ImageImageImageImage

NBA Disney Bubble Restart Scrimmage 1: LA Clippers v. Orlando Magic

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,006

Re: NBA Disney Bubble Restart Scrimmage 1: LA Clippers v. Orlando Magic 

Post#81 » by KillMonger » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:06 pm

SOUL wrote:
zaymon wrote:We have 2 players right now, Vucevic and MCW. Bamba looked overhelmed , he didnt even looked for lobs

they ain't coming :lol:

SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,529

Post#82 » by SOUL » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:17 pm

Statlanta
RealGM
And1: 9,233

Post#83 » by Statlanta » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:22 pm

I like how the Magic get the 3 best teams in the league to restart
East #1 Draft Picks: Fultz, Banchero, Wiggins, Cuninigham
West #1 Draft Picks: Edwards, WIlliamson, Ayton, Towns
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#84 » by MagicFan101 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:10 pm

ChosenSavior wrote:These offensive possessions have been so bad.

I wish they had anticipated such bad play after the long layoff and allowed practice games or scrimmages to warm up ... ya know?
TheGlyde
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 559

Post#85 » by TheGlyde » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:18 pm

ChosenSavior wrote:Just realized T. Ross changed the number back to 31. Looks like my guy wants to get back to consistent Human Torch status...such a team player.

He changed it back from #8 out of respect for Kobe when he passed away.

I didn't see all the game (5am start in Australia :lol: ) and my stream was cutting in and out... but I thought Vuc and MCW looked good for what I saw... Both forced the odd bad shot but to be expected early.

Fournier couldn't hit anything, and he seemed angry/frustrated on his instagram story yesterday... Not sure what's up with him.

Gordon and T-Ross were both solid.

DJ... Pace too slow, nothing new.

Ennis and Clark decent hustle & D, Clark good on the boards, but add nothing to the offence.

Iwundu... Similar... doesn't add much... Decent handles though as our 4th string PG :dontknow:

Birch... Well he can set a screen. Bamba... Always shows flashes... Mate, do whatever you need to do to get in shape to get court time.

Frazier, didn't see anything worth noting... BJ... Man if you are an 11-15th man on the roster, don't ever miss free throws. Law... I guess hes trying to be the next T-ross, never met a shot he didn't like...

I love seeing fans on social saying we suck because we lost when we closed the game with an Iwundu/Law/Johnson/Frazier/Birch lineup.
Orlando Magic Historian

Magic Player History on Instagram

Also on Twitter & Youtube
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,135

Post#86 » by rcklsscognition » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:23 pm

Must be the long absence of NBA but I thought we looked great today!
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,815

Post#87 » by RookieStar » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:52 am

.Soooo.... what are your thoughts on Bamba? Did he really have skinny legs?
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,740

Post#88 » by ChosenSavior » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:17 am

TheGlyde wrote:
ChosenSavior wrote:Just realized T. Ross changed the number back to 31. Looks like my guy wants to get back to consistent Human Torch status...such a team player.

He changed it back from #8 out of respect for Kobe when he passed away.

I didn't see all the game (5am start in Australia :lol: ) and my stream was cutting in and out... but I thought Vuc and MCW looked good for what I saw... Both forced the odd bad shot but to be expected early.

Fournier couldn't hit anything, and he seemed angry/frustrated on his instagram story yesterday... Not sure what's up with him.

Gordon and T-Ross were both solid.

DJ... Pace too slow, nothing new.

Ennis and Clark decent hustle & D, Clark good on the boards, but add nothing to the offence.

Iwundu... Similar... doesn't add much... Decent handles though as our 4th string PG :dontknow:

Birch... Well he can set a screen. Bamba... Always shows flashes... Mate, do whatever you need to do to get in shape to get court time.

Frazier, didn't see anything worth noting... BJ... Man if you are an 11-15th man on the roster, don't ever miss free throws. Law... I guess hes trying to be the next T-ross, never met a shot he didn't like...

I love seeing fans on social saying we suck because we lost when we closed the game with an Iwundu/Law/Johnson/Frazier/Birch lineup.

How embarrassing of me. Didn't even factor Kobe into the equation.

Agree with everything you said regarding the game.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#89 » by ChosenSavior » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:22 am

MagicFan101 wrote:
ChosenSavior wrote:These offensive possessions have been so bad.

I wish they had anticipated such bad play after the long layoff and allowed practice games or scrimmages to warm up ... ya know?

Yeah. Looked like the Clippers anticipated things much better than the Magic despite the exact same circumstances.

In all seriousness though, I do expect the Magic to play with better effort on Friday.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#90 » by ChosenSavior » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:23 am

RookieStar wrote:.Soooo.... what are your thoughts on Bamba? Did he really have skinny legs?

