OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,884

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#921 » by humanrefutation » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:44 pm

I'm still pretty much playing about 90 minutes of ACNH every day. Enough time to find all the fossils, hit the rocks, collect the shells, fish the entire island once though, and catch all the bugs I can find in that span. Maybe mix it in with some shopping and some home remodeling.

I'm trying to pay off my final home loan, though I wish I could update to add another couple rooms to the spot. Even with the basement and top floor, it feels cramped.

Also, the way I placed all the homes/buildings on my island has made paving it really annoying. I wish it didn't cost so many bells to move things around. They should have given me a freebie to redo the whole island once KK showed up.

Lastly, **** scorpions. Devilish little sh**heads. Creepy and quick as all hell, and if you're not playing close attention, you can be taken out by one out of nowhere.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,741

Post#922 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:38 am

Ghost is fun. Reminds me of Good Far Cry. The combat doesn't feel as weighty as I'd like, and the traversal isn't up to AC/WB Games levels, but I've enjoyed the small amount of side stuff I've done. It's very easy on the default level so I'll have to bump that up. Game is obviously beautiful and I love the score. Definitely gonna spend a lot of hours with this one.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,587

Post#923 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:06 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Ghost is fun. Reminds me of Good Far Cry. The combat doesn't feel as weighty as I'd like, and the traversal isn't up to AC/WB Games levels, but I've enjoyed the small amount of side stuff I've done. It's very easy on the default level so I'll have to bump that up. Game is obviously beautiful and I love the score. Definitely gonna spend a lot of hours with this one.

Go to hell.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#924 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:17 am

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#925 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:29 am

This place is a OSHA nightmare made me laugh. The whole thing is cool as hell. DQB2 is the game I miss most since my drive died.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#926 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:35 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:This place is a OSHA nightmare made me laugh. The whole thing is cool as hell. DQB2 is the game I miss most since my drive died.

I've been really tempted to re-buy for PC. I'm sure I still will someday when it's on sale, but I tell myself I shouldn't get it because I already have it and should play something new :P
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,319

Post#927 » by crkone » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:02 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Ghost is fun. Reminds me of Good Far Cry. The combat doesn't feel as weighty as I'd like, and the traversal isn't up to AC/WB Games levels, but I've enjoyed the small amount of side stuff I've done. It's very easy on the default level so I'll have to bump that up. Game is obviously beautiful and I love the score. Definitely gonna spend a lot of hours with this one.

Go to hell.

The hard setting is still super easy. You get OP very very fast with some of the skills you get.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#928 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:53 pm

crkone wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

Go to hell.

The hard setting is still super easy. You get OP very very fast with some of the skills you get.

You too.

Not all of us are Dark Souls and Nioh wizards :P I've considered going to easy a couple times. I'm definitely getting better, but still a hard game for me.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,319

Post#929 » by crkone » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:16 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
crkone wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:
Go to hell.

You too.

Not all of us are Dark Souls and Nioh wizards :P I've considered going to easy a couple times. I'm definitely getting better, but still a hard game for me.

Yeah I run Dark Souls randomizer on the regular now. I'm a gaming masochist.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,357

Post#930 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:48 pm

A little late to the party, but playing the newest God of War and my three main takeaways:

1) Might be the most graphically stunning console game I've ever seen.
2) The combat is fluid and aesthetically pleasing, but I really miss the platforming elements of the previous titles, and it just doesn't feel like a GOW game without them.
3) Sorry, but the kid (Atreus) is god damn annoying. Pro tip to Sony: Not every one of your triple-A titles needs some overly sappy father/child dynamic. Joel and Ellie, they are not.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,633

Post#931 » by machu46 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:12 pm

In my efforts to fight off the temptation to buy Tsushima for now, I'm slowly going back to some games that I had set aside awhile back. First on my list is finally playing through Uncharted: Lost Legacy. I think I'm in Chapter 4 or 5 right now, but I just absolutely adore this series. Can't wait to get back upstairs to continue playing through.

Not sure what order I'll go in/if I'll even play through all of them, but the other games on my list right now are:
Red Dead 2 - I think I made it up to the point in the story where you go to the big city before I moved on to other games
Batman: Arkham Knight - I've heard mixed things about this game, but I loved the others in the series
The Last of Us Remastered - I didn't make it far at all in this game. I just don't really dig zombie games and those clickers just pissed me the **** off.
Star Wars: Fallen Jedi Order - Not really sure where I left off in that game, but the combat system kinda pissed me off.
Assassin's Creed: Syndicate - I also have Black Flag, which I played a lot before I ultimately got bored and moved on. Syndicate is still in the wrapper.
The Tomb Raider game that was free on PS+ this past month.

I very well may end up getting Tsushima at some point before finishing all of those games since everyone I know is raving about it and I'm pretty confident I'll like it but we'll see. I think I'll at least finish Red Dead and maybe Arkham Knight. My love for Naughty Dog makes me want to get through LoU but it just didn't grab me at all compared to the Uncharted games. My love for Uncharted also makes me think I'll probably like the Tomb Raider game as well.

