Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 259

Re: 2020 Draft Thread 

Post#1621 » by ShayDee » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:39 am

clyde21 wrote:not 2020 related but Bol today

16 points, 10 boards, 6 blocks

how did Myers let this fkn kid slide by him TWICE is beyond me.

I have legitimate fears about this top 5 pick. Either he is going to skip over the pure talent and take role players or he is going to trade it for terrible value
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,258

Post#1622 » by Onus » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:39 am

clyde21 wrote:
TB wrote:

3 times actually. It's really absurd.

Paschall was at least a "win now" guy for a championship level team. Smiley and Poole were projects with lower ceiling than Bol. Why not swing for the fences?

To be fair, I was not advocating him with our first pick (i think you had him high enough to take there), so I would have skipped him for Porter or Paschall in the first round.

But in the 2nd! That was lined up perfect for Paschall and Bol.

SMH.

lol

he was my #2 ranked prospect in the entire class after only Zion, thats how high I was on this kid

Probably because of their promise to smiley ... smh little lacob
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,147

Post#1623 » by TB » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:40 am

clyde21 wrote:
TB wrote:

3 times actually. It's really absurd.

Paschall was at least a "win now" guy for a championship level team. Smiley and Poole were projects with lower ceiling than Bol. Why not swing for the fences?

To be fair, I was not advocating him with our first pick (i think you had him high enough to take there), so I would have skipped him for Porter or Paschall in the first round.

But in the 2nd! That was lined up perfect for Paschall and Bol.

SMH.

lol

he was my #2 ranked prospect in the entire class after only Zion, thats how high I was on this kid

haha didn't realize he was that high.

It's been said before, but it's all down to health. If he's on the court, dudes gonna be more of an impact player than anyone drafted not named Zion or Ja (or in your case just zion lol).
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,195

Post#1624 » by clyde21 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:47 am

yea let's take Poole over this guy good job Bob

Read on Twitter
B-King
Rookie
And1: 208

Post#1625 » by B-King » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:39 am

It was a scrimmage with a brunch of scrubs. Not the end of the world for the Dubs. He does have better overall skills than his dad and I am glad to see the kid in the league.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#1626 » by KevinMcreynolds » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:44 pm

He's an end of the bench novelty scrub at best. I doubt he ever sees a meaningful minute in the NBA.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,233

Post#1627 » by wco81 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:29 pm

He's not going to get a lot of minute unless Jokic is injured or in foul trouble.

Maybe not even then, maybe Plumlee gets the minutes or Nuggets go small.

Now in a year or two, who knows.

Players are going to challenge him but being physical with him, including players who try to finish at the rim by going into his body to negate his length. Can he stand up to the physical play? We will see.
TB
General Manager

Post#1628 » by TB » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:33 pm

Bol is a much better basketball player than Smiley. It's not even close. Literally the only reason to pass on Bol would be if you never think he's going to be healthy. And even then, in the 2nd round when your options are him or Smiley... you roll the dice with Bol.

I do like what the Warriors did with Smiley outside of the fact that Bol ended up slipping and they should have taken him. Smiley is a much more intriguing prospect than what alot of other teams were drafting in the 2nd round.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,828

Post#1629 » by cdubbz » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:47 am

I wanted BolBol in the draft.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#1630 » by Mylie10 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:44 am

It’s so great to be in love....I found him and now I’ve fallen hard.

Abdoulaye N’doye 6’7” French guard. Great shooting numbers, steals the ball, great handles and vision, pinpoint looks, has major calm and swagger. He’s mostly a point guard. But size of a wing.

I love this dude and if he somehow slips to us, damn! Oh and he’s 6’7” Oh and a 7’2” wingspan!!!
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#1631 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:46 pm

Mylie10 wrote:It’s so great to be in love....I found him and now I’ve fallen hard.

Abdoulaye N’doye 6’7” French guard. Great shooting numbers, steals the ball, great handles and vision, pinpoint looks, has major calm and swagger. He’s mostly a point guard. But size of a wing.

I love this dude and if he somehow slips to us, damn! Oh and he’s 6’7” Oh and a 7’2” wingspan!!!

I saw him listed at 6'3". Guess I have to go back and look again.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,219

Post#1632 » by EvanZ » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:08 pm

Mylie10 wrote:It’s so great to be in love....I found him and now I’ve fallen hard.

Length is good, but not really a shooter and he's old.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#1633 » by Mylie10 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:16 pm

Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#1634 » by Mylie10 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:19 pm

EvanZ wrote:

Length is good, but not really a shooter and he's old.