His size definitely was a factor out there. He was not getting pushed around and moving bodies in the paint. Definitely looked like he didn't work on his cardio and endurance though cause he looked really slow getting up and down the court.
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,135

Post#91 » by rcklsscognition » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:32 am

One thing you can see towards the end of Bamba's minutes, I think, he got fouled twice while trying to get defensive rebounds without really moving, the other guys were climbing on him and he was able to hold is balance and position. He looked winded otherwise, but strong.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,006

Post#92 » by KillMonger » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:23 am

RookieStar wrote:.Soooo.... what are your thoughts on Bamba? Did he really have skinny legs?

he without a doubt looks bigger it's obvious.....he was holding position well so in that respect that's a plus.....He was winded though, he has to get into game shape but i thought he could've played more minutes i mean Bol Bol played 32 minutes bamba only 6? his cardio can't be that bad, i refuse to believe it
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,145

Post#93 » by Def Swami » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:33 am

KillMonger wrote:

he without a doubt looks bigger it's obvious.....he was holding position well so in that respect that's a plus.....He was winded though, he has to get into game shape but i thought he could've played more minutes i mean Bol Bol played 32 minutes bamba only 6? his cardio can't be that bad, i refuse to believe it

I feel like the conditioning thing is a crutch the Magic use to avoid saying Bamba isn't good enough to play more minutes. At least, this is my concern.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,815

Post#94 » by RookieStar » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:11 am

rcklsscognition wrote:One thing you can see towards the end of Bamba's minutes, I think, he got fouled twice while trying to get defensive rebounds without really moving, the other guys were climbing on him and he was able to hold is balance and position. He looked winded otherwise, but strong.

True.. but at the same time ... execpt for that dunk of his, I don't think he even jumped or tried to.

LOL i mean i think i prefer the skinny atheltic mobile.bamba over the huge strong but slow and unatheltic looking one.

Then again it is the first *game* and he only.played 6mins, so.who.knows.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,273

Post#95 » by pepe1991 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:22 am

RookieStar wrote:
rcklsscognition wrote:One thing you can see towards the end of Bamba's minutes, I think, he got fouled twice while trying to get defensive rebounds without really moving, the other guys were climbing on him and he was able to hold is balance and position. He looked winded otherwise, but strong.

True.. but at the same time ... execpt for that dunk of his, I don't think he even jumped or tried to.

LOL i mean i think i prefer the skinny atheltic mobile.bamba over the huge strong but slow and unatheltic looking one.

Bamba was never athletic, there is mountain of evidence that proves it. Right before draft the Stepien relised huge article how drafting Bamba is betting on athletic improvment. Article went in great depths with video support explaining how he never had to do anything rather than just use long hands to get what he wants and how things like that, even at college, against talented bigs simply don't work.
He simply always lacked explosion and quickness, and all things he did, at college, were because of 7'9 wingspan and crappy competition ( vast majority of college teams did not have players taller than 6'10 , let alone 7 footers with any talent ).

Now guy added s** loud of weight year after stress fracture, on it's own it's already reason to be worried about. On top of that his conditioning was from day one in NBA -crap. Now, with added mass, with more muscles, his body uses even more oxygen to move, so you have situation where guy after 3 min of basketball is out of breath...

Everything about Bamba, since a day team drafted him to this date is a mess. Hopefully, after this season is over, Magic will actually hire some expert or send him to P3 or some other athletic performance center where people know what they are doing.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,154

Post#96 » by zaymon » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:03 am

pepe1991 wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

Bamba was never athletic, there is mountain of evidence that proves it. Right before draft the Stepien relised huge article how drafting Bamba is betting on athletic improvment. Article went in great depths with video support explaining how he never had to do anything rather than just use long hands to get what he wants and how things like that, even at college, against talented bigs simply don't work.
He simply always lacked explosion and quickness, and all things he did, at college, were because of 7'9 wingspan and crappy competition ( vast majority of college teams did not have players taller than 6'10 , let alone 7 footers with any talent ).

Now guy added s** loud of weight year after stress fracture, on it's own it's already reason to be worried about. On top of that his conditioning was from day one in NBA -crap. Now, with added mass, with more muscles, his body uses even more oxygen to move, so you have situation where guy after 3 min of basketball is out of breath...

Everything about Bamba, since a day team drafted him to this date is a mess. Hopefully, after this season is over, Magic will actually hire some expert or send him to P3 or some other athletic performance center where people know what they are doing.

Actually we have P3s former director of performance in Luke Storey on our staff. Look at Isaac, Vucevic, MCW body transformation, i think we know what we are doing.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,322

Post#97 » by Knightro » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:21 pm

The added weight appeared to be both good and bad for Bamba.

Like a few others pointed out, he appeared to be holding his positions around the basket better than he ever has before.

But he also looked pretty significantly out of shape and not ready for any sort of extended minutes.

This offseason is going to be big for him to figure out how to get in proper conditioning with the added weight. If he can do both successfully, we may really have something here.
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,300

Post#98 » by NotACat » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:03 pm

Knightro wrote:The added weight appeared to be both good and bad for Bamba.

Like a few others pointed out, he appeared to be holding his positions around the basket better than he ever has before.

But he also looked pretty significantly out of shape and not ready for any sort of extended minutes.

This offseason is going to be big for him to figure out how to get in proper conditioning with the added weight. If he can do both successfully, we may really have something here.

His screens were also loads better. I think this is a good size for him. Focus on conditioning from here until the start of next year and hopefully he'll be good to go
Black Lives Matter
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,454

Post#99 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:07 pm

6 minutes guys 6 freakin minutes after a however months hiatus.

Give it time. I liked what I saw with all things considered.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,273

Post#100 » by pepe1991 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:15 pm

zaymon wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

Actually we have P3s former director of performance in Luke Storey on our staff. Look at Isaac, Vucevic, MCW body transformation, i think we know what we are doing.

Well, Bamba spent 2 years with Magic now, still can't play for 6 min straight without looking like he will pass out. So it's probably on him.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon

Return to Orlando Magic