Wilt footage

Moderators: penbeast0, trex_8063, PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier

coastalmarker99
Starter
And1: 2,172

Re: Wilt footage 

Post#61 » by coastalmarker99 » Fri Jul 3, 2020 9:17 am

Once again I would like to thank 70's fan for his work in getting this footage I have provided the money for him but he does all the hard yards to get the footage. We are might get a lot of footage of the Celtics from the '60s as the place we got the lakers footage from has a fantastic collection of Celtics games and we can slowly transfer everything from them over to here.

Also on the Wilt front, Wca and 70s fan and I are going to go hard on getting more footage of him from the NBC and Abc archives by the end of this month expect a lot of old NBA footage hitting real gm and other basketball sites like insidehoops.
Reggie Jackson is amazing and a killer in the clutch that's all.
coastalmarker99
Starter

Post#62 » by coastalmarker99 » Fri Jul 3, 2020 9:33 am

It will be interesting seeing Wilt in 1973 I might be able to get the game where he scored 0 points and took 0 shots against the bucks in the last regular-season game. Where after the game to the press, Sharman criticised Wilt for not shooting and being passive on offence against Kareem this is a very confusing game for Wilt was he trying to prove a point to Sharman and to also his teammates and the press.

I have to say in 1973 Wilt took the Bill Russell role way to far and should have been more involved on offence that season he was still a great scorer that could average at least 17 to 19 points a game and get other centres into foul trouble.

I could argue that Wilt being too extreme in this role hurt the Lakers chances of success and I might make a post here arguing that from 1967 to 1973. That if he had kept his scorer's mentality that he might have been more successful as a result.

I think Wilt needed to be more selfish over the last 7 years of his career especially in 1969 and 1970 and 1973. If Wilt keeps his scoring mentality over the last 7 years of his career he likely finishes his career with 5 titles with him winning in 1969 and 1973 and 1970 and also Wilt more then likely would have finished his career with a scoring average of 35 to 37 points a game.
coastalmarker99
Starter

Post#63 » by coastalmarker99 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:11 am

Hey, 70's fan how much does getting all the 1960s Warriors and Sixers Footage - prime Wilt footage from various (12) different games from AP Archive, short clips but with excellent quality and from very rare games. Cost as I want to help you get it very soon also along with Game 3 of 1970 Finals Footage thanks Coastal.
coastalmarker99
Starter

Post#64 » by coastalmarker99 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:16 am

Also, my thoughts on the lakers vs Celtics game from 1973 is that Wilt was a monster outlet passer starting the breaks and also a very great defender. And he worked hard on the offensive glass as well but his fadeaway looked awful it seemed as if he had no lift on it compared to his prime it's no wonder why he stopped using as much after his knee injury and only just focused on drunks and layups.

But still, he could have averaged 18 to 20 points a game that season if he had wanted to also Wilt made some great passes from the post and he still had a high vertical jump even after the knee injury and despite the fact that he was 36 years old.
70sFan
RealGM
And1: 23,472

Post#65 » by 70sFan » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:02 am

coastalmarker99 wrote:Hey, 70's fan how much does getting all the 1960s Warriors and Sixers Footage - prime Wilt footage from various (12) different games from AP Archive, short clips but with excellent quality and from very rare games. Cost as I want to help you get it very soon also along with Game 3 of 1970 Finals Footage thanks Coastal.

Each clip cost 140 Euros, which means that all clips with additional taxes would cost 2000 Euros

For game 3 of 1970 finals, we'd have to pay around 260 euros.
coastalmarker99
Starter

Post#66 » by coastalmarker99 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:17 am

70sFan wrote:
coastalmarker99 wrote:Hey, 70's fan how much does getting all the 1960s Warriors and Sixers Footage - prime Wilt footage from various (12) different games from AP Archive, short clips but with excellent quality and from very rare games. Cost as I want to help you get it very soon also along with Game 3 of 1970 Finals Footage thanks Coastal.

