ImageImage

NBA - The Re-Open: - Connaughton has Covid-19, pg. 94

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,588

Re: NBA - The Re-Open: - Connaughton has Covid-19, pg. 94 

Post#1961 » by blazza18 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:30 am

M-C-G wrote:I absolutely wanted Brogdon over Midds but let’s be real, did anybody actually expect Middleton to get better? Deep down you all know you didn’t. But he did and I am happy to be wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's a credit to Middleton for returning the way he did and getting better. Still has a lot more to prove though and we're only in year one of five.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Post#1962 » by DutchManDanFan » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:54 am

trwi7 wrote:Image

This really looks terrible. But are these graphs also avaibale per state with explanation of rules and behaviour per state?
The numbers suggest there must still be many big spreading events. Are people still going to church in large groups? Are they working close to each other? If you stay home as much as possible (not total lockdown) keep enough distance and avoid big crowds (certainly inside), you should be safe certainly with a mask. What is happening over there? We only see the numbers but don’t hear the stories.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#1963 » by DrWood » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:01 am

SkilesTheLimit wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
SkilesTheLimit wrote:
Too many amateur epidemiologists on this board thinking the answer to everything is hiding in your basement. Sick and tired of hearing that BS. Let’s play some ball.

It's a lot better than going out in public.

A life lived in fear ignorance is not one worth living. Limiting the times you Leaveing your home and is a critical part of being safearen’t mutually exclusive.

There. Fixed that for you. You're welcome.
BucksFanSD
Veteran
And1: 1,363

Post#1964 » by BucksFanSD » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:06 am

DutchManDanFan wrote:We only see the numbers but don’t hear the stories.

A lot of it (not all) is the young generation, their social lives, and lack of what you mentioned above. This country as a whole just doesn't take it as seriously as others.
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant

Post#1965 » by DutchManDanFan » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:06 am

ElPeregrino wrote:I don't know why anybody needs to go the "told you so" route regardless of what happens. Two weeks without any positive tests is a great start but the season is going to last three months. It might finish and it might not. The NBA's plan is a solid plan created by experts and approved by Dr. Fauci. The people inside the campus are undeniably safer than those outside it. On the other hand, we have Dwight Howard out there saying masks and social distancing aren't necessary on the campus because it's so safe. That's exactly the attitude that will lead to bringing the virus into the campus. All it will take to ruin this season is four or five Lakers players testing positive during the playoffs.

This attitude won’t bring the virus into the campus, but it’s a disaster when the virus gets in. So far so good.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#1966 » by DrWood » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:07 am

DutchManDanFan wrote:

This really looks terrible. But are these graphs also avaibale per state with explanation of rules and behaviour per state?
The numbers suggest there must still be many big spreading events. Are people still going to church in large groups? Are they working close to each other? If you stay home as much as possible (not total lockdown) keep enough distance and avoid big crowds (certainly inside), you should be safe certainly with a mask. What is happening over there? We only see the numbers but don’t hear the stories.

You can scroll down here and see a graph: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/florida/
there are some indications it might be near or just past the peak, but #'s fluctuate enough from day to day that we have to see. And even if they're past the peak, it might stay near there for some time.
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant

Post#1967 » by DutchManDanFan » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:09 am

BucksFanSD wrote:
DutchManDanFan wrote:We only see the numbers but don’t hear the stories.

A lot of it (not all) is the young generation, their social lives, and lack of what you mentioned above.

So the Interesting part is how many youngsters become real sick and need hospitalisation? Are the numbers available per age groups?
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant

Post#1968 » by DutchManDanFan » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:22 am

M-C-G wrote:
trwi7 wrote:
SkilesTheLimit wrote:
I’m old enough to remember all the woke people on this board clamoring for a shut down of the season (and everything else) because it’s not safe.

***Crickets now***

You sure got us.

So what is the denominator on this? How many positives for how many tests, the most basic question even Jason Kidd would ask analytically

And we know the US has far exceeded any country in testing, which any of us stat nerds would expect higher positives.

