Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

BballIntellect
Junior
And1: 151

Re: Your Top 5 2020 Warriors Draft Picks 

Post#101 » by BballIntellect » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:13 pm

The Maestro wrote:
BballIntellect wrote:
The Maestro wrote:Haliburton is basically just a better shooting Lonzo Ball.

If he ends up being what you claim he is, that's great value. Especially out of the Top 5.

I doubt they trade down so if they take him it will be in the top 5

I personally wouldn't touch Haliburton with a Top 5 pick but he could go as high as 4. There really is a consensus Big 3 with Lamelo, Edwards and Wiseman (in whatever order.) Then after the Top 3, things are all over the board. You can go with Vassell, Okoro, Avdija, Haliburton, Okongwu etc...
The Maestro
Sixth Man
And1: 52

Post#102 » by The Maestro » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:15 pm

BballIntellect wrote:
The Maestro wrote:
BballIntellect wrote:
If he ends up being what you claim he is, that's great value. Especially out of the Top 5.

I personally wouldn't touch Haliburton with a Top 5 pick but he could go as high as 4. There really is a consensus Big 3 with Lamelo, Edwards and Wiseman (in whatever order.) Then after the Top 3, things are all over the board. You can go with Vassell, Okoro etc...

If Wiseman is gone, I’d go for a huge reach and take Patrick Williams. F*ck it.
BballIntellect
Junior
And1: 151

Post#103 » by BballIntellect » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:19 pm

The Maestro wrote:
BballIntellect wrote:
The Maestro wrote:

I personally wouldn't touch Haliburton with a Top 5 pick but he could go as high as 4. There really is a consensus Big 3 with Lamelo, Edwards and Wiseman (in whatever order.) Then after the Top 3, things are all over the board. You can go with Vassell, Okoro etc...

I mean, why not ? And if you fall in love with a certain prospect, you can even trade down. Patrick Williams could still easily be available past 10.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Post#104 » by EvanZ » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:19 pm

The Maestro wrote:
BballIntellect wrote:
The Maestro wrote:

That's not a reach. This is a reach. /Pokusevski :lol:
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#105 » by HiRez » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:21 pm

I don’t want LaMelo, but LaMelo and Trae Young on the Hawks could be a pretty interesting backcourt (at least on the offensive end).
The Maestro
Sixth Man

Post#106 » by The Maestro » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:11 am

EvanZ wrote:
The Maestro wrote:
BballIntellect wrote:

Williams anywhere in the top 5 would be considered a big reach but yeah Pokusevki would be even bigger.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#107 » by GQ Hot Dog » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:27 am

The Maestro wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
The Maestro wrote:

Williams anywhere in the top 5 would be considered a big reach but yeah Pokusevki would be even bigger.

Williams has been steadily climbing up draft boards. This sums up my thoughts on him pretty closely:

"The other big mover is Patrick Williams, who moved up to no.8 in the mock and no.4 on the big board. The more I watch of Williams the more I see his star upside. He’ll likely start out his career as a role player, bringing versatile defense, underrated court vision and scoring and lots of hustle to whichever franchise drafts him. But I think his trajectory will continue upward and he’ll develop into a really good NBA player, maybe even a perennial All Star player."

https://nbadraftroom.com/2020-nba-mock-draft-update/
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#108 » by EvanZ » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:50 am

My Warriors top 5 is:

LaMelo
Ant
Poku
Deni
Williams

Don't really care about the next 5 but it would probably be:

Vassell
Okongwu
Wiseman
Hayes
Kira
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
The Maestro
Sixth Man

Post#109 » by The Maestro » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:02 am

Top 5 now
1 Wiseman
2 Williams
3 Edwards
4 Vassell
5 Nesmith
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#110 » by ChuckDurn » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:17 am

This’ll change again for me again between now and the draft, though I think it’s been fairly consistent the last month or so.

1. Wiseman (to keep)
2. Ball (to trade)
3. Edwards (to keep)
4. Avdija (to keep)
5. Vassell (to keep)

Below that, I’ve got Okoro, Williams, Okongwu, Haliburton, and Hayes in roughly that order.

