RealGM
And1: 19,674

Re: NBA - The Re-Open: - Connaughton has Covid-19, pg. 94 

Post#1941 » by AussieBuck » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:31 am

SkilesTheLimit wrote:
BucksFanSD wrote:
DanoMac wrote:
Read on Twitter

7.1% of NBA players testing positive at their homes.

0% of NBA players testing positive in the Orlando bubble.

So great for the fans and the players. Win-win. Can't wait for NBA basketball in 10 days. Start it up.

I’m old enough to remember all the woke people on this board clamoring for a shut down of the season (and everything else) because it’s not safe.

***Crickets now***

You're doing a victory lap now while the US is still leading the world in Covid-stupidity? What the hell does a pandemic have to do with "woke" anyway?
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#1942 » by Bucksfan28 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:33 am

Im old enough to remember all the woke people on this board clamoring for the Bucks not to pay Khris Middleton

***Kha$h stock at an all-time high now***
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
SkilesTheLimit
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#1943 » by SkilesTheLimit » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:39 am

AussieBuck wrote:
SkilesTheLimit wrote:
BucksFanSD wrote:

So great for the fans and the players. Win-win. Can't wait for NBA basketball in 10 days. Start it up.

I’m old enough to remember all the woke people on this board clamoring for a shut down of the season (and everything else) because it’s not safe.

***Crickets now***

You're doing a victory lap now while the US is still leading the world in Covid-stupidity? What the hell does a pandemic have to do with "woke" anyway?

Too many amateur epidemiologists on this board thinking the answer to everything is hiding in your basement. Sick and tired of hearing that BS. Let’s play some ball.
We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
- Jason Kidd
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,750

Post#1944 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:45 am

SkilesTheLimit wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:
SkilesTheLimit wrote:

***Crickets now***

Too many amateur epidemiologists on this board thinking the answer to everything is hiding in your basement. Sick and tired of hearing that BS. Let’s play some ball.

It's a lot better than going out in public.
MissKhriddleton
Analyst
And1: 2,980

Post#1945 » by MissKhriddleton » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:50 am

Bucksfan28 wrote:Im old enough to remember all the woke people on this board clamoring for the Bucks not to pay Khris Middleton

I'm gonna need to shake the rust off before I get back to hating on the $40 million dollar man.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#1946 » by AussieBuck » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:13 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
SkilesTheLimit wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:You're doing a victory lap now while the US is still leading the world in Covid-stupidity? What the hell does a pandemic have to do with "woke" anyway?

Yeah professional epidemiologists say lockdown with test and trace which is what the NBA and nations that are recovering are going for, then you have the awesome success that is Florida.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,684

Post#1947 » by Pachinko_ » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:17 am

If Khris is in good form that's huge.
Patty and Bled getting covid right now is a problem but plenty of time to get well, it's only really the play offs we care about at this point. As long as they feel well enough to exercise and stay in shape, which it sounds they are.

Giannis looks like he had another one of those summers that he added something.

I can't wait :)

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk
SkilesTheLimit
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#1948 » by SkilesTheLimit » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:28 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
SkilesTheLimit wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:You're doing a victory lap now while the US is still leading the world in Covid-stupidity? What the hell does a pandemic have to do with "woke" anyway?

A life lived in fear is not one worth living. Leaving your home and being safe aren’t mutually exclusive.
We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
- Jason Kidd
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,315

Post#1949 » by trwi7 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:32 am

SkilesTheLimit wrote:
BucksFanSD wrote:
DanoMac wrote:
Read on Twitter

***Crickets now***

You sure got us.

stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Erifee
Senior
And1: 305

Post#1950 » by Erifee » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:53 am

SkilesTheLimit wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
SkilesTheLimit wrote:

A life lived in fear is not one worth living. Leaving your home and being safe aren’t mutually exclusive.

MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:His Suns about 5 or 6 years ago came close to getting to the Finals who got ripped off in that one playoff series when he was thrown across a table by Robert Horry who you might also consider an excellent core piece.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,684

Post#1951 » by Pachinko_ » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:06 am

Here in VIC Australia we did the shut down thing and we managed to have a long stretch with practically zero new cases. Then as soon as we relaxed a little it completely got away from us and now we have more daily new cases then ever. So we shut down even harder to the point where masks are mandatory even in offices and in some cases they locked people inside in their apartments in big buildings where there was an outbreak. And yet it's still climbing.

