Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,780

Re: NBA - The Re-Open: - Connaughton has Covid-19, pg. 94 

Post#1921 » by RiotPunch » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:32 pm

M-C-G wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:I want no part of Miami.

Yup, I've got no interest in facing them. I'd rather face any other team in the East over them, including Philly and Boston and Toronto.

My biggest concern with Miami is playing them on the road and our guys being at the titty bar until 5 a.m. Inside the bubble, I'm not as concerned.

Miami has a star closer in Jimmy, lots of bodies in Bam/Iggy/Crowder/Hill to throw at Giannis, shot-makers that can catch fire in Dragic/Robinson/Herro and a top tier coach on Spo. Yeah, I'd prefer not to face that squad.

Boston has its fool's gold star in Tatum, a still seemingly gimpy Kemba, and no one that can really slow down Giannis. They are well-coached though and no doubt would be a tough out.

Toronto has Siakam/OG/Ibaka to throw at Giannis, but they scare me far less without a closer like Kawhi. I like the potential revenge factor for us.

Philly is dangerous, but mostly just a chemistry dumpster fire with inadequate spacing and closing ability.

MIA, BOS, TOR, PHI is probably the order I would rank the teams I'd rather not **** around with.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,433

Post#1922 » by blazza18 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:40 pm

Zach Lowe remains the best. Watch his face anytime Perkins or Sedano make a stupid claim over Lebron winning MVP.

Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
BigO
Veteran
And1: 2,940

Re: NBA - The Re-Open: - Bled positive, asymptomatic 

Post#1923 » by BigO » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:45 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:So much angst over "transparency". Who cares? Whoever is good to go next week will suit up and GO BUCKS GO.

Yeah, who needs transparency at at time like this? All we need to see are balls going through baskets! Go Bucks!

What info gets out to me or anyone in the public is irrelevant. The team and league have the data. Is your personal life or basketball life changed because you didn't know Pat had it until today? I hope not.

I think this is wrong. It's clear to me that the Bucks handled this issue in a dishonest way. They clearly didn't let people see almost half their team that are down there in order to make it difficult to figure out who was left behind. They consciously only showed photos or let interviews happen with limited number players- you never saw or heard from Ersan, DJ, Korver, Mason or Hill until Bledsoe was outed. Then all of a sudden the rest of the guys are ok to speak to. That is dishonest.

But more importantly, they treat Covid as if it is VD. There is no shame in getting it. They obviously can't come out and state who has it, but don't play games with your fan base. And local reporters are understandably too scared to say this for fear of being cut out.

It's petty.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,780

Post#1924 » by RiotPunch » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:47 pm

Perk is insufferable, JFC. I need to go read a book.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,748

Post#1925 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:51 pm

With MD on this. None of this matters right now. If they don't want to disclose who was kept back and who went down, that's their business and the fans don't have a right to that information. If Bledsoe isn't ready to go when the games count, then it's an issue.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#1926 » by Badgerlander » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:05 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,748

Post#1927 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:18 am

Read on Twitter

Lazy ****.
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,479

Post#1928 » by old skool » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:50 am

I think the NBA and the players association had to reach an agreement on all aspects of the coronavirus testing and quarantine protocols. Not identifying infected individuals is almost certainly something that the NBA agreed to.

Beyond the restraints of collectively bargained stipulations, NBA teams are fanatical about trying to keep their players happy. If the players prefer that infected individuals remain anonymous, it only makes sense that the league would try to help with that.

Furthermore, the involvement with gambling certainly plays a role. The NBA should want to avoid having the burden of tracking and announcing every issue that could impact betting. Combine the players not available due to the pandemic with those who will or might sit out for load management reasons, and the NBA could find themselves in an information morass as betting on NBA games becomes more widespread. They have little incentive to voluntarily create an obligation for broader tracking and reporting.

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,621

Post#1929 » by StickeeFingaz » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:59 am

Yea, Khris does look leaner and tone. Can't wait until Thursday, I'm so excited for NBA basketball.
#FreeChuckDiesel
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,702

Post#1930 » by CharityStripe34 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:01 am

blazza18 wrote:Zach Lowe remains the best. Watch his face anytime Perkins or Sedano make a stupid claim over Lebron winning MVP.

The Sports Media Industrial Complex (ESPN, FOX) is desperately trying to set the stage for a Lakers coronation.

I'd love to see what Milwaukee could do if Gianni was paired with another Top 5-6 player in the league. Hell imagine a healthy Klay Thompson on this team, someone who's an elite shooter and super defender, who's about a Top 15 player. Most of LeBron's case centers around storyline stuff like "Giannis is young, let's award LeBron one last time!"
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,357

Post#1931 » by M-C-G » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:01 am

RiotPunch wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
Yup, I've got no interest in facing them. I'd rather face any other team in the East over them, including Philly and Boston and Toronto.