I love the tape I’ve seen of Pokusevski..... if we were to trade down to somewhere around number 10, I’d be tempted to pull that trigger. He’s a major upside, but high-risk guy......
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#111 » by EvanZ » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:36 am

ChuckDurn wrote:
I love the tape I’ve seen of Pokusevski..... if we were to trade down to somewhere around number 10, I’d be tempted to pull that trigger. He’s a major upside, but high-risk guy......

Yeah I really hope we can trade down if it's not the top 2-3 picks.
B-King
Rookie
And1: 206

Post#112 » by B-King » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:00 am

ChuckDurn wrote:I love the tape I’ve seen of Pokusevski..... if we were to trade down to somewhere around number 10, I’d be tempted to pull that trigger. He’s a major upside, but high-risk guy......

The kid doesn't weigh more than a bag of rice. He is outside the lottery at best and more likely a late 1st round early or 2nd round pick.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#113 » by EvanZ » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:05 pm

B-King wrote:
ChuckDurn wrote:I love the tape I’ve seen of Pokusevski..... if we were to trade down to somewhere around number 10, I’d be tempted to pull that trigger. He’s a major upside, but high-risk guy......

The kid doesn't weigh more than a bag of rice. He is outside the lottery at best and more likely a late 1st round early or 2nd round pick.

How much did Giannis weigh?
B-King
Rookie

Post#114 » by B-King » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:54 pm

EvanZ wrote:
B-King wrote:

And Giannis was picked outside the lottery.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#115 » by EvanZ » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:20 pm

B-King wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
B-King wrote:

Pick 15 :lol:

Nice logic
B-King
Rookie

Post#116 » by B-King » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:26 am

EvanZ wrote:
B-King wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

Pick 15 :lol:

Nice logic

As far as young Euro players go, do you really like this kid that much more than Alen Smailagic? Smailagic is only a year older and played against a much higher level of competition in the G League. I am not saying Pokusevski is a bust, but it will be 2 to 3 years before we have an idea on where he will be as a player.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#117 » by EvanZ » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:40 pm

B-King wrote:
As far as young Euro players go, do you really like this kid that much more than Alen Smailagic? Smailagic is only a year older and played against a much higher level of competition in the G League. I am not saying Pokusevski is a bust, but it will be 2 to 3 years before we have an idea on where he will be as a player.

Yeah, different tier. I liked Smailagic as a prospect but had him as a second round pick. He doesn't have the length or skill set of Poku. Both very young though. I still hold out some hope for Smiley as a prospect given how young he is.

Poku's age should not be underestimated. He literally was like 6 days away from being ineligible for this Draft (similar to Kira Lewis who actually was ineligible his Freshman year and had to come back). Kira is younger than many of the top Freshman prospects.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,144

Post#118 » by TB » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:41 pm

changes constantly.... currently:

1) Wiseman
2) Pokusveski
3) Okongwu
4) Okoro
5) Deni or Haliburton... can't decide

I'll definitely miss on one or more of Edwards/Ball/Toppin/etc. For me, I just don't want to build around their style even if they end up "better" than my top 5. I don't hate Edwards/Toppin though if I was drafting for a team with zero talent right now.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#119 » by Mylie10 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:49 pm

Pokusevski 40% fg roughly and 32% from 3.

He’s a long ways away from being a long ways away
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#120 » by Mylie10 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:02 pm

Isaac Okoro vs Anthony Edwards

Both about 6'5" 225. Edwards was a volume shooter making only 40% of his shots. Okoro shot the ball way less, but at 51%. Both of them were abysmal from 3 under 30%.

Edwards rebounded slightly better, but I could attribute that to their team makeup. Georgia was total crap this year and Auburn was one of the best teams in the country.

I watched Edwards coast through much of the season, so his motor is highly questionable. Okoro is a beast who really looks for the defensive challenge.

Is it hype? Or is their something I'm missing? Why is Edwards rated so much higher by most draft experts?
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...

Return to Golden State Warriors