There's absolutely no **** around with this thing.
Diggr14
Analyst
And1: 1,148

Post#1952 » by Diggr14 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:06 am

trwi7 wrote:
SkilesTheLimit wrote:
BucksFanSD wrote:

***Crickets now***

You sure got us.

Tremendous amounts of crap left out here. Testing is widely available now and people are going now to see if they had covid earlier this year (which antibody tests count as positives too). Death rates are cratered in comparison to april when they were only testing people that came into the ER basically. This graph is literal toilet paper.

Play ball.
Khris Middleton - Beating up on Trash Can Teams since 1943. Invisible Man status otherwise.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1953 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:20 am

ETA: Whatever, I just don't care.
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,251

Post#1954 » by FlagsFlyForever » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:30 am

I don't know why anybody needs to go the "told you so" route regardless of what happens. Two weeks without any positive tests is a great start but the season is going to last three months. It might finish and it might not. The NBA's plan is a solid plan created by experts and approved by Dr. Fauci. The people inside the campus are undeniably safer than those outside it. On the other hand, we have Dwight Howard out there saying masks and social distancing aren't necessary on the campus because it's so safe. That's exactly the attitude that will lead to bringing the virus into the campus. All it will take to ruin this season is four or five Lakers players testing positive during the playoffs.
Read on Twitter
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1955 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:32 am

ElPeregrino wrote:I don't know why anybody needs to go the "told you so" route regardless of what happens. Two weeks without any positive tests is a great start but the season is going to last three months. It might finish and it might not. The NBA's plan is a solid plan created by experts and approved by Dr. Fauci. The people inside the campus are undeniably safer than those outside it. On the other hand, we have Dwight Howard out there saying masks and social distancing aren't necessary on the campus because it's so safe. That's exactly the attitude that will lead to bringing the virus into the campus. All it will take to ruin this season is four or five Lakers players testing positive during the playoffs.

That's simply not the case. You even contradicted yourself in the next sentence. If I work from home, I'm not going to get the virus.
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,251

Post#1956 » by FlagsFlyForever » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:44 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
ElPeregrino wrote:I don't know why anybody needs to go the "told you so" route regardless of what happens. Two weeks without any positive tests is a great start but the season is going to last three months. It might finish and it might not. The NBA's plan is a solid plan created by experts and approved by Dr. Fauci. The people inside the campus are undeniably safer than those outside it. On the other hand, we have Dwight Howard out there saying masks and social distancing aren't necessary on the campus because it's so safe. That's exactly the attitude that will lead to bringing the virus into the campus. All it will take to ruin this season is four or five Lakers players testing positive during the playoffs.

That's simply not the case. You even contradicted yourself in the sentence. If I work from home, I'm not going to get the virus.

I meant as a whole they are safer, not safer than every single person outside the campus. In your scenario, assuming you don't live with other people who could infect you, you're right. But that lifestyle constitutes a minority of people. If not for the campus, most NBA players would not be staying inside their homes and avoiding contact with others.

Let me put it another way. The NBA players inside the Disney campus are safer right now than the players on the eight teams that were not invited.

Read on Twitter
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,357

Post#1957 » by M-C-G » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:04 am

trwi7 wrote:
SkilesTheLimit wrote:
BucksFanSD wrote:

***Crickets now***

You sure got us.

So what is the denominator on this? How many positives for how many tests, the most basic question even Jason Kidd would ask analytically

And we know the US has far exceeded any country in testing, which any of us stat nerds would expect higher positives.

The article I posted about the false positives in Florida once you remove front he pile it puts the positive rate around 7-8% as I recall which is in line with national average.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
M-C-G
RealGM

NBA - The Re-Open: - Connaughton has Covid-19, pg. 94 

Post#1958 » by M-C-G » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:07 am

Oh and I’ll add the reason I care is because my dad is insanely high risk and lives in Florida and we have discussed this very topic.

Dude has been a smoking for like 50 years and probably has like 10% lung capacity. So
We looked into what was going on, not just word of mouth stuff.

He gets it and he likely dies. So I don’t take this lightly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,441

Post#1959 » by blazza18 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:12 am

Bucksfan28 wrote:Im old enough to remember all the woke people on this board clamoring for the Bucks not to pay Khris Middleton

I hope this energy never goes away.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#1960 » by M-C-G » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:21 am

blazza18 wrote:

I hope this energy never goes away.

I absolutely wanted Brogdon over Midds but let’s be real, did anybody actually expect Middleton to get better? Deep down you all know you didn’t. But he did and I am happy to be wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return to Milwaukee Bucks