Each clip cost 140 Euros, which means that all clips with additional taxes would cost 2000 Euros

Thanks for telling me that :D
70sFan
RealGM

Post#67 » by 70sFan » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:36 pm

coastalmarker99 wrote:
70sFan wrote:

Thanks for telling me that :D

No problem, it's a lot of money. We can make smaller orders ;)
70sFan
RealGM

Post#68 » by 70sFan » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:12 pm

Hello all of you!

We are getting very close of transferring new Wilt games - game 2 of the 1964 finals and 1964 regular season game against the Lakers. We need a lot of money for that and we almost collected enough, but there is still around $120 left. If anyone is willing to help us financially, it would be highly appreciated.

Even very small donations are very important! Thanks in advance! :)
ZeppelinPage
Head Coach
And1: 3,326

Post#69 » by ZeppelinPage » Sat Aug 1, 2020 8:08 am

70sFan wrote:Hello all of you!

We are getting very close of transferring new Wilt games - game 2 of the 1964 finals and 1964 regular season game against the Lakers. We need a lot of money for that and we almost collected enough, but there is still around $120 left. If anyone is willing to help us financially, it would be highly appreciated.

Are these by any chance full games? Or even significant footage of the games? Would love to see a lot of younger Wilt.
70sFan
RealGM

Post#70 » by 70sFan » Sat Aug 1, 2020 11:03 am

ZeppelinPage wrote:
70sFan wrote:Hello all of you!

Are these by any chance full games? Or even significant footage of the games? Would love to see a lot of younger Wilt.

They are not full games but they are film tapes similar to this one:
coastalmarker99
Starter

Post#71 » by coastalmarker99 » Mon Aug 3, 2020 11:18 am

Hey, 70's fan I have a question for you once we get that footage you just ordered. Is there still more Warriors footage of Wilt still left we can get or do me, and you move on then to 76er's footage of Wilt or maybe more Laker footage.

Also, that reminds me how are you going on getting those early 70's laker teams footage. If you need help getting that just ask me and I will be glad to help you out in whatever way I can.

Also, I might convince the Wilt chamberlain Archive to start a Patreon as you did as with the three of us working together and by pooling our money together, we can get more Wilt footage in no time
70sFan
RealGM

Post#72 » by 70sFan » Mon Aug 3, 2020 11:31 am

coastalmarker99 wrote:Hey, 70's fan I have a question for you once we get that footage you just ordered. Is there still more Warriors footage of Wilt still left we can get or do me, and you move on then to 76er's footage of Wilt or maybe more Laker footage.

There are still 3 Warriors games left that have to be checked. All of them are from 1964/65 season:
https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/196411080SFW.html
https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/196411250BOS.html
https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/196412150NYK.html

There is also the short clip against the Sixers from 1963/64 season which I hope to get along with these games in next request. It all depends on how much they will cost.

Also, that reminds me how are you going on getting those early 70's laker teams footage. If you need help getting that just ask me and I will be glad to help you out in whatever way I can.
[/quote]
Other than the Celtics game I recently got, I can't get anything. Everything else require the permission from the NBA which I couldn't get unfortunately.
coastalmarker99
Starter

Post#73 » by coastalmarker99 » Mon Aug 3, 2020 11:41 am

70sFan wrote:
coastalmarker99 wrote:Hey, 70's fan I have a question for you once we get that footage you just ordered. Is there still more Warriors footage of Wilt still left we can get or do me, and you move on then to 76er's footage of Wilt or maybe more Laker footage.

There are still 3 Warriors games left that have to be checked. All of them are from 1964/65 season:

There is also the short clip against the Sixers from 1963/64 season which I hope to get along with these games in next request. It all depends on how much they will cost.

Other than the Celtics game I recently got, I can't get anything. Everything else requires the permission from the NBA which I couldn't get, unfortunately.

That's ok 70's fan you tried your best and thank you for telling me that I am eager to get those 3 warrior games and then we move onto to 76ers footage of Wilt. And dear god Wilt just crushed New York after he suffered a heart attack that same offseason what a monster we have to get those Knicks games by any means necessary.
70sFan
RealGM

Post#74 » by 70sFan » Mon Aug 3, 2020 12:00 pm

coastalmarker99 wrote:
70sFan wrote:

Other than the Celtics game I recently got, I can't get anything. Everything else requires the permission from the NBA which I couldn't get, unfortunately.

