ImageImageImageImageImage

Scrimmage: Nets vs Pelicans - Wednesday, 07/22/20, 7:00 PM | YES & NBATV

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,850

Re: Scrimmage: Nets vs Pelicans - Wednesday, 07/22/20, 7:00 PM | YES & NBATV 

Post#41 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:10 pm

Claud wrote:Difficult to extract anything important from scrimmage #1.

We were only able to use 9 bodies while the Pels had their entire roster minus Zion and Favs(14 players).

Not even Joe Harris suited up. We looked super gassed and severely outmatched throughout the game.

With that being said, I feel like this bubble tournament isn't really about winning for us at this point.

It's just about developing our players and seeing who is worthy of a spot next season once the cavalry returns.

One of the few positives for me was that Rodi played aggressive and looked locked in both ways. Hopefully his off the court troubles are a thing of the past. PF is his natural spot IMO. Looked a bit lost on D at times when playing center.

Musa looked solid driving to the rim and getting fouled or finishing. Still no confidence on his J though.

Lance Thomas looked heavy and slow AF. Not sure why we didn't sign a true C instead of him. No way he'll play over Rodi/TLC/Anderson.

The Martin kid looked very average to me. Yeah he looked aggressive on D but nothing special.

Chiozza looked solid but also looked over his head. We were asking too much of him to be a top contributor. Not ready for that yet.

Caris as expected looked like crap except for a few flashes. We are going to need him to shake off the rust real quick.

Fro looked the exact same as last seen for better or worse.

TLC was trash all night long both ways. Couldn't hit any shots and did not look good on D playing PF position.

Temple had a solid game. Hit the shots and played some good D. We will need his steadiness in this bubble.

Like I said earlier, hard to take much from this scrimmage.

These guys haven't played real basketball since March plus we are undermaned so this was expected.

I hope Crawford, Joe, TJ and Hall can suit up for next game becasue we NEED bodies.

yeah, I definitely agree with all of this. Thomas doesn't even look like he kept himself in shape.

I really question why Marks didn't try to get another big body once Jordan opted out. Having to play guys like Rodi at center is complete crap.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#42 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:42 pm

^
To MDB's point, it's hard to assess guys who may or may not be on this team next season, when so many of them are playing out of position. This is an unusual circumstance, and possibly the first true personnel faux pas in the Marks era. Beasley would have made things look so much more respectable, but even with him we would have been thin up front.

We need 2 warm bodies 6'9 or taller in the worst way. The talent drop-off from the end of our bench to replacement players available right now is almost nothing, and there have to be some big men still on the market. I would rather have them than Martin, Anderson, or a few others that I could name.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 659

Post#43 » by NetsJets » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:35 pm

Maybe the Nets wanted to go small like the Rockets. Lol.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,850

Post#44 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:43 pm

NetsJets wrote:Maybe the Nets wanted to go small like the Rockets. Lol.

Rockets have two top 10 players, the Nets have three top 100 players and a bunch of G leaguers.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 659

Post#45 » by NetsJets » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:10 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
NetsJets wrote:Maybe the Nets wanted to go small like the Rockets. Lol.

Rockets have two top 10 players, the Nets have three top 100 players and a bunch of G leaguers.

I was speaking tongue in cheek

Return to Brooklyn Nets