4-4. - We'll of course lose to MIL and LAC, but somehow we dig deep and steal a W against BOS on short rest. POR will be tough, but I'm *guessing* that they are already a lock for the play-in game, and opt to rest rotation players.

2) Caris uses this platform to buy his ticket out of Brooklyn. - The things we'll ask of him in Orlando (30% usage 1st-option ) are totally different than the things he would need to do in order to thrive next to Kyrie & Kevin (low-usage 3&D). In this way, the whole deal is kind of a fait accompli booby trap for him. The better he does for us now, the more he confirms his obsolescence for 20-21. TBH, I think he's ready for a bigger role than he'd take here, and hes' never really loved the kind of dirty work that complementing 2 superstars would require of him. So, he'll give us 27/7/7 on horrendous efficiency, and we'll thank him for his services.

3) Jarrett stakes his claim as an elite center. - Obvs without DJ or Nic nipping at his heels, Allen's PT will be through the roof. That alone will increase production to roughly his per-36 #'s. After working out in NY constantly and ruminating over his lost starting gig, I think he'll finally be ready to get mean. The system and roster will also more closely align with his skill set. If he flashes a jumper and some playmaking? Marks will need to tell K&K that their 3rd banana has to go.

4) TLC and Chiozza are the only role-players that make it onto next year's playoff roster. - This offseason will be an overhaul for the roster. Some faces we see now will be gone before the start of next season, to make room for an higher caliber of ring-chasing benchwarmers. Others will be TDL dumps or late-season waives. This year had 46 players, and next year won't be far behind.

5) Toronto sweeps us. - we manage to retain the 7th seed, but it doesn't prolong our season. The Raptors are just a different class of team than us in our present state, with a hunger to defend their title. They could literally roll out their 3rd unit for long stretches; their system is just so ingrained, their players so disciplined, that they could still give us fits. We may take solace in avoiding 50-point drubbings at the hands of Milwaukee, but losing by 20 each night won't feel much better.

THOUGHTS?
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,829

Post#11 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:23 am

I agree, I think that Chiozza and TLC make next season's roster, they will be cheap signings for depth.

Stone
Assistant Coach

Post#12 » by Stone » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:57 pm

I'm going to say... We go 4-4 also

Magic- Loss
Wizards- Win
Bucks- Loss
Celtics- Loss
Kings- Win
Clippers- Loss
Magic- Win
Trail Blazers- Win

I have a feeling Caris is going to get off to another slow start.
Joe is going to going to benefit from the new players, I believe he will do better in this stretch than first part of the season
Big J will continue to improve and will be our most valuable player for the remainder of the season.

Donta Hall is in a tie with Rodi and Big J for the player I am rooting the most for. I have a feeling he is going to get decent minutes and
provide some excitement and highlight moments.
Rodi...If he has regained his killer instinct, he will make a huge impact.

T. Johnson, J Crawford, C Chiozza.....May the best man win....( Go Cheese!!)
G. Temple....we are going to need his leadership on the floor and in the locker room.
TLC...Hope he picks up where he left. We are going to need his 3 point threat.

Musa....Has a golden opportunity to turn things around.
Lance Thomas...Not sure
J. Anderson...If Rodi does not play well, we may see a lot of Anderson.
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#13 » by Claud » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:56 pm

Even if we go 0-8 we still probably end up getting that 8th seed.

A lot of new faces and they are expected to contribute for us to win... tough.

I hope our young players like Rodi, Musa, Fro, etc use this opportunity to elevate their games.

Return to Brooklyn Nets