That's ok 70's fan you tried your best and thank you for telling me that I am eager to get those 3 warrior games and then we move onto to 76ers footage of Wilt. And dear god Wilt just crushed New York after he suffered a heart attack that same offseason what a monster we have to get those Knicks games by any means necessary.

Yeah, I can't wait to see Wilt dropping 50 points on rookie Willis Reed! :D
coastalmarker99
Starter

Post#75 » by coastalmarker99 » Tue Aug 4, 2020 8:06 am

70sFan wrote:
coastalmarker99 wrote:
70sFan wrote:Other than the Celtics game I recently got, I can't get anything. Everything else requires the permission from the NBA which I couldn't get, unfortunately.

Yeah, I can't wait to see Wilt dropping 50 points on rookie Willis Reed! :D

Same here as we have rarely seen games of Wilt dropping 50 or 40 points as a scorer and it will be an interesting look on how he played with the Warriors vs the 76ers and Laker versions of him.
coastalmarker99
Starter

Post#76 » by coastalmarker99 » Wed Aug 5, 2020 1:42 am

Good news everybody at Real gm I have just recently heard back from a contact in the Chamberlain family and I will have the chance to email or speak to their family about getting their permission to get Chamberlain's footage from the Nba archives.

This is so exciting for us as basketball fans as I could get from there Reed vs Wilt Russell vs Wilt Kareem Vs Wilt footage along with Prime Wilt footage such as his debut in the Nba against the Knicks and many other games such as regular season and playoffs.

We are getting close Realgm and other basketball communities on the web very close to getting a lot of '60s and 70's footage as long as I seal the deal with Chamberlain's family I can get Russell's games vs Wilt and many other great players from that era also against Wilt such as Baylor West and Oscar.

And if I do seal the deal that wiill ensure that we will get a better or different perspective then we already have of Wilt and so many other players that played in the '60s and '70s.
70sFan
RealGM

Post#77 » by 70sFan » Wed Aug 5, 2020 6:28 am

coastalmarker99 wrote:Good news everybody at Real gm I have just recently heard back from a contact in the Chamberlain family and I will have the chance to email or speak to their family about getting their permission to get Chamberlain's footage from the Nba archives.

This is so exciting for us as basketball fans as I could get from there Reed vs Wilt Russell vs Wilt Kareem Vs Wilt footage along with Prime Wilt footage such as his debut in the Nba against the Knicks and many other games such as regular season and playoffs.

We are getting close Realgm and other basketball communities on the web very close to getting a lot of '60s and 70's footage as long as I seal the deal with Chamberlain's family I can get Russell's games vs Wilt and many other great players from that era also against Wilt such as Baylor West and Oscar.

And if I do seal the deal that wiill ensure that we will get a better or different perspective then we already have of Wilt and so many other players that played in the '60s and '70s.

Sounds exciting, let me know when you'll get any news from Wilt's family.
coastalmarker99
Starter

Post#78 » by coastalmarker99 » Wed Aug 5, 2020 6:56 am

70sFan wrote:
coastalmarker99 wrote:Good news everybody at Real gm I have just recently heard back from a contact in the Chamberlain family and I will have the chance to email or speak to their family about getting their permission to get Chamberlain's footage from the Nba archives.

Sounds exciting, let me know when you'll get any news from Wilt's family.

I will 70's fan I think I might be speaking with one of Wilt's sisters which is exciting.
70sFan
RealGM

Post#79 » by 70sFan » Wed Aug 5, 2020 6:36 pm

I got two new reels with Warriors Wilt, if anybody is interested just contact me in private message ;)
70sFan
RealGM

Post#80 » by 70sFan » Sat Aug 8, 2020 12:50 pm

coastalmarker99 wrote:I will 70's fan I think I might be speaking with one of Wilt's sisters which is exciting.

Do you have any news?

Return to Player Comparisons