I also continue to be obsessed with NBA 2K20 and have gotten back into playing Siege and Overwatch a lot so that's taking up a good portion of my gaming. I'll definitely continue to make time for Uncharted though.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 849

Post#932 » by Sauce Boss » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:46 pm

Currently I’ve just been playing Deep Rock Galactic with one of my buddies and Red Dead Redemption 2 by myself. I haven’t touched Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition in a few weeks, but need to wrap it up. Pre-ordered Horizon Zero Dawn on PC and I’m looking forward to it in a little over two weeks.

Waiting for EA of Baldur’s Gate 3 next month. Not much else? Was cool Nintendo gave an update on Shin Megami Tensei V, but could use some news on new first-party stuff.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#933 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:47 pm

Sauce Boss wrote:Currently I’ve just been playing Deep Rock Galactic with one of my buddies and Red Dead Redemption 2 by myself. I haven’t touched Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition in a few weeks, but need to wrap it up. Pre-ordered Horizon Zero Dawn on PC and I’m looking forward to it in a little over two weeks.

Waiting for EA of Baldur’s Gate 3 next month. Not much else? Was cool Nintendo gave an update on Shin Megami Tensei V, but could use some news on new first-party stuff.

Yeah it was excited to know SMT5 still exists. I haven't played one before, but became immediately interested after falling head-over-heels for P5.

Is BG3 EA confirmed for next month?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#934 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:06 pm

Really can't get over the sound of Ghost. Playing it with a good surround system and it's the best I've played since Inside.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#935 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:57 am

A couple random Ghost thoughts that I don't think we've mentioned yet...

The game saves in like .5 seconds. I always go back in to check and make sure there's a new file because I just can't believe it's that fast.

The game loads not quite as fast, but still damn fast. SP cracked some serious Divinci Code **** in figuring this out and it makes me really excited for the supposed crazy load times on PS5. Because quick loads after death or fast travel feel wonderful.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,222

Post#936 » by UcanUwill » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:43 am

Ron Swanson wrote:A little late to the party, but playing the newest God of War and my three main takeaways:

1) Might be the most graphically stunning console game I've ever seen.
2) The combat is fluid and aesthetically pleasing, but I really miss the platforming elements of the previous titles, and it just doesn't feel like a GOW game without them.
3) Sorry, but the kid (Atreus) is god damn annoying. Pro tip to Sony: Not every one of your triple-A titles needs some overly sappy father/child dynamic. Joel and Ellie, they are not.

I still havent finished God of War, but I think I was very close, I didnt love the game honestly, I think it overstayed its welcome a bit, it has so many false endings, but it just keeps going. For me its a game where I finish it, I never load it again to 100% or something like that. tho beating all the Valkaries is tempting.

Still playing Ghost of Tsushima, and I started to love it, might be my favorite PS4 exclusive from the ones I played so far.

MikeIsGood wrote:A couple random Ghost thoughts that I don't think we've mentioned yet...

The game saves in like .5 seconds. I always go back in to check and make sure there's a new file because I just can't believe it's that fast.

The game loads not quite as fast, but still damn fast. SP cracked some serious Divinci Code **** in figuring this out and it makes me really excited for the supposed crazy load times on PS5. Because quick loads after death or fast travel feel wonderful.

Checkpoint system might be a bit too generous even in this game. I feel every time I die, I just get resorected right back seconds where I was, like come on, punish me for failing somewhat :lol:
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,633

Post#937 » by machu46 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:02 pm

Never played any of the Mafia games but this looks interesting to me.

trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
BMatt07
Starter
And1: 2,138

Post#938 » by BMatt07 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:52 am

Microsoft has their press conference / games showcase tomorrow at 11:00 a.m., looking forward to seeing some of their new reveals.

Have to think Halo Infinite is finally going to be showcased, holding out hope for a Fable trailer, and I'd like to see Obsidian's new RPG.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#939 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:55 am

UcanUwill wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:A couple random Ghost thoughts that I don't think we've mentioned yet...

Checkpoint system might be a bit too generous even in this game. I feel every time I die, I just get resorected right back seconds where I was, like come on, punish me for failing somewhat :lol:

Lol, yeah maybe. Spoilers aside (though I'm still early), I'll say I was in a pretty long fight and I died at one point and got really frustrated thinking I'd screwed up and need to restart completely. Instead, when it reloaded I killed just two archers, and suddenly I was up against the leader.

Not sure if there were multiple save points in that battle or just one. Given the length (maybe 7-10 mins?), I did appreciate it, but yeah it is maybe too generous sometimes, lol.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#940 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:00 pm

Xbox event didn't do much for me - just never been one to care much about the exclusives they have, and not a big change for this gen it seems.

The two exceptions are Forza Horizon - which is on PC and will be re-optimized for the new Xbox X - and maybe Fable. I've never played Fable, but it seems to be in my wheelhouse. It's also on PC, so I'm good.

I briefly thought about Xbox for next gen, because Gamepass really does have a great offering and cool synergy between PC and console, but I quickly got my head on straight and realized PS console and PC gaming is a great mix to hit the exclusives I want.

ETA: Clarification - I missed the trailer for Avowed. I 100% will play that (it, too, is on PC) - new game from Obsidian set in the Pillars universe, but switched to first-person. I hope this doesn't signal they move completely away from CRPGs, but it wouldn't surprise me either.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks