ImageImageImageImageImage

Official MMA discussion thread pt 2: UFC 268 in MSG Usman vs Colby 2, Rose vs Zhang 2

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Re: Official MMA discussion thread pt 2: Fight Island Usman vs Masvidal super card 

Post#1021 » by GONYK » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:53 am

Gastelum...
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Re: Official MMA discussion thread pt 2: Fight Island Usman vs Masvidal super card 

Post#1022 » by GONYK » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:16 am

What a profound ass whooping Figuereido just administered.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,435

Post#1023 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:53 am

Time for Joe B. to either go to Bellator or retire. His punches had no zip on them and didn't bother Figueredo at all.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1024 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:06 am

This weekend is Adesanya vs. Costa and Gustafson vs. Werdum on ESPN. Do I have that right?
Free Palestine
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,964

Post#1025 » by Manhattan Project » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:14 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:This weekend is Adesanya vs. Costa and Gustafson vs. Werdum on ESPN. Do I have that right?

Adesanya and Costa is in September, they agreed to fight this week I believe.

Tyson vs Roy Jones should've been on this card because... Shogun vs Lil Nog to complete the trilogy. I'm truly amazed Shogun is still medically cleared to fight, used to be an absolute monster it hurts to see him fight anymore. Whittaker vs Till is the main event for this one.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,481

Post#1026 » by j4remi » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:46 am

Manhattan Project wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:This weekend is Adesanya vs. Costa and Gustafson vs. Werdum on ESPN. Do I have that right?

Tyson vs Roy Jones should've been on this card because... Shogun vs Lil Nog to complete the trilogy. I'm truly amazed Shogun is still medically cleared to fight, used to be an absolute monster it hurts to see him fight anymore. Whittaker vs Till is the main event for this one.

I'm really hype for Whitaker vs Till. Shogun vs Nog is too bad it's this late in their careers, that first fight was an epic. Gus at heavyweight should be interesting too.

Bellator has a card tomorrow that's legit too. Sergio Pettis vs Ricky Bandejas is a hell of a main event. Pico is back at it too. Also one of my favorite TUF alums not to make the UFC, Jason Jackson.

Tyson vs Roy Jones and Nate Robinson vs Jake Paul...I have no clue what to do with that, none.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1027 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:47 am

j4remi wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:

I'm really hype for Whitaker vs Till. Shogun vs Nog is too bad it's this late in their careers, that first fight was an epic. Gus at heavyweight should be interesting too.

Bellator has a card tomorrow that's legit too. Sergio Pettis vs Ricky Bandejas is a hell of a main event. Pico is back at it too. Also one of my favorite TUF alums not to make the UFC, Jason Jackson.

Tyson vs Roy Jones and Nate Robinson vs Jake Paul...I have no clue what to do with that, none.

Speaking of Mike Tyson, listen to this story from Tom Segura. :lol:

LOL, I just found Part II.

Free Palestine
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1028 » by j4remi » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:40 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Speaking of Mike Tyson, listen to this story from Tom Segura. :lol:

LOL, I just found Part II.

Tom Segura is a gem of a storyteller :lol:. The second part bodied me heavy because I'm one of those people that was like "wtf, tell us the rest!"
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1029 » by j4remi » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:19 pm

GONYK wrote:What a profound ass whooping Figuereido just administered.

That was hard to watch. Their first fight told us everything we needed to know and the second fight went exactly how everyone expected. Joe gave Cruz and DJ tough fights; beat Cejudo comfortably and yet he's gonna be stuck with the record for most title shots without winning the belt. I wasn't happy with how he looked or sounded heading into this fight either. He wasn't himself and was commenting on concussion symptoms in a way that sounded like he REALLY went through a bad spell after the first fight.

Gastelum is another dude I hate to see go out like that. To me, that was a mental lapse. No need to rush a stand up when you're on top and to get caught in a leg entanglement like that...I just think he let his guard down. Dude can put on incredibly tough performances vs champions like Adesanya and Woodley; then will miss weight or lose ugly like this.

It's rare I don't run to this thread to drop some thoughts right away but that card was pretty weak. Askar Askarov was the only truly notable performance to me. The others either have a lot more to show or were fighting weak competition that make it hard to evaluate.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1030 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:37 pm

Not bad

Till vs. Whitaker

Gus vs. Werdum in his first HW bout

Rua vs Nogueiro in the old man bout

Remi, what's up on the undercard? Anything to watch out for?
Free Palestine
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1031 » by j4remi » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:15 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Not bad

Till vs. Whitaker

It's a reputable Cage Warriors allstar card fam :nod: . This is a really great breakdown, the enthusiasm is earned.
Read on Twitter

Jai Herbert's fight is especially interesting; he's got Francisco Trinaldo. He's past his prime but fresh off of back to back wins over John Makdessi and Bobby Green (both very solid veterans). He's also sporting wins over notables like Ross Pearson and Paul Felder. The dude is no slouch; a really tough test for anyone's UFC debut.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1032 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:46 pm

j4remi wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Not bad

Till vs. Whitaker

It's a reputable Cage Warriors allstar card fam :nod: . This is a really great breakdown, the enthusiasm is earned.
Read on Twitter

Jai Herbert's fight is especially interesting; he's got Francisco Trinaldo. He's past his prime but fresh off of back to back wins over John Makdessi and Bobby Green (both very solid veterans). He's also sporting wins over notables like Ross Pearson and Paul Felder. The dude is no slouch; a really tough test for anyone's UFC debut.

I'd love to watch the fights with Layla. Wooo

Yeah, I saw Trinaldo's name on the car but didn't know about Herbert. I haven't seen Trinaldo fight in a while.

I just reached back in time and pulled this one out of the bad. He was a bad man in his day ... until he Lee chocked him out. :lol:

Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1033 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:53 pm

What drugs is Herb Dean on tonight?
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1034 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:54 pm

TrinALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLdo
Free Palestine
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1035 » by j4remi » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:36 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:What drugs is Herb Dean on tonight?

Twice now, Hardy said something to him straight up.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1036 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:07 am

j4remi wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:What drugs is Herb Dean on tonight?

Twice now, Hardy said something to him straight up.

Paul Craig with the triangle choke from the bottom. Noice
Free Palestine
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1037 » by j4remi » Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:24 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Paul Craig with the triangle choke from the bottom. Noice

I really don't understand why anyone takes a fight to the ground with Paul Craig. He never tucks his chin, so the KO is always there standing and he's an absolute buzz saw on the ground.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1038 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:01 am

Gus looks done
Free Palestine
bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Post#1039 » by bringbackhoffa » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:09 am

Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1040 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:26 am

This is a fun fight
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks