Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Re: The Washington Redskins Thread 

Post#1561 » by montestewart » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:02 am

Ruzious wrote:
BigA wrote:Making the guy do cartwheels doesn't even get into the top 10 all time "Snyder is an ****" stories. Some of my favorites are the time he made a couple players snap and hold for him while he tried to kick field goals (that mostly bounced along on the ground), the time he tried to make other NFL owners call him "Mr. Snyder" at a social event and the host asked him to leave, and being picked up by a limo to be driven some ridiculously small distance between a helicopter and an entrance to Redskins Park.

The cartwheel thing made me laugh. I mean... every rookie in the NFL goes through some kind of hazing that's at least 10 times worse than that.

Snyder's an AWFUL owner, but the media is taking a lot of cheap shots at him now. Even the Junkies this morning were saying the Commish should basically force him to sell. Do they even have any female employees?

For years, his thin skin and deep pockets have combined to threaten litigation to outlets that print substantiated but unflattering portraits. Rich enough to stifle a free press. This is cheap shot pay back time.

So when does Pine come back and change the name of this thread?
BigA
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#1562 » by BigA » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:07 am

montestewart wrote:For years, his thin skin and deep pockets have combined to threaten litigation to outlets that print substantiated but unflattering portraits. Rich enough to stifle a free press. This is cheap shot pay back time.

Maybe wait until they announce the new name so he only has to do it once?
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1563 » by Ruzious » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:03 pm

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#1564 » by Wizardspride » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:21 pm

BigA wrote:
montestewart wrote:For years, his thin skin and deep pockets have combined to threaten litigation to outlets that print substantiated but unflattering portraits. Rich enough to stifle a free press. This is cheap shot pay back time.

Or we'll just create a new thread.
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1565 » by Ruzious » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:06 pm

montestewart wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
BigA wrote:Making the guy do cartwheels doesn't even get into the top 10 all time "Snyder is an ****" stories. Some of my favorites are the time he made a couple players snap and hold for him while he tried to kick field goals (that mostly bounced along on the ground), the time he tried to make other NFL owners call him "Mr. Snyder" at a social event and the host asked him to leave, and being picked up by a limo to be driven some ridiculously small distance between a helicopter and an entrance to Redskins Park.

The cartwheel thing made me laugh. I mean... every rookie in the NFL goes through some kind of hazing that's at least 10 times worse than that.

Snyder's an AWFUL owner, but the media is taking a lot of cheap shots at him now. Even the Junkies this morning were saying the Commish should basically force him to sell. Do they even have any female employees?

For years, his thin skin and deep pockets have combined to threaten litigation to outlets that print substantiated but unflattering portraits. Rich enough to stifle a free press. This is cheap shot pay back time.

Rumor has it that Pine's first arranging for the LuvABulls to model the new Washington Redhawx jerseys. :nonono:
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1566 » by Wizardspride » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:15 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,626

Post#1567 » by pancakes3 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:14 pm

Ruzious wrote:
montestewart wrote:
Ruzious wrote:The cartwheel thing made me laugh. I mean... every rookie in the NFL goes through some kind of hazing that's at least 10 times worse than that.

Rumor has it that Pine's first arranging for the LuvABulls to model the new Washington Redhawx jerseys. :nonono:

i love that this joke is 20 years old, and i want an OG luvabull from the turn of the century to be the model.
Bullets -> Wizards
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,011

Post#1568 » by Dark Faze » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:22 am

Even if Buck doens't get the job it feels good seeing all the love he's getting.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,464

Post#1569 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:16 pm

I don’t know about Charles Mann. Loved him as a player, but as a commentator he’s a self aggrandizing bore.
In Rizzo we trust
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1570 » by Ruzious » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:16 pm

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:I don’t know about Charles Mann. Loved him as a player, but as a commentator he’s a self aggrandizing bore.

Brian Mitchell sticks out to me as someone who'd be good in the booth. i'm glad it seems they're getting rid of the whole crew - obviously Doc Walker and Cooley had to know the problems with Larry Michael, and Doc was so awful anyway. I'd actually kinda like another voice from the past - Jeff Bostic. He used to do Skins exhibition games on tv, and I though he was really good. Honestly, Buck is the only name that sticks out for play-by-play unless Joe B from the Caps wants it. I know he's done some college football games. Joe B was born to do play-by-play.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1571 » by Wizardspride » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:23 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1572 » by Wizardspride » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:13 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,464

Post#1573 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:20 pm

Washington Football Team.

Aka “WFT”

For the past two decades...

WTF?

So, just switch two letters around for maximum continuity and a celebration of our ‘heritage’ under the regime of the little troll.
In Rizzo we trust
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#1574 » by LyricalRico » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:24 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
BigA wrote:

Or start using the separate board like we're supposed to. :wink:
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man
And1: 594

Post#1575 » by BearlyBallin » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:44 pm

The Washington Football Team is the name for 2020?
WTF... really?

A generic, don’t really give a dang fight song for a what the Hail name...

Hail to the HomeTeam

Hail to the HomeTeam
Hail victory
Team needs a new name
Fools for old D.C.

We don’t have a name
And we don’t know why
Someone’s really dis’in us
With big lies

Cry on cry on
Till something’s done
Sons of Washington’s
FOOT-BALL TEAM

Hail to the HomeTeam
Hail victory
Why not the Red Wolves
Howl in old D.C.

Well at least they hired Julie Donaldson.
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Post#1576 » by montestewart » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:07 pm

LyricalRico wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
BigA wrote:Maybe wait until they announce the new name so he only has to do it once?

Or start using the separate board like we're supposed to. :wink:

With the name change, I might actually stop by now and then.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1577 » by Ruzious » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:17 pm

With legalized gambling, I think the Skins can take bets on the name change - even on when the name change happens. More money. Maybe that's one reason they're not in a hurry to make the change?
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,345

Post#1578 » by doclinkin » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:40 pm

I'm okay with the Washington Team for now.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1579 » by Ruzious » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:10 pm

Good thing we have plenty of time to discuss:

The CapitalOne$
The Artificial Toughs - who wouldn't love that?
Not the Presidents, but the Residents. :nod: :noway:
wermolwermol777
Rookie
And1: 15

Post#1580 » by wermolwermol777 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:18 am

doclinkin wrote:I'm okay with the Washington Team for now.

I am glad we changed the name and I am glad we're not rushing into committing to a new one. I'm very ok with just going by Football Team for a year.

I bought a Washington Redskins McLaurin jersey just last year, I am excited to buy a Washington Football Team Chase Young Jersey and then maybe Washington RedWolves (or something better) Haskins jersey the season after.

I'm sure I'll get used to anything over time, but if we can avoid it I'd rather it not be another "Wizards"

Return to Washington Wizards