Questions on the structure of high school basketball

J the Drafter
Starter
And1: 298

Questions on the structure of high school basketball 

Post#1 » by J the Drafter » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:04 am

Hi. I’m looking for information on how high school basketball works in the States (from low-level ball to the powerhouse schools that churn out D1 and pro prospects). I would like to know what system, if any, governs how schools are selected to play each other. (I’ve heard that schools play aginat each other based on tiers of ability. Is this true?) I would like to know what tiers, if any, exist in levels of high school-level play. I would also like to know how tournament-level play works, from the lowest level to state-level. I would appreciate any help I get.
Remember when Kobe elbowed Jameer in the chin so hard Jameer was knocked down and sent skidding across the floor?
Pepperidge Farm remembers.*

*Futurama
DrPsyche2
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Questions on the structure of high school basketball 

Post#2 » by DrPsyche2 » Mon Jul 6, 2020 12:21 pm

DUG wrote:
Any books about high school basketball in the USA?

< Auto-generated citation limit > ___________________________________________________________________________theessayservice

Hi there,

Check these books:
The Capital of Basketball: A History of DC Area High School Hoops
The Golden Age of Indiana High School Basketball by Greg L. Guffey
The Miracle of St. Anthony: A Season with Coach Bob Hurley and Basketball's Most Improbable Dynasty by Adrian Wojnarowski

But I would actually start with Inside USA Basketball at Gatorade Sports Science
BullsMen
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#3 » by BullsMen » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:42 am

DrPsyche2 wrote:
DUG wrote:

< Auto-generated citation limit > ___________________________________________________________________________theessayservice

Hi there,

Check these books:
The Miracle of St. Anthony: A Season with Coach Bob Hurley and Basketball's Most Improbable Dynasty by Adrian Wojnarowski

But I would actually start with Inside USA Basketball at Gatorade Sports Science

Thanks for these books, very useful :nod:
My life is basketball
J the Drafter
Starter
And1: 298

Post#4 » by J the Drafter » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:31 am

DrPsyche2 wrote:
DUG wrote:

Hi there,

Check these books:

Thank you. Sorry for the delayed reply. I forgot I made this thread.
Remember when Kobe elbowed Jameer in the chin so hard Jameer was knocked down and sent skidding across the floor?
Pepperidge Farm remembers.*

*Futurama

Return to High School Basketball