The article I posted about the false positives in Florida once you remove front he pile it puts the positive rate around 7-8% as I recall which is in line with national average.

In the region I live the percentage positive tests of total tests last week was 1% with one big outbreak from a bar on a saturday night (23 cases now). In the city 10 minutes from where I live: 700 tests, 0 positive last week (yesterday 1 positive). We only must wear masks in public transportation. Most important I think is: if you have a slight feever and/or are coughing: stay home.
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,260

Post#1969 » by FlagsFlyForever » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:32 am

DutchManDanFan wrote:
ElPeregrino wrote:I don't know why anybody needs to go the "told you so" route regardless of what happens. Two weeks without any positive tests is a great start but the season is going to last three months. It might finish and it might not. The NBA's plan is a solid plan created by experts and approved by Dr. Fauci. The people inside the campus are undeniably safer than those outside it. On the other hand, we have Dwight Howard out there saying masks and social distancing aren't necessary on the campus because it's so safe. That's exactly the attitude that will lead to bringing the virus into the campus. All it will take to ruin this season is four or five Lakers players testing positive during the playoffs.

This attitude won’t bring the virus into the campus, but it’s a disaster when the virus gets in. So far so good.

So you don't think anybody in the campus is going to test positive over the remainder of the season? I hope you're right.
Read on Twitter
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,721

Post#1970 » by emunney » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:45 am

ElPeregrino wrote:
DutchManDanFan wrote:

So you don't think anybody in the campus is going to test positive over the remainder of the season? I hope you're right.

Think he's just saying that players avoiding precautions inside the campus is not the thing that's going to bring the virus in, but it's the thing that's going to allow the virus to spread. I'd say it's *a* thing that could help the virus to spread, but as a cause is at best a distance second to playing basketball games.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,666

Post#1971 » by chonestown » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:14 pm

I'm old enough to remember when woke people thought a dame shouldn't go gallivanting around in slacks.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,746

Post#1972 » by Licensed to Il » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:39 pm

chonestown wrote:I'm old enough to remember when woke people thought a dame shouldn't go gallivanting around in slacks.

Im glad we finally live in a time when no one cares what Damian Lillard wears to the arena.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,022

Post#1973 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:46 pm

Anyways.... is the gamescrimmage on Thursday broadcasted?
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,721

Post#1974 » by emunney » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:54 pm

I don't want to get off on a rant here, but this Covid thing makes Clytemnestra's axe look like the Punky Brewster Halloween episode, babe.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,337

Post#1975 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:57 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Anyways.... is the gamescrimmage on Thursday broadcasted?

Doesn't look like its on FSN, maybe on their website. FSN announced their broadcast schedule yesterday and it was just the 8 play in games. FSN is broadcasting the Brewwers exhibition game Wed night though.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
nyrfan28
Sophomore
And1: 115

Post#1976 » by nyrfan28 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:07 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Anyways.... is the gamescrimmage on Thursday broadcasted?

Doesn't look like its on FSN, maybe on their website. FSN announced their broadcast schedule yesterday and it was just the 8 play in games. FSN is broadcasting the Brewwers exhibition game Wed night though.

I've Chromecasted pretty much all the Brewers scrimmages to my TV and that's worked out great even though they weren't aired on FSN. Having the TV/Radio guys call the games and having a player or two per game mic'ed up has been really fun.

I hope the Bucks can figure out how to do the same with the scrimmages.
SkilesTheLimit
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#1977 » by SkilesTheLimit » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:13 pm

trwi7 wrote:
SkilesTheLimit wrote:
BucksFanSD wrote:
7.1% of NBA players testing positive at their homes.

0% of NBA players testing positive in the Orlando bubble.

So great for the fans and the players. Win-win. Can't wait for NBA basketball in 10 days. Start it up.

I’m old enough to remember all the woke people on this board clamoring for a shut down of the season (and everything else) because it’s not safe.

***Crickets now***

You sure got us.

It’s funny how you show this graph but not the one showing Covid-19 deaths. More testing = more positives (but are they really “sick” or are they asymptomatic?)

Now show me China’s chart. Oh yeah, that’s right, they hide their data or don’t test altogether. Such BS.
We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
- Jason Kidd
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,325

Post#1978 » by jute2003 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:25 pm

DutchManDanFan wrote:

Much of the country does not take the virus seriously at all. Rural areas seem to be operating as if its a normal year. I cant say that I blame them. Rural areas havent been hit anywhere near as hard as urban areas. Some urban areas seem set in destroying themselves. Poor leadership has definitely been exposed.

It seems like every source for data and numbers has a slant one way or the other. News media can be unreliable because they care about viewership and ratings only. Government sites can be unreliable because well...I'll leave that one alone. People in general are unreliable because cognitive dissonance and confirmation bias are a hell of a drug.

Around Madison where I live, the local municipalities have recently put in place more strict guidelines including required mask wearing. I don't understand why so many refuse to wear them. People are whiny babies and the don't tread on me bull is maddening. There are very few who legitimately can't because of a medical issue.

The driver of our spikes has largely been college aged kids going to bars and crowded house parties. Bars around Madison have been all but shut down now. Indoor dining at restaurants has also been limited to very small numbers.

Minorities seem to be hit much harder. There are some socioeconomic drivers and some cultural drivers with that that I don't feel informed on enough to really try to explain.

Thankfully, with the average age of infected being younger and hospitals getting better at treating....the fatality rate hasn't spiked up as quickly as the case counts yet. Hopefully, it stays that way.
only a fan, only an opinion
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,139

Post#1979 » by DingleJerry » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:31 pm

Keep in mind this person has been on the 'this is all bs' side the entire time. They will never admit they've been wrong from the beginning, grasp at anything to still claim 'told ya so'.

For the death post here. That's what ya'll said 3 weeks ago when the cases starting going up. The people who believe in math, science and data said yea hopefully deaths don't go up because it's milder cases and other reasons that are clearly helping now, but in theory they should go up a few weeks later. Aaaaand, they have been. But you know, just keep digging the heels in.

Roughly a month ago when our cases were starting to go up we were testing per capita the same as EU and getting about 8x the cases. Literally every talking point you get fed is complete bs. Now, I would assume we are testing much more than EU though simply because its blown up here and they have it under control. I mean, if more people have it they're going to go get themselves tested. But anyone to claim the last month is a good thing is just completely off.

Here is another contradiction combining these two. First you say we only have more cases because we're testing more than europe. Then also say look at the deaths here haven't gone crazy high here (which they likely won't for many reasons). Did you ever think to look at the deaths in EU and how few it is? You're literally proving yourself wrong with your own argument.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,497

Post#1980 » by RogerMurdock » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:35 pm

SkilesTheLimit wrote:It’s funny how you show this graph but not the one showing Covid-19 deaths. More testing = more positives (but are they really “sick” or are they asymptomatic?)

Now show me China’s chart. Oh yeah, that’s right, they hide their data or don’t test altogether. Such BS.

a) So you're saying that the percentage of tests coming back positive has not gone up?

b) Why do you think there is more testing? Are testers going door-to-door asking people if they'd like a test? (Hint: there's a reason why the number of tests has increased)

c) Is it "such BS" that hospitals are being overrun in some parts of the country? Is that just because of an increase in testing and people who are asymptomatic? Did a hospital in NE Georgia build a COVID unit out of shipping containers just because testing has increased?

d) Do people die immediately after being infected with COVID-19, or do deaths lag behind positive case numbers by several weeks?

e) What does China's data have to do with the United States?

(also, the country appears to be hitting its testing limit, so we might get to a point soon where new case numbers level off a bit simply because of lack of testing capacity)

Return to Milwaukee Bucks