Bol Bol

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,577

Re: Bol Bol 

Post#521 » by MemphisX » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:59 am

A guy plays his first NBA game without a real competent guard on the floor. I thought he looked good. Not sure what the expectations are for a 44th pick. Can't judge him based upon what was supposed to be his draft range. He looks like a steal.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,786

Post#522 » by Jcool0 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:50 pm

Fischella wrote:
Justwar wrote:
clyde21 wrote:yea, let's let a 7-2, 7-7 ws shot-blocking phenom who shoots 50/40/90 and put the ball on the floor go in the 2nd round

lol @ nba GMs...clowns

He didn't act like a pro during his pre draft interviews. He doesn't dribble that well, just no one tried stripping it. Watch how high he dribbles

Still doesn't act like a pro

And flashes aside, he look pretty putrid yesterday, he is always fun that doesn't = good

lol what? Bol had 16 points, 10 rebounds and 5 blocks. That is the definition of good.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#523 » by BlazersBroncos » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:29 pm

He looked really good. A bit out of control at times, and certainly not ready to play in a structured offense, but he held his own against pros and showed alot of what he did in college. He should have been a top-5 guy, even if there were serious attitude and injury concerns, a lotto pick at worse. I look forward to watching him more, he is a joy to watch.

If he shows enough to allow Denver to not resign Mason, it will help their cap situation a ton. He could easily become one of the best deals in the NBA, the Nuggets have him locked up for free basically for 3 years (His QO is like 1.2M) then have his RFA rights. Its gotta be a fun time to be a nuggets fan, they have some HIGHLY entertaining players.

Once the LAL and LAC teams age a bit its going to be so fun to watch DEN and DAL run that conference. Those teams have such unique, fun stars to watch. Doncic and Jokic as the BBall IQ freaks and then guys like Zinger, MPJ and Bol as the athletic freaks. Would love to watch that 7 game series once they start to hit their primes.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,185

Post#524 » by clyde21 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:54 pm

fisch always comes in strong with the comedy
clyde21
RealGM

Post#525 » by clyde21 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:57 pm

still waiting on the list of players that are 7-2 and can pull up from 28 while blocking 6 shots on the other end
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Post#526 » by getrichordie » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:23 pm

I think this is an overreaction on Bol's performance. How many TOs did he have? He dribbled the ball so high that Tacko Fall could have walked underneath the ball. Joking of course, but damn. And what was his FG%? Show me he can be competent in a real NBA game and then we can talk about how he was slept on. Almost every single team passed on him and there's a reason why. Pretending you are smarter than NBA orgs is just simply narcissistic at some point.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 32,436

Post#527 » by G R E Y » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:57 pm

getrichordie wrote:I think this is an overreaction on Bol's performance. How many TOs did he have? He dribbled the ball so high that Tacko Fall could have walked underneath the ball. Joking of course, but damn. And what was his FG%? Show me he can be competent in a real NBA game and then we can talk about how he was slept on. Almost every single team passed on him and there's a reason why. Pretending you are smarter than NBA orgs is just simply narcissistic at some point.

Finally a voice of reason!
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
karkinos
Head Coach
And1: 2,058

Post#528 » by karkinos » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:00 pm

i expected him to be a project so i still like what i've seen so far
i think practicing next to jokic is probably one of the best things for him as far as being in the right org/fit. that's absolutely the guy you want bol bol to be around.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#529 » by clyde21 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:18 pm

getrichordie wrote:I think this is an overreaction on Bol's performance. How many TOs did he have? He dribbled the ball so high that Tacko Fall could have walked underneath the ball. Joking of course, but damn. And what was his FG%? Show me he can be competent in a real NBA game and then we can talk about how he was slept on. Almost every single team passed on him and there's a reason why. Pretending you are smarter than NBA orgs is just simply narcissistic at some point.

oh no! a 7-2 guy dribbles high :roll:

and you don't have to be super smart to be smarter than NBA GMs, they are largely idiots tbh, historically speaking pretty obvious
matt6715
Veteran
And1: 2,797

Post#530 » by matt6715 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:06 pm

clyde21 wrote:still waiting on the list of players that are 7-2 and can pull up from 28 while blocking 6 shots on the other end

Porzingis

End of list
Hoopz Afrik
Veteran
And1: 2,064

Post#531 » by Hoopz Afrik » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:49 pm

Fischella wrote:
Justwar wrote:
clyde21 wrote:yea, let's let a 7-2, 7-7 ws shot-blocking phenom who shoots 50/40/90 and put the ball on the floor go in the 2nd round

lol @ nba GMs...clowns

He didn't act like a pro during his pre draft interviews. He doesn't dribble that well, just no one tried stripping it. Watch how high he dribbles

And flashes aside, he look pretty putrid yesterday, he is always fun that doesn't = good

Why do you assume he "still" doesn't act like a pro? What have you seen or heard from him or anyone within their organization to suggest that this is the case? Just say you don't think he can hoop and keep it pushing.
Super Eagles GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Hoopz Afrik
Veteran
And1: 2,064

Post#532 » by Hoopz Afrik » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:51 pm

The upside is high with him. I dont see 7'2" KD but I see a helluva basketball player. It aint gonna happen over night but he has a lot of translatable skills and should only get better with time as his body and basketball mind gain more experience. The future is bright and the Nuggets got a steal.
Super Eagles GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
clyde21
RealGM

Post#533 » by clyde21 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:08 pm

Hoopz Afrik wrote:
Fischella wrote:
Justwar wrote:He didn't act like a pro during his pre draft interviews. He doesn't dribble that well, just no one tried stripping it. Watch how high he dribbles

Why do you assume he "still" doesn't act like a pro? What have you seen or heard from him or anyone within their organization to suggest that this is the case? Just say you don't think he can hoop and keep it pushing.

Fisch just kinda says stuff sometimes
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,616

Post#534 » by UcanUwill » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:38 pm

NBA orgs make stupid moves all the time tho.
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,430

Post#535 » by CP War Hawks » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:40 pm

People still have extremes outcomes for him from being a seven foot KD to still being a bust for a freaking late 2nd rounder. The kid just needs to keep developing both mentally and physically at an equal rate.

Jalen Mcdaniels could also slip like Bol being a guy that needs the same type of time and development with high upside. Hope all these guys develop like they could just to see high level players keep littering the league.
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,712

Post#536 » by eminence » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:58 pm

Bol looked great yesterday. Is he still a a project with injury risks, sure thing. Still shouldn't have dropped to the mid 2nd. The man is tall and can shoot it, that takes a guy a lot further than some might think.
I bought a boat.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#537 » by clyde21 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:55 am

things this kid can do at his size are absurd

Read on Twitter
Justwar
Rookie
And1: 222

Post#538 » by Justwar » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:55 am

Hoopz Afrik wrote:
Fischella wrote:
Justwar wrote:He didn't act like a pro during his pre draft interviews. He doesn't dribble that well, just no one tried stripping it. Watch how high he dribbles

Not going on record to list the stuff I know about him. All I know is he has very few fans in the nba and the injury had nothing to do with him dropping.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#539 » by clyde21 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:08 am

Justwar wrote:
Hoopz Afrik wrote:
Fischella wrote:Still doesn't act like a pro

Not going on record to list the stuff I know about him. All I know is he has very few fans in the nba and the injury had nothing to do with him dropping.

list one, off the record...just one.
Justwar
Rookie
And1: 222

Post#540 » by Justwar » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:47 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Justwar wrote:
Hoopz Afrik wrote:

list one, off the record...just one.

Not meant for a public forum.

Return to NBA Draft