He’s 22, which is fine by me, he’s not old. He’s improved a lot in the last few years. Lots to work with here. His volume was low but so are most Euro players.

He’s very under control and his passing instincts are really good. Floater game, nice shooting percentages, good handle, good lob passer, great length, good in pick and roll, a lot to love imo
Khoee wrote “
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 259

Post#1635 » by ShayDee » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:40 pm

Read on Twitter

I was on the Deni train if Edwards and Wiseman are off the board, still am in the top 5 but I'm starting to get a bit torn about him.
Somethings I noticed during his past games is that he still has confidence/Emotional issues? He is far far better when he is on ball like Lamelo and when plays arent run through him it somehow negatively affects his game

He impacts the game a lot when he has time to dribble and survey the court and make high IQ plays but then he also makes so many mistakes. He is averaging like 4.5 or so turnovers over the past 5 games or so. His dribbling is still very wonky and I can bet he will be called for a lot of illegal stuff in the NBA. Sometimes he gets blown by on defense but I'm not too worried about that.

When he is off ball and doesn't get the opportunity to show anything he just becomes a catch and shoot player an doesn't really do much else? Maybe it's the coaching? I'm not sure. He had very bad games the previous 2, the last game he scored 0 points and went 0/3 from 3. He seems to be having problems with his coach because he doesn't run plays through him and lets the older guys on his team do all the decision making. I think if he tightens his handles and gets more consistent from 3 and FT line he could be an all star.

But the issue here is, if we pick him and not trade him, being a starter for a long time and being mostly on ball, how will he feel coming off the bench and playing mostly offball? Can he impact our team any way? How will his development be affected? I mean most prospects in the top 8 have this issue but Deni seems to be unique in a sense that certain in game circumstances, especially on the warriors might negatively affect his development.

Who knows maybe Kerr would be willing to run plays through him, but I think if he had a problem with DLo doing it then it would be very tough to change the offense for an unproven rookie but I do admit he has a lot of potential mainly because he almost like a 6'9 PG
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#1636 » by Mylie10 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:44 pm

As long as people stop using the Luka comparison then I’m fine listening. But when someone says, “Luka lite” or some other crap, I quickly move on.
Khoee wrote “
TB
General Manager

Post#1637 » by TB » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:49 pm

Has anyone seen Poku in the last few months? No workout posts, no interviews online, nada.

Are the Warriors pulling a Smiley and going out of their way to hide our eventual Dray replacement?
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#1638 » by EvanZ » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:50 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
He’s 22, which is fine by me, he’s not old.

lol that's old man
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#1639 » by EvanZ » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:50 pm

TB wrote:Has anyone seen Poku in the last few months? No workout posts, no interviews online, nada.

Are the Warriors pulling a Smiley and going out of their way to hide our eventual Dray replacement?

I assume his league isn't playing right now.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#1640 » by Mylie10 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:00 pm

EvanZ wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
He’s 22, which is fine by me, he’s not old.

lol that's old man

Lets put some context into. He's spent about 4 years playing for Cholet in the top league in France. So when he was 18/19 his game was very raw. He was on the Senegal national team when he was young as well, showing the raw but good potential. His early game didn't feature much shooting or pg play. Now at this stage he has a very refined game and still improving.

If he were an 18 year old, I wouldn't have thought twice about him, because he would have been just another 6'6" wing. Now he's a 6'7" PG who can guard wings and guards. He can back down and seal young players, and he can switch onto longer guys and guard the perimeter. His handles and vision are very good. Hi shooting has improved into very good numbers, especially from 3. Again though on low volume, which can be somewhat attributed to Euro basketball and how coaches really favor the veterans on teams.

22 is not old when you think about the fact that with his skillset you could plug him in right now off the bench and have another ball handler, defender, and shot maker, who's game is errily similar to both Livingston and Iguodala.

The best part about it, is the fact that he's a second rounder. We're not talking about a guy who will be picked in the first round. And if he is, its because some GM is seeing what I'm seeing. So potentially we could move up slightly to grab this kid and plug him right in.

I'm glad he spent his 18-21 years in the Euro league, because it prepared him for what he is now, and I believe he will only continue to improve.

Paschall is 22, effing old man. I laugh at you guys who put so much weight on being in the early 20's. It makes you short sided and doesn't really add any context to the variance of players around the World.
Khoee wrote “

Return to Golden State Warriors