My biggest concern with Miami is playing them on the road and our guys being at the titty bar until 5 a.m. Inside the bubble, I'm not as concerned.

Miami has a star closer in Jimmy, lots of bodies in Bam/Iggy/Crowder/Hill to throw at Giannis, shot-makers that can catch fire in Dragic/Robinson/Herro and a top tier coach on Spo. Yeah, I'd prefer not to face that squad.

Boston has its fool's gold star in Tatum, a still seemingly gimpy Kemba, and no one that can really slow down Giannis. They are well-coached though and no doubt would be a tough out.

Toronto has Siakam/OG/Ibaka to throw at Giannis, but they scare me far less without a closer like Kawhi. I like the potential revenge factor for us.

Philly is dangerous, but mostly just a chemistry dumpster fire with inadequate spacing and closing ability.

MIA, BOS, TOR, PHI is probably the order I would rank the teams I'd rather not **** around with.

Yeah, let me try this another way, if our guys are ready and we get fair officiating, and don’t have a universal collapse like last year, no team really worries me in the east.

That’s not saying I think we are a lock to take the east, I just think if we do our thing, we really shouldn’t be beaten. I took Kawhi to go full on En Fuego mode while our entire team went ice cold from everything to lose last year. I think we are even better this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,729

Post#1932 » by DanoMac » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:03 am

There aren't enough Vince McMahon GIFs to show how excited those Middleton tweets make me
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,490

Post#1933 » by JayMKE » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:22 am

Lockdown no clubbing Khris will be a basketball god
FREE GIANNIS
StickeeFingaz
RealGM

Post#1934 » by StickeeFingaz » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:51 am

Read on Twitter
#FreeChuckDiesel
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 10,832

Post#1935 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:59 am

CharityStripe34 wrote:
blazza18 wrote:Zach Lowe remains the best. Watch his face anytime Perkins or Sedano make a stupid claim over Lebron winning MVP.

The Sports Media Industrial Complex (ESPN, FOX) is desperately trying to set the stage for a Lakers coronation.

I'd love to see what Milwaukee could do if Gianni was paired with another Top 5-6 player in the league. Hell imagine a healthy Klay Thompson on this team, someone who's an elite shooter and super defender, who's about a Top 15 player. Most of LeBron's case centers around storyline stuff like "Giannis is young, let's award LeBron one last time!"

My god. Do these people think this is a different Brook Lopez than the Brook Lopez who player for the Lakers in 2017-18 when he was 29 compared to hitting his 30s today? It unbelievable that Perk with a straight face can say "Well the Lakers without Lebron dont make the playoffs, but the Bucks without Giannis still make the playoffs. They have Brook Lopez" The funny thing is the Lakers without AD dont make the playoffs (refer to last season)
SkilesTheLimit
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#1936 » by SkilesTheLimit » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:03 am

BucksFanSD wrote:
DanoMac wrote:
Read on Twitter

7.1% of NBA players testing positive at their homes.

0% of NBA players testing positive in the Orlando bubble.

So great for the fans and the players. Win-win. Can't wait for NBA basketball in 10 days. Start it up.

I’m old enough to remember all the woke people on this board clamoring for a shut down of the season (and everything else) because it’s not safe.

***Crickets now***
We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
- Jason Kidd
StickeeFingaz
RealGM

Post#1937 » by StickeeFingaz » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:21 am

Careful on the victory lap, boys. Good start and have to keep it up but this virus can swing things in a hurry.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#1938 » by Chuck Diesel » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:24 am

JayMKE wrote:Lockdown no clubbing Khris will be a basketball god

Oh, you pretty familiar with the social habits of Khris Middleton? He’s got a baby daughter at home and he’s been phenomenal all season. That strip club video featuring Midds, Miles Plumlee and OJ Mayo was five years ago.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,562

Post#1939 » by chonestown » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:26 am

SkilesTheLimit wrote:So great for the fans and the players. Win-win. Can't wait for NBA basketball in 10 days. Start it up.

I’m old enough to remember all the woke people on this board clamoring for a shut down of the season (and everything else) because it’s not safe.

***Crickets now***[/quote]

Ah yes, the mission accomplished route. This tends to end well.

No cases is great, but it is merely one snapshot taken at one moment. Hope it stays that way.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#1940 » by Bucksfan28 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:26 am

Bucks vs Lakers with fans wouldve been so much fun.

Also sucks how bad Florida is. In a more isolated area, maybe they couldve let guys choose to stay and root for their